Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 3, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #4,516 of 6,950
Do you like spaceships? Do you like rockets? Do you like simulations? Do you like Minion astronaut rip-offs? Do you want them all in one game? Then Kerbal Speace Program is for you!

Seriously though, it's a hilarious little simulation that actually is pretty legit. No, it's not a pro, MS Flight simulation, but it's still pretty f'ing hard to get to the Moon (which is pretty much the core of every vehicle simulation). Also, it's got funny descriptions that rival teh likes of The Sims. And even though it's still in early access, it's got most of the sandbox features down, which makes for a lot of fun.

If you do get this though, good luck getting your ship to the Moon. 
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #4,517 of 6,950
Do you like spaceships? Do you like rockets? Do you like simulations? Do you like Minion astronaut rip-offs? Do you want them all in one game? Then Kerbal Speace Program is for you!

Seriously though, it's a hilarious little simulation that actually is pretty legit. No, it's not a pro, MS Flight simulation, but it's still pretty f'ing hard to get to the Moon (which is pretty much the core of every vehicle simulation). Also, it's got funny descriptions that rival teh likes of The Sims. And even though it's still in early access, it's got most of the sandbox features down, which makes for a lot of fun.

If you do get this though, good luck getting your ship to the Moon. :wink:

This actually sound good. Something I could play with the kids.

Aug 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #4,521 of 6,950
  Started playing FF7 for the first time and with visual mods, so far its awesome but man Im so happy visuals have gotten so much better today 
biggrin.gif
. FF/KH FTW

You, my friend, are in for one of the longest and most satisfying journeys ever made in a game. If you I had time to sit down and replay this game again. It took more 1.5 years to finish my first play through. Without any walkthroughs or help from the internet.

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #4,522 of 6,950
You, my friend, are in for one of the longest and most satisfying journeys ever made in a game. If you I had time to sit down and replay this game again. It took more 1.5 years to finish my first play through. Without any walkthroughs or help from the internet.

Yeah, took me about the same with a guide, but only because my brother erased my memory card when I was on the third disc. He suffered my wrath. VII gets a lot of crap from "hardcore" rpg players for being overrated and much worse than other entries in the series, and yet also has it's worth exaggerated because it was a majority of the players from that era's first true rpg's, so it holds a special place for them.

I'm firmly in the second group. Lol. No shame. Loved this game through both playthroughs, and will buy it again when they get the iOS version released. Especially with the 3 minute summons. Would also be a first day buyer if they remastered/remade it for new gen.

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #4,523 of 6,950
Yeah, took me about the same with a guide, but only because my brother erased my memory card when I was on the third disc. He suffered my wrath. VII gets a lot of crap from "hardcore" rpg players for being overrated and much worse than other entries in the series, and yet also has it's worth exaggerated because it was a majority of the players from that era's first true rpg's, so it holds a special place for them.

I'm firmly in the second group. Lol. No shame. Loved this game through both playthroughs, and will buy it again when they get the iOS version released. Especially with the 3 minute summons. Would also be a first day buyer if they remastered/remade it for new gen.

They're just fanboys. I've played most of the games in the FF series up to FF9 which is where I stopped because FF9 was complete garbage, IMO. And have also played FF14 which is a beautiful game but is NOT a FF game, it's not even an open world game, just linear crap. So I kind of given up on all future iterations. I've also finished Chrono Trigger which was an AWESOME game and is the only one that I can truly say can rival FF7. FF8 isn't as good in longevity and story but it is special in it's own right, unfortunately I never finished it. I got to the end and was fighting Ultimicia over and over again, could finish it though, then my memory card got corrupt one day. 

SqaureENIX promised us a FF7 remake and I will continue to hold my breath till them. But until they do create the remake, which they won't, I've sworn to never play another garbage FF game until that happens.

Aug 4, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #4,524 of 6,950
They're just fanboys. I've played most of the games in the FF series up to FF9 which is where I stopped because FF9 was complete garbage, IMO. And have also played FF14 which is a beautiful game but is NOT a FF game, it's not even an open world game, just linear crap. So I kind of given up on all future iterations. I've also finished Chrono Trigger which was an AWESOME game and is the only one that I can truly say can rival FF7. FF8 isn't as good in longevity and story but it is special in it's own right, unfortunately I never finished it. I got to the end and was fighting Ultimicia over and over again, could finish it though, then my memory card got corrupt one day. 

SqaureENIX promised us a FF7 remake and I will continue to hold my breath till them. But until they do create the remake, which they won't, I've sworn to never play another garbage FF game until that happens.

The bold part seems to be the biggest issue with the last few FF's. Some are better than others, but still don't FEEL like they belong. I haven't played any of them extensively because of that, so I could be wrong, though. Don't want to overly judge games I haven't really played. Lol. I got burned by Skyrim for that reason. Thought it was overrated long before I played it, and ate my words and then some when I did. Bethesda needs to announce another Elder Scroll or Fallout entry soon...

