Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 29, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #114,976 of 152,914
Some people really need to get a life… 🙄

Also:
My "sincere" apologies to those who feel triggered by this response.
Anyone triggered by your posts needs to get a life.

I must not be understanding then. Are we talking about something that's like a fancy power conditioner? I don't understand the need, nor would I be interested in it at that price. Yes it would be nice to not have 3 if not 4 wall warts for all of my Schiit, but they had a solution to that some time ago that worked as far as I know and was inexpensive.
No. A power conditioner is a passive filter. Power regenerators fully reconstruct the 120V 60 Hz sine wave so the power supplies in connected equipment have clean power at the voltage and frequency they were designed for.

I was included in a tour of a DAC/amp combination which included a regenerative power supply as an option. The short version is I thought the amp was the system's weak link, the DAC was quite to my liking and the performance of the power supply prompted me to look at Paul McGowen's website. Power Plants big enough for my stereo are more than I want to spend and he doesn't make one sized suitably for a head phone system. Pity, because I considered purchasing one of those power supplies and then figuring out how to connect my Schiit to it. The power supply cost almost as much as the gear I would have connected to it. It's effect small, but immediately noticeable. And I noticed throughout the entire time I had the gear.

Mar 29, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #114,980 of 152,914
Page 7666, this really is Syn....

:beerchug: :deadhorse: :upside_down:

Mar 29, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #114,981 of 152,914
Has anyone guessed that Syn is a long requested Super Sys?

Two rca inputs, two balanced inputs, one output of each? Same Alps pot used on Asgard, Magnius?
Cool product idea (while we're dreaming add hi-pass and lo-pass), but not sure is will bring around a pitch fork equipped mob such as Jason has envisioned...

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #114,982 of 152,914
If Syn turns out to be a disappointment, this entire thread is going to have to go on suicide watch.
Uhm, have you met the audiophile community?

No silver? Disappointed!
No tubes? Disappointed!
Tubes? Disappointed!
No power switch in the front? Disappointed!
Rocker instead of toggle switch for power? Disappointed!
Single-ended only? Disappointed!
Balanced? Disappointed!
Headphone jack on the left? Disappointed!
5 inch case? Disappointed!
9 inch case? Disappointed!
Can't be stacked? Disappointed!
Has to be stacked? Disappointed!
Is purely analog? Disappointed!
Is purely digital? Disappointed!
Is a mix of analog and digital? Disappointed!
Has a screen? Disappointed!
Has no screen? Disappointed!
Has a remote? Disappointed!
Has no remote? Disappointed!
Comes with a power LED? Disappointed!
Comes without power LED? Disappointed!
New case design? Disappointed!
No new case design? Disappointed!
No VU meters? Disappointed!

And specifically important for tomorrow’s release:
Too radical an idea? Disappointed!
Not radical enough of an idea? Disappointed!

No matter what Schiit does, there's always something to complain about for someone.
I think this community can deal with whatever tomorrow has in store for it.

Although…
Comes with VU meters? OK, now we're entering dangerous territory!

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #114,985 of 152,914
Mar 29, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #114,988 of 152,914
OK some of those are just dumb...why would you complain about a remote or balanced? Those are things you can completely ignore if you don't need them.
A9CC5531-98CD-49E2-BEB4-49B6E16213A9.gif

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #114,990 of 152,914

No, I got it, I was just amused that two things on that list seemed to have no logical reason to cause disappointment (whereas the others could be argued to be a missing wanted feature or un-preferred design choice).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back