Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 27, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #11,266 of 24,667
Just to chime in on the Halloween flicks I still haven't seen Zombie's 2 yet but I thought his take on the first was brilliant. I loved it. Soundtrack especially.

Oct 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #11,267 of 24,667
Prometheus 7/10 I wanted so badly to love this movie, I merely enjoyed it, sadly.

Looper 8/10 I definitely think this could have been better, but I was hooked from beginning to end.

Oddly enough with recent flicks that push the limits of going too far, I found the kid scene quite unsettling.

Natural Born Killers 9/10 One of Tarantino's films I'd never heard of. This movie was a joy ride, a cult classic, IMO.

Oct 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #11,268 of 24,667
Quote:
Just to chime in on the Halloween flicks I still haven't seen Zombie's 2 yet but I thought his take on the first was brilliant. I loved it. Soundtrack especially.

Perfect time of year for a viewing, that's for sure! I just watched the trailer for The Lords of Salem since I hadn't even heard of that until it was mentioned earlier....that is some very interesting imagery! 

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #11,269 of 24,667
Just watched yesterday:

Ruby Sparks : 8/10
Some of the scenes are very intense, I was just staring at the screen the whole time.

Moonrise Kingdom: 7.5/10
Its a very confusing mix of comedy and tragedy. Confused me emotionally.

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #11,271 of 24,667
Here was tonight's entertainment....I'm excited to report that this was my first Vudu rental on my new Roku 2 box, and it was a beautiful presentation just like Vudu always is. I usually access it via my Oppo player, but I picked up the Roku box when I found out they added this channel. BEAUTIFUL picture...flawless stream....no issues at all. It was even a nice touch that they gave me a $5.99 credit, even though I am an existing customer. 

Anyway, on to the film....it was an interesting movie, and I'm glad I saw it, but I wouldn't have any interest in a second viewing. Nothing really groundbreaking or awe inspiring, but a few nice special effects and an interesting way to tie in the vampire lore with mid and late 19th century American history. The acting was okay. It held my attention for the duration, so that's always a good thing. 

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - 7.0/10

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #11,272 of 24,667
Tarantino openly stated that he wasn't happy about the results of Stone handling his story and original script so I wouldn't be so keen to associate him with that movie. I think he wasn't crazy either about True Romance, but I am not sure 100% on this one.

Monsieur Lazhar - great Canadian movie. I recommend it.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #11,273 of 24,667
Tarantino openly stated that he wasn't happy about the results of Stone handling his story and original script so I wouldn't be so keen to associate him with that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWtm3Un8skA&feature=relmfu
Forward to 5:10 for his radio interview on this point.
Try as he might to disassociate himself from Stone's work,his ideas are very much a part of the film,albeit interpreted in a way he does not favor.

It's near Halloween and it was on Netflix,Strait Jacket 1964 6.5/10

If you were around in the 60's you will recognize plenty of items.
Love the Ford Country Squire station wagon,our family had one.
A young George Kennedy is in this,he went on to act in plenty of war films I've watched.
Lee Majors(six million dollar man) has a small uncredited part as Crawford's husband.
Audiophile moment at 43:20,hilarious.
Easy to see how these original Bette Davis,Joan Crawford,Barbara Stanwyck B-horror movies influence modern films.

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #11,277 of 24,667
Cloud Atlas - 4/10

What a complete mess. Very tedious and no fun really at all, which is fine by me. Not much to think about here to be honest.
Anything they give you to think about is basically given away in the trailers anyway.

I think I only liked 3 characters in the movie. The Korean clone (Sonmi) and the musician (the one who composed the music).
Disliked every Tom Hanks character except for the one being interviewed.

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #11,278 of 24,667
Quote:
If B & B puts you on to Rob Zombie's The Devils Rejects-8.5/10 or House of 1,000 Corpses 7.5/10,then it was worth it.

uh lol, i know who and what rob does, loved house of 1000 corpses, hated devils rejects. also el spuer beasto is hilarious.

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #11,279 of 24,667
The soundtrack was amazing for this movie. It's so good.

Quote:
Watched DRIVE (7.9 on IMDB : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780504/) yesterday, and even though it is not my type of movie, I highly recommend it. Not a lot of dialog. But lots of action. The soundtrack with Kavinsky and Cliff Martinez is also worth listening, and it gets even better after watching the movie.

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #11,280 of 24,667
"The Raven" [8.0/10]: The movie had a ton of historical holes, but it was an entertaining though highly fictionalized story about a serial killer using Edgar Allan Poe's stories to stage his killings during Edgar Allan Poe's mysterious final weeks of life. There was just enough history to keep the historical period ambiance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back