Aug 4, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #4,525 of 6,950
The bold part seems to be the biggest issue with the last few FF's. Some are better than others, but still don't FEEL like they belong. I haven't played any of them extensively because of that, so I could be wrong, though. Don't want to overly judge games I haven't really played. Lol. I got burned by Skyrim for that reason. Thought it was overrated long before I played it, and ate my words and then some when I did. Bethesda needs to announce another Elder Scroll or Fallout entry soon...

I must say Skyrim was a really spectacular game. Though it kind of left you wanting more at the end. Felt kind of unfinished. I didn't play any of the DLCs, though. I didn't feel like they were worth the money, especially since there were other free community build quest mods that looked a million times better than any of the DLCs.

I'm also eagerly awaiting FO4.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #4,526 of 6,950

I must say Skyrim was a really spectacular game. Though it kind of left you wanting more at the end. Felt kind of unfinished. I didn't play any of the DLCs, though. I didn't feel like they were worth the money, especially since there were other free community build quest mods that looked a million times better than any of the DLCs.

I'm also eagerly awaiting FO4.

Skyrim isn't a story driven game, the campaign isn't the main focus as it is with typical single player games.  No mod provides a world that's as intricately detailed ore content heavy as Solstheim, and Dawnguard is honestly a much better campaign than any mod I've played for it.  Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, Moonpath to Elsweyr, and everything from ThirteenOranges aren't quite that good.  

I think Skyrim is more worth the money than any other game by far... I have 750 hours in it and I'm not even close to experiencing everything it has to offer.  Nobody even comes close to Bethesda when it comes to open world level design, except perhaps Obsidian on their one attempt.  Definitely the most lasting appeal and content of any game, my #2 most played game isn't even half this.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #4,527 of 6,950

Skyrim isn't a story driven game, the campaign isn't the main focus as it is with typical single player games.  No mod provides a world that's as intricately detailed ore content heavy as Solstheim, and Dawnguard is honestly a much better campaign than any mod I've played for it.  Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, Moonpath to Elsweyr, and everything from ThirteenOranges aren't quite that good.  

I think Skyrim is more worth the money than any other game by far... I have 750 hours in it and I'm not even close to experiencing everything it has to offer.  Nobody even comes close to Bethesda when it comes to open world level design, except perhaps Obsidian on their one attempt.  Definitely the most lasting appeal and content of any game, my #2 most played game isn't even half this.

holy ****

what were you doing for all that time.

my most played game Demons souls comes at around 105 hours.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #4,528 of 6,950

holy ****

Well, I guess that's a matter of perspective and how much you are invested into a certain game. I have spent around 150 on Skyrim - never really enjoyed it and I was one of the biggest Elder Scrolls fan but for instance have sunk at least 400 hours into Oblivion. And don't get me started on Demon's Souls coz I have spent 500+ hours on it and double that for Dark Souls.
It's just an individual thing - I barely spent 100 hours in Diablo 3 and if it wasn't for a friend of mine, who wanted to finish it on all difficulties I wouldn't have played more than 15 hours - my father has spent more than 2000 hours on it since I gave him my account.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #4,529 of 6,950

holy ****

750 hours isn't that much in Skyrim.  I've made about a dozen characters I suppose, though I didn't heavily play all of them.  I've played every major questline once, only now am I actually in the process of replaying anything.  I don't do the usual "make a character that does everything", I usually role play as more specific characters which explains why the game lasts longer for me.  The most playtime I have on one character is about 160 hours, which was my very first character (a Nord warrior that did the main quest and Companions questline).  I even found a few new locations recently.

PC games generally have by far the most content and least repetitiveness, Skyrim being a game that follows a classic formula invented by another PC game, not to mention I use close to 100 mods in it.  In my 750 hours if Skyrim I haven't really replayed anything yet except for some side quests and now the College of Winterhold main questline.  I have over 300 hours in four other games, and over 200 hours in four other games, and this doesn't count Morrowind or Oblivion which I only started not too long ago, nor does it include Neverwinter Nights 2 for which I've only played the campaign and one expansion (I currently have a little over 100 hours in it).  But I can only play so much.  
tongue.gif

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #4,530 of 6,950
Yeah, one can spent an insane amount of time on some rpgs. I personally have spent around 300 hours on Oblivion with just one character. I have been mainly an rpg player, so I have invested thousands upon thousands of hours into that genre. I actually started off with hack and slash stuff as my father got hooked when the first Diablo came out and respectively me and my brother got hooked too. And after that Baldur's Gate came out and I actually expected it to be like Diablo but it wasn't. I knew nothing about D&D and its rules at the time, so I did A LOT of reading and really got into it and Baldur's Gate took all of my spare time followed by Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape, Fallout, KOTOR etc. 
Now I'm mostly hyped about Pillars of Eternity coz most people forget that Obsidian is actually created by the devs from the closed Black Isle, so the exactly same devs created Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale and also worked on Baldur's Gate. So when people wonder why Bethesda let Obsidian develop New Vegas and bash on them I just find this ridiculous as they were the studio who initially started developing and was supposed to make Fallout 3 before they got closed and the the game was cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back