Release of 'Manhunt 2' game suspended in the US and banned in Britain and Ireland ...
Aug 25, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #62 of 69
^X2!!!!

I'm going to the lake tommoroe, btw. I'll probably run up to your house.

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
banning a videogame is ridiculous. If an individual uses influence from a game to commit acts of real-life violence, that person had issues long before picking up a controller.

Well said. Videogame censorship is a complete waste of any governments time, and the taxpayers money who pay their salaries.

Maybe book censorship will be next
plainface.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #65 of 69
From my experience video games and violent movies have not desensitized me to violence at all. Im 19 I have been playing "evil" games and watching violent movies for the last 10 years. I have also been paintballing for 6 years which acording to many people also leads to desensitization towards violence. Then about a year ago I watched my next door neighbor/long time friend get shot by the swat team 11 times. It was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. It was the first time I had cried since my dog died when I was 12. I have seen characters in video games get shot countless times. None of them even made me think twice. Its really weird... its like my brain can actually tell the difference between a real person getting shot and a character in a video game or movie getting shot.

I definately like the first manhunt game a bit though, I dont think it was as gory as that game State of emergency though. That was super brutal if I remember correctly.

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
America's Army the game was created as a recruitment tool for the armed forces, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if what brailledriver said was true.

But it's not to DESENSITIZE people to violence; it's a recruitment and training tool. Yes, there's nothing like putting a soldier out there with live ammunition (or blanks/ paintballs/ etc.), but it's a whole heck of a lot cheaper to put the strategies and realistic physics into a game than it is to actually do test runs...

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #67 of 69
What's funny, is that people who've played the "leaked" version (unedited, almost complete) say the game is pretty crappy. And they're talking about the base gameplay/graphics, not the inherent bugs/glitches of the test copy.

Sep 16, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #69 of 69
bloody double standards, thats what erks me, they will ban something if it is a soft target, ie - the computer gaming market! - cause they think they dont rely on the target audience for taxes and votes.

our government/s here in the UK;

encourage drinking with the late night license, which produces the real life violence seen in the video game, plus untold misery and carnage to the victims.

they are soft as toilet roll on the crime and antisocial real life crime seen in the video game, giving weak 6 mth reduced sentences to drunken yobs who kick someones head in of a friday night, leaving the victim either dead or in a permanant vegatitive state whilst sending old age pensioners to jail for not paying their council tax

they lowered the drugs classification on cannabis, making half the youth think it was now virtually legal to smoke/deal it

they ban christian priests and gatherings from civil, public demonstrations
and actively allow, and even provide police to guard the cordon, in the middle of a street whilst a known terrorist, abu hamza preaches extreme islamic hatred to murder all westerners by beheading them.

something is sooooo wrong there methinks.

this country needs raising to the ground and starting afresh

mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back