Recent albums with AWESOME recording quality
Apr 9, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #18 of 24
For a very heavy and self indulgent shred album Soul Cycle II by Soul Cycle had absolutely tremendously impacting production. Really really sounds crushingly heavy while it isn't brutal at all.

For a softer album I thought that Purity Ring's EP (Ungirthed) and Album (Shrines) were absolutely gorgeous. Glo fi sound at its best, euphoric and ever so relaxing.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
I would check out The Raven that Refused to Sing by Steven Wilson. Amazing production. Very much a Progressive Rock/Jazz Fusion mix.

I think everything Steven Wilson has done in his solo career, and in Porcupine Tree and Storm Corrosion, is very well recorded and produced.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:
I would check out The Raven that Refused to Sing by Steven Wilson. Amazing production. Very much a Progressive Rock/Jazz Fusion mix.

Interesting album - I like it!

I can't keep up with all these great suggestions, but please keep sharing for everyone else's benefit! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:
Perhaps Born and Raised by John Mayer? I believe they made a great mixing job!

Yeah - that's a great album and pretty good sound too. Not epic quality, but nice. The drums sound a bit distant and muffled (like they were playing in a separate room of the studio and someone forgot to turn the mic on 
tongue_smile.gif
) but a great album and enjoyable sound quality nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back