Rate the video games you're currently playing
Apr 3, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #4,936 of 6,947
  Bioshock 2 - It's been too long since I played the 1st but I think this has the best gameplay of the three games with the variety of traps you can set.  I wish there were more variety to the enemies.

Odd I htought it was the worst of the three by far. The mp was decent but I was very disappointed and let down over all. When it was announced Ken Levine was coming back for bioshock 3 I was thrilled and when it released I was so happy and amazed.

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #4,937 of 6,947
Ive been playing Alan Wake a bit. 
Very nice start, but derails a bit later on.
Over all a very nice experience.
Especially in hard mode.
7.5/10

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #4,938 of 6,947
I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Revelations and I can't get why it gets so much hate. If they think it's bad, it may only be because they are comparing it to other stellar titles of the franchise. However, I love bombs (though some, like Thunder, seem useless). Zipline placement is a little awkward but still fun. Constantinople is a beautiful city but I think, in some ways, uglier than the Italian cities in the last 2 games. It has distinct rich and poor districts and so on. It's a beautiful game and I very much enjoy playing Old Man Ezio. Seems like a continued refinement of the formula started in AC2. I think, when I finally get to it, I want to see AC3 shake things ups.

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #4,939 of 6,947
  I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Revelations and I can't get why it gets so much hate. If they think it's bad, it may only be because they are comparing it to other stellar titles of the franchise. However, I love bombs (though some, like Thunder, seem useless). Zipline placement is a little awkward but still fun. Constantinople is a beautiful city but I think, in some ways, uglier than the Italian cities in the last 2 games. It has distinct rich and poor districts and so on. It's a beautiful game and I very much enjoy playing Old Man Ezio. Seems like a continued refinement of the formula started in AC2. I think, when I finally get to it, I want to see AC3 shake things ups.

I don't think there is anything specific people hate about that one in particular. People nowadays hate on annualized series in general (Call of Duty, Battlefield and Assassins Creed are the big ones) They make so much money that other companies feel they need to rip off them to compete in the market, and it leads to less innovation across the board. 

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #4,941 of 6,947

I too enjoyed Revalations , Played all the earlier ones - didn't play 3 but ACIV-Black Flag was great and the pinnacle for me. Haven't played Unity or Rogue yet but will eventually - have too many games on my plate atm. 

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #4,942 of 6,947
  Odd I htought it was the worst of the three by far. The mp was decent but I was very disappointed and let down over all. When it was announced Ken Levine was coming back for bioshock 3 I was thrilled and when it released I was so happy and amazed.

Infinite had the skyline which was great but in terms of combat it was not an improvement on Bioshock 2, which gave you more options with many different types of traps as well as tonics that will suit the plasmids you choose and your style of play.  Vigors add a few new tweaks to the plasmids in 2 but is not really much different overall.  

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #4,943 of 6,947
The mechanics with things like bucking bronco and then pushing things off the edge as well as the skyhook I felt made combat much better (but not as good combat as 1 which was innovative at that time) and the story was exceptional - especially if you are familiar with string theory and quantum physics. Bio:3  is one of my all time favorite games and my GOTY for 2013

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #4,944 of 6,947
  The mechanics with things like bucking bronco and then pushing things off the edge as well as the skyhook I felt made combat much better (but not as good combat as 1 which was innovative at that time) and the story was exceptional - especially if you are familiar with string theory and quantum physics. Bio:3  is one of my all time favorite games and my GOTY for 2013

While the game has a decent idea about using string theory, its application was totally bonkers :D.
The idea of the ending does not archive what was supposed to (trying to avoid spoilers) according to string theory, it just ends one branch (yours) being exactly the opposite of what is implied.
This is a video I agree in the most part about bio 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNhwb7iuI4. (Oh and yes, major spoilers here).
There are two things I disliked in bio3: 
-Guns feel weak and unreal (This was true in all 3 bios).
-There is no feeling at all in terms atmosphere. Or Id say it differently, Elizabeth is all there is. In bio 1, the first 10 minutes of the game made you **** in your pants. It was truly scary, reinvigorating, and original.
In bio 3... I get a feeling :D

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #4,945 of 6,947
  While the game has a decent idea about using string theory, its application was totally bonkers :D.
The idea of the ending does not archive what was supposed to (trying to avoid spoilers) according to string theory, it just ends one branch (yours) being exactly the opposite of what is implied.
This is a video I agree in the most part about bio 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNhwb7iuI4. (Oh and yes, major spoilers here).
There are two things I disliked in bio3: 
-Guns feel weak and unreal (This was true in all 3 bios).
-There is no feeling at all in terms atmosphere. Or Id say it differently, Elizabeth is all there is. In bio 1, the first 10 minutes of the game made you **** in your pants. It was truly scary, reinvigorating, and original.
In bio 3... I get a feeling :D

I agree with you about the combat on Infinite. It was definitely weakest point of the game; the mechanics were decent, but there was too much action and most of the Vigors felt unnecessary and bland. If they had gone the route with Bioshock 1 & 2 and toned things down, it would've been a much better game.
I did like the plot and atmosphere a lot, though they are no match for Bioshock 1, which in my books is one of the best games ever. 

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #4,946 of 6,947

I agree with you about the combat on Infinite. It was definitely weakest point of the game; the mechanics were decent, but there was too much action and most of the Vigors felt unnecessary and bland. If they had gone the route with Bioshock 1 & 2 and toned things down, it would've been a much better game.
I did like the plot and atmosphere a lot, though they are no match for Bioshock 1, which in my books is one of the best games ever. 

Hmm, I would not say Bio 3 is bad, its a okish game for me. I come to expect more from big titles that have great predecessors.
Its kinda the same as with ME3. I guess I was expecting better and that was the main reason why the disspointment did not allow me to enjoy the game much.

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #4,947 of 6,947
I know what you mean. I enjoyed the first two Mass Effects a lot, but the third one was just plain bad. It was a good game on a technical level, but the the silly story absolutely ruined it for me.

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #4,948 of 6,947
I too found Bioshock Infinite to be a little disappointing on the gameplay front. Bioshock 2 actually did this best.

Incidentally, I still think Bioshock 2 is criminally underrated. I blame circlejerking for this to some degree, but the over emphasis on "new". Bioshock 1 may have been fresh, but on a gameplay front, it was extremely clunky and almost ruined the experience for me. It might as well have been a Telltale-style interactive story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #4,949 of 6,947
eek.gif
Quote:
I too found Bioshock Infinite to be a little disappointing on the gameplay front. Bioshock 2 actually did this best.

Incidentally, I still think Bioshock 2 is criminally underrated. I blame circlejerking for this to some degree, but the over emphasis on "new". Bioshock 1 may have been fresh, but on a gameplay front, it was extremely clunky and almost ruined the experience for me. It might as well have been a Telltale-style interactive story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eek.gif
 I guess that is why there is the old adage about opinions. Bio:1 Revolutionary and along with Splinter Cell a justifiable reason for having bought a Xbox. Bio:2 complete and utter letdown (wasn't aware of it at the time but now I can see Ken Levine missing really affecting the game), Bio:3 GOTY and an all time favorite. 

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #4,950 of 6,947
I should play through Bioshock 2 again. I remember it being a letdown atmospheric and story wise, but not a bad game per se. Also interested about Minerva's Den as I've never played it, but heard great things about it. I also think Infinite's DLC were better than the actual main game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back