Recent albums with AWESOME recording quality
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Loquah

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

I'm in the mood for some new music. I have very varied tastes so am open to any suggestions, but specifically would like to know what readily available albums (i.e. can pick up from a local store without having to place an order) you've found that are beautifully recorded and mastered.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 24
Mumford & Sons have had some really nice recordings lately.

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #4 of 24
Babel is a fantastic album.  Based on your post, I'm going to investigate Boy & Bear.

Quote:
Thanks hodgjy, I bought Babel today and it's quite a nice recording. I happened to buy Boy & Bear's album too and it seems to also be nicely put together. I'll listen more tomorrow and confirm.

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:
Babel is a fantastic album.  Based on your post, I'm going to investigate Boy & Bear.

Massive Mumford and Sons fan here!

Love Babel and Sigh No More. After the storm is a gem, lovers eyes and reminder are both excellent, and their cover of the Boxer is brilliant

Just listened to Boy & Bear, not bad, but i still prefer Mumford...

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Massive Mumford and Sons fan here!

Love Babel and Sigh No More. After the storm is a gem, lovers eyes and reminder are both excellent, and their cover of the Boxer is brilliant

Just listened to Boy & Bear, not bad, but i still prefer Mumford...

Yeah, Boy & Bear is a little more rock and a little less folk I feel. I'm having trouble choosing a preference. If I have them both in a single playlist on random I find I have to check the player to see which one's which. The Boy & Bear recording seems to have a little more space in the soundstage on most tracks, but there is quite a bit of variance in the mastering of tracks on each album - a few tracks sound great and a few sound just good (referring to recording quality, not music quality).

Quote:
Angus and Julia stone have pretty amazing recordings.

Thanks Jensy - I'll check them out.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #12 of 24
Along the bluegrass/folk lines, Alison Krauss & Union Station has consistent high recording quality. Ruth Moody's debut CD and Sierra Hull as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back