Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 29, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #114,961 of 152,833
Or a passive class D amp with an active speaker inside. :smirk:

And blutooth, and a battery.

The Schiit Syn Box

Maybe Jason can get an attractive female relative to add some slightly i#$-@+&/l s&x appeal to the new product, take a page from d&$#!^e, and their 300b.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #114,966 of 152,833
And blutooth, and a battery.

The Schiit Syn Box

Maybe Jason can get an attractive female relative to add some slightly i#$-@+&/l s&x appeal to the new product, take a page from d&$#!^e, and their 300b.
So you're saying Syn is everything they will never do? :thinking:

That would mean...

A class D battery powered DAP supporting Bluetooth, DSD, and MQA that also functions as a network streamer and Dolby-surround processor with eARC HDMI interface. Did I mention it also supports electrostatic headphones, has a wonderful PC and phone app and has power switch on the front, as well?

** I think that's about everything except for speakers and headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #114,967 of 152,833
So you're saying Syn is everything they will never do? :thinking:

That would mean...

A class D battery powered DAP supporting Bluetooth, DSD, and MQA that also functions as a network streamer and Dolby-surround processor with HDMI interface. Did I mention it also supports electrostatic headphones and has a wonderful PC and phone app?

** I think that's about everything except for speakers and headphones.
lol, i was trying to keep it "simple"...... 😏...... but yeah, what you said.

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #114,968 of 152,833
I liked the video where Schiit was checking out the LRS+ from Magnepan. It really felt like they had a good chemistry between the companies and that there might be some sort of collab in the future. Not really wishful thinking since I'm probably not converting to Maggies anytime soon.

Haven't seen a digital pre + eq + whatever extra features the chipset or fpga can handle.

What kind of voltage is this new device working with? :)

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #114,969 of 152,833
I’m waiting for Syn+ to launch. The rest of you will then be stuck with Original Syn. My apologies if that pun has already been used, I’ve tried to read all the posts but there are soooo many!
Pffft. It'll be Syn++ for me. :smirk:

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #114,970 of 152,833
Actually Saturday is April 1, at least here in the US. My calendar says March 31 is Friday.
Whew. I was worried that the calendar in GA was different...and nobody told me. :relaxed:

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #114,971 of 152,833
OK -- my final guess...

A USB card (or similar) that brings the Unison USB interface to the PC and Mac allowing a Unison to Unison connection. Of course that's probably wrong as I suspect we will see a digital media center (URD without the CD player) someday soon, that will also allow that to happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back