Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 27, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #4,576 of 6,947
After a 8 month break I went back to broodwar.
I still dont understand how this game feels so good so many years later.
It basicly killed all the time I used to spend on Path of exile, Dark Souls 1 and Warframe for the last week :D.

Aug 27, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #4,577 of 6,947
Finished FF13-2 just right now. Somewhere around 8.5-9/10. Voice acting let down by bad dialogue and writing, but solid if you ignore the writing. Everything else was great. Wished I could've put the full 100 hour treatment into it to 100% the game, but other games to move on to :) Would be 9.5 if not for some annoying things like how hard it is to grind to get monster materials to level your pets. Really enjoy the faster pace.

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #4,578 of 6,947
Finished FF13-2 just right now. Somewhere around 8.5-9/10. Voice acting let down by bad dialogue and writing, but solid if you ignore the writing. Everything else was great. Wished I could've put the full 100 hour treatment into it to 100% the game, but other games to move on to :) Would be 9.5 if not for some annoying things like how hard it is to grind to get monster materials to level your pets. Really enjoy the faster pace.
A lot better than XIII, eh? I gave this game the Platinum treatment, if 'ya know what I mean.

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #4,579 of 6,947
I liked 13 because the flow felt a bit more straightforward and not over the place (jumping timelines and finding gates wasn't as obvious), but 13-2 totally one-ups all the aspects of 13, minus that I wish there was a true "open-world" and there's one fight in Academia that's impossible before post-game and I've gotten stuck there a couple times.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #4,581 of 6,947
Ff12 was by far my favorite ff. The level of detail in that game is astounding especially back in ps2 days i pray the make a remake for the ps4 like they did ffx for ps3. Hate ti hear you dont like it what kinda ganes you usually look for. If you like shooter mecha games my all time favorite is the armored core series you can get em at gamestop for like 3-10 bucks

Well, I never said I did not like it. So far I did - even if I don't think it's great, it's at least good, if not a bit more...

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #4,582 of 6,947
Just finished The Walking Dead Season 2 the other day. Overall enjoyable, even though I felt there was too little actual gameplay most of the time. The last two episodes were the highlights of the show and raised the final grade to 7/10.

Also recently finished Far Cry 3. The story, missions and characters were downright ridiculous (in the bad way) and optimisation for PC was iffy to say the least, but I enjoyed the island setting and taking down the enemy camps very much. I'd give it a good 6,5/10.

The problem is deciding what to play next. I've got about 300 games backlog on PC and some on PS 3&4. Decisions, decisions...

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #4,585 of 6,947
Just bought borderlands and dark souls 2 for my xbox360 because there is no games on ps4 again..apart from infamous first light!

Borderlands series are the best, but the dark souls series was a waste of life i will never get back.. :p

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #4,586 of 6,947
Borderlands series are the best, but the dark souls series was a waste of life i will never get back.. :p

Dark Souls renewed my faith in video games...  I was so tired of picking up games and just mindlessly playing. Couldn't remember the last game that actually had any type of difficulty to it.  Maybe Contra, That Damn Ninja Turtles game oh and Way of the Samurai 3 was just confusing for the first 4 hours of play.
I swore off Dark Souls the first few times I played it but went I back to it months later and its a very rewarding game to play. I highly recommend it.  It's nice that you can beat any enemy at almost any level.. It's all skill based. not equipment based. 

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #4,587 of 6,947
Dark Souls is much more than just about the difficulty. It's also fantastic medieval fantasy rpg with a lovely world, interesting lore and great combat. At times it can get infuriatingly hard, but you can usually either cheese it out or have somebody help you. Despite all the schiit Dark Souls II gets, I think it's almost equally good. Haven't finished it yet, though.

Aug 29, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #4,588 of 6,947
  Dark Souls is much more than just about the difficulty. It's also fantastic medieval fantasy rpg with a lovely world, interesting lore and great combat. At times it can get infuriatingly hard, but you can usually either cheese it out or have somebody help you. Despite all the schiit Dark Souls II gets, I think it's almost equally good. Haven't finished it yet, though.

demons souls betters it by quiet few miles.

compared to that one, dark souls is rather generic and bland.

admittedly it requires quiet a lot of farming, otherwise I found bosses way too difficult to actually beat.

Dark souls is much better balanced in this department. If I will do as much farming in this game as much as demon's, I will probably make it a breezy affair.

Aug 29, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #4,589 of 6,947

demons souls betters it by quiet few miles.

compared to that one, dark souls is rather generic and bland.

admittedly it requires quiet a lot of farming, otherwise I found bosses way too difficult to actually beat.

Dark souls is much better balanced in this department. If I will do as much farming in this game as much as demon's, I will probably make it a breezy affair.

Demon's Souls was great too. I found it to be a good deal easier than Dark Souls though. But it might be because I finished Dark Souls before playing Demon's, so all the mechanics were already familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back