Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 3, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #4,906 of 6,943
Are those Hyperdimension Neptunia games any good?  I was thinking of trying out Re;Birth1 later.

Playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky again.  I had gotten started last year, but ended up having to put off playing it more until recently.  Gosh damn it's addicting.  Seems like it will be a sweet 10/10 by the end.

I don't do scores, but Grow Home gets a "Buy It" rating. It's only $8 dollars and is a charming platformer. You can probably 100% the game (minus achievements) in about 5 hours, but you shoudl have a blast playing it, and I could spend another 5 hours just playing around (or playing it again).

EDIT: oh, I also just finished Majora's Mask for the 3DS. The visual updates are great, the inventory is improved, and it's still a great Zelda game. I was told that some of the boss fights are "streamlined" to be...less frustrating, I guess, but Nintendo missed the mark on the last two. Twinmold was just a PITA for the second half. It's still worth picking up if you have a 3DS. After all, it is still Majora's Mask (one of the best Zelda games ever made).

That sucks.  I would have liked for them to crank up the difficulty a little bit with those MM bosses.
Any changes to Fierce Deity Link or the other henshin masks?

Are all the maps still the same size as before?  I noticed that a A Link Between Worlds feels smaller and shorter overall versus the original SNES version.  Or maybe it's just me.  I do appreciate how creatively intricate the dungeons are.  Doing more with less and still keeping it fun, sasuga Nintendo.

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #4,907 of 6,943
It's been a while since I last played Majora's Mask but the latter two bosses seemed harder, Twinmold for sure because they changed how the giant's mask works. Zora swimming is worse, IMO. The only way to get speed is to use magic. I don't notice any significant changes in the other transformation masks, though.

As for map size, yeah, it's the same as the original. I also didn't feel that A Link Between World's was downsized at all. I felt that the 3D look gave it more life. I can see how it might seem smaller with how open it is compared to A Link to the Past. The SNES game was pretty good about blocking off parts of the world until you had completed certain dungeons, while the 3DS gives you the option of having all the items very early on, so you can complete a lot of your world exploration early, after only completing a couple dungeons.

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #4,908 of 6,943
Not really.
They tried that already and It didnt work.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPKSCoy1rr8
Its not the same thing, I know, Another company made it. But if you look at elder scrolls online, bethesda just sold the idea to zenimax, so it doesent look like they are interested in the MMO world.
I played Fallout NV for a long time when itfirstcame out and loved it completely. After a year or so I reacquired it after having traded it or something of the sort and had the GOTY edition and was excited to play the new material. Honestly it wasn't that fun the second time around at all. I attributed it a lot to the fact that when you run it felt like you were walking and when walking crawling. Also loads of load times.

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #4,909 of 6,943
I'm on a long break from FO:NV because I got bored from all the scavenging for material/junk from boxes. 

Playing Farcry 4 and I have to say that while I like the all the flexibility in liberating the enemy bases, there are too much other stuff to do and not all of them are that interesting.  The wild animals are a massive PITA especially the eagles, serious What did I ever do to them?

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #4,910 of 6,943
witcher 2 enhanced edition pc. 9.5/10  awesome game with incredible grapics. c'ant max the game graphic settings with 3 gtx 770. I have to play high settings. at ultra settings my computer wants to melt. only game capable of making my machine struggle.

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #4,911 of 6,943
  witcher 2 enhanced edition pc. 9.5/10  awesome game with incredible grapics. c'ant max the game graphic settings with 3 gtx 770. I have to play high settings. at ultra settings my computer wants to melt. only game capable of making my machine struggle.

lol, just because it runs bad doesn't mean it has great graphics.  It looked good by 2011 standards (but far from the best), and looks decent by today's standards.  What resolution do you play at?  Must be really large since my GTX 780 Ti maxes it out easily enough at 1080p.  The performance killer is "Ubersampling" - you should be able to set everything to Ultra as long as you keep ubersampling disabled.  Ubersampling is some pitiful OGSSAA attempt that still leaves a ton of aliasing.

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #4,912 of 6,943

I got bored of NV too. I did most of the GOTY version. Only when it got near the end, kill or work for House, I pretty much lost interest. Tried again later but then had to bomb The Brotherhood of Steel. Flaming turn me into an assassin with a faction I never had an issue with. Plus they then killed me on sight, and I had no chance, dead in about two seconds. Either that or do what they say and hand over all gear and weapons. Presumably to re-equip it later. Sod that. Faffing about in the inventory. Might as well uninstall it, call it game over.

Wolfenstein: The New Order, good game. More my style. Not endless inventory management. First class FPS shooter type.
Alien: Isolation. Rocks!

(Oh yeah and endless killing zombies on the i3D Zombie Riot server for Counter Strike Source.)

Mar 9, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #4,913 of 6,943

lol, just because it runs bad doesn't mean it has great graphics.  It looked good by 2011 standards (but far from the best), and looks decent by today's standards.  What resolution do you play at?  Must be really large since my GTX 780 Ti maxes it out easily enough at 1080p.  The performance killer is "Ubersampling" - you should be able to set everything to Ultra as long as you keep ubersampling disabled.  Ubersampling is some pitiful OGSSAA attempt that still leaves a ton of aliasing.

The witcher 2 had some parts of the graphics that really looked great, others simply very well, not amazing, but the world was rather coherent in the texture quality and the engine, so it felt like the graphics were better.
But anyway for me witcher 2 was rather great over all considered (only it has to be played in hard mode, or its boringly easy).

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #4,914 of 6,943
Far Cry 4 - finished all campaign and important side missions.  The only other FC game I played was Blood Dragon and the essential gameplay was the same, though I enjoyed this a lot more.  The setting is a lot more gorgeous than the neon 80's setting of Blood Dragon, and it ran smoothly on max settings.  The story and characters were very bland and thin.  The main missions were well done, but the side missions can get repetitive or are just plain boring.  I wish the Shangri-La missions were less linear, because they just look stunning.  I wouldn't mind if they made an entire Far Cry game in that kind of setting with more weapons and powers.

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #4,915 of 6,943
HOTLINE MIAMI 2! 7/10\
a nice sequel to Hotline Miami...but its just missing things...or rather not? I don't know. Its hard to place. it's not quiet and subtle like the first one...but the game play is improved...it picks up where the first one left off in story and difficulty; so it's really difficult. CERTAINLY a lot more hand holding as levels go and that's a shame. Streaming tonight at 9pm PST.

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #4,917 of 6,943
  I have been playing League of Legends and I must say: this game is pretty addictive! On the positive side, the chat feature makes it maybe 5 times better.

Tried that, was too boring :D.
Too little things to do for me.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #4,918 of 6,943
Bought Dead Rising 2 from Steam sales. Addicting and tons of silly fun, although can get annoying at times, especially during boss fights. Great game nonetheless if you're looking for some mindless fun. Was looking for something to pass the time until Pillars of Eternity comes up, and this definitely hits the mark.

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #4,919 of 6,943
Assetto Corsa 10/10

Dreampack released with best version of the Green hell ever.

Video of my last race I am the guy in the bue 00 mclaren https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJAi3hRyrGg#

Users who are viewing this thread

Back