Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 19, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #24,466 of 150,079
Complete photos are up for Magni 3 on the site.

With respect to competing products, if you'd like to buy something else, that is always an option. Have fun, and I hope you find something you enjoy.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 19, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #24,467 of 150,079
Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....
edit 1: forgot balanced and by-passable.
edit 2: I'm not passive aggressive.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #24,468 of 150,079
Better channel separation has everything to do with imaging. Your statement seems to contradict itself.
I have read that testing shows that no more than 30db of channel separation is necessary for a proper stereo effect. All the other stuff people report about imaging is probably more to do with channel matching of frequency and phase response.

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #24,469 of 150,079
Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for Ragnarok Please.....
edit 1: forgot balanced and by-passable.
edit 2: I'm not passive aggressive.
Or just give us a full tube totl amp that can co flagship with the raggy.

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #24,474 of 150,079
Just think the Valhalla 2 with steriods
Aha, tnx.
But for me it should really be a passive thing.
I don't want to put two active pre-amps together.
I tested the Mjolnir 2 as pre for the Ragnarok and was not happy.
The soundstage literally shrunk.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #24,475 of 150,079
In the specs section of the Magni 3 the f in fully is bold(white) and not grey as it probably should be :)
"Topology: fully discrete"
................. /\

Also does this mean the Vali 2 is getting a new button soon?

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #24,478 of 150,079
Well, ordered M3, M2U is going back to Amazon, I didn't list as defective, I listed as Not needed anymore as I'm willing to give up the $8 shipping back for the $80 savings. Already got confirmation of shipped M3 an hour after ordering

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #24,479 of 150,079
Schiit has done it again -- very cool! I probably won't be seeking out a Magni 3 for my work desktop setup as I currently have too much fun with the Vali 2 and tubes, but I'm interested to see the feedback from the early adopters... the specs are quite impressive!

I noticed in Jason's post that he alluded to the difficulties of finding worthy upgrades to all of the other headphone amps (Asgard 2, Valhalla 2, Lyr 2) EXCEPT Mjolnir 2... I wonder what he might have up his sleeve for that amp (especially since i've been thinking about replacing my Asgard 2 at home with one). The Class A operation of the Asgard really is something special, but I liked what the Mjolnir 2 was sending to my LCD-3s on one of my visits to the Schiitr...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back