REVIEW: Blue Circle Audio SBH Headphone Amp
Mar 11, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #17 of 20
I know this is an old thread..bt am planning to let blue circle bake me a headphone amp inside of the 509housing to drive my he500..so a hybrid..anyone has experience with this kind of custommade blue circle  products.. Anyone knows if blue circle headphone amp pairs wellwith a phone like he500?

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #18 of 20
Hey hifimanrookie,

I own a Blue Circle preamp and mono amps (not custom made though) and what I can advise you is to ask Gilbert Yeung at Blue Circle directly. He's a very nice guy, his answers are short (he is busy building gear !) but with all the informations you need. You can send him your HE500 for him to try I guess.

For my headphone rig I have an EF-6 and HE-6, then I couldn't tell if Hifiman pair well with BC. Do you really need the amp to be in the 509 case ? If not, you can also go with a recommended amp for the HE500. Might be better.

Good luck !

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #19 of 20
Another Blue Circle preamp owner here, it has been my favorite preamp out of many others I have used !

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #20 of 20
Hey hifimanrookie,

I own a Blue Circle preamp and mono amps (not custom made though) and what I can advise you is to ask Gilbert Yeung at Blue Circle directly. He's a very nice guy, his answers are short (he is busy building gear !) but with all the informations you need. You can send him your HE500 for him to try I guess.

For my headphone rig I have an EF-6 and HE-6, then I couldn't tell if Hifiman pair well with BC. Do you really need the amp to be in the 509 case ? If not, you can also go with a recommended amp for the HE500. Might be better.

Good luck !

Hi..
Well..i actually did what u said before ur post...i contacted gilbert..and after many mails i by accident mentioned that i was planning to upgrade to the he6 next year..and two weeks later i got a very interesting mail from him.

He told me he was making an amp for another customer with a he6....so he adviced in going in a different way as the he6 needs at least 5watts into 50 ohm....so he said that he could make a custommade amp based on his latest creation..the NSL.but with 5watts into 50ohm..(he is at this moment checking if there is space for 8watts in the case as that could be better for the he6) .the case will be the same as one of his normal speakeramps..so not on the bc509 anymore..and the transformer will be in a different case connected by a 4pin xlr...as it wont fit in the case.

and the sound..and i quote gilbert:..will be same as the NSL with lots of dynamic and punch..but only made for headphones.

In june i paid half upfront so he could start with the built... It will be just as basic as the NSL..but tuned for being a headphone amp with balanced dual xlr 3pin headphone out..and only usb input..no on-off switch..as he stated his amps are made to be always on to sound on their best...and the dac part is built inside the case...simple and classy in black but with one red cherry knob for volume..thats all on the front...as far i understand the amp/dac will be balanced from front to back..

And now waiting until end of november when its finished..aaarrrggh

And thanks for ur advice!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back