Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 19, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #148,592 of 150,093
IMG_7855.jpegIMG_7854.jpeg

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #148,594 of 150,093
Since even before I worked here, I've always loved our Rye the most of our core whiskies and probably still do.

Of the Bottled-in-Bonds, I dig the Wheat BiB the most, but by a small margin. :)

And our Dry Gin (which I happen to be proofing down at this very moment) is my favorite gin I've ever had, and that's an honest assessment, not just me trying it sell it - much like Jason, I'm no salesman! 😁
I’ve been loving my bib rye, in spite of your recommendation I’ve had mine with ice which gives it a flavor that reminds me of Mary Jane’s……which then reminds me of the tens of thousands I’ve paid to dentists over the years. I love it still.

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #148,595 of 150,093
And our Dry Gin (which I happen to be proofing down at this very moment) is my favorite gin I've ever had, and that's an honest assessment, not just me trying it sell it - much like Jason, I'm no salesman! 😁
I will absolutely +1! Excellent Gin and my new fav!! :wink:

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #148,596 of 150,093
LOLOLOL!

Alternative:
He was only a domestic beer drinker,
But she loved him still.
Maybe:
He She was only a soda water maker
But she he loved him her still

?
p.s. edited to address linguistic quirk mentioned above :)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #148,597 of 150,093
I first heard the album shortly after losing one of my parents, so it may have had deeper impact. I had to pause it a few times between start and end, then immediately started over and listened non-stop. The album is brooding, contemplative, questioning, yet I remember chuckling a few times at his sense of humor.
Sorry for your loss. I, too, lost both sets of parents and my first wife at age 35, and music helped me through the grieving and healing process. It's like a therapy to either bring the grief forward or deflect it. I've always felt that I can connect with Leonard Cohen. Van Morrison's music is similar, for me. So thanks for the idea, and I've added Mr. Cohen's album to my library. Happy listening ...

And too, when the healing process is over, then it's time to spin up some kick-ass rock or blues and get into the head banging. Looking at you, Metallica.
That's a form of therapy, as well. :)

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #148,598 of 150,093
Since even before I worked here, I've always loved our Rye the most of our core whiskies and probably still do.

Of the Bottled-in-Bonds, I dig the Wheat BiB the most, but by a small margin. :)

I'm a big rye fan, but have been unable to score any of yours. No matter, the quest continues!

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #148,599 of 150,093
We are talking about artists that knowing they were about to die, released an album near that event, as a good bye. I don't think your example is a valid one, except if you truly believe Lennon planned his own assassination.
Warren Zevon - The Wind. Last song brings a tear to my eye. "Keep me in your heart for awhile"

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #148,600 of 150,093
Anyone got a cheapo power cable for their Schiit? My Asgard 2 came without the stock power cord, and the one the seller provided fits too loosely in the socket and wiggles its way out sometimes. Looking to replace with the typical Schiit cable if possible.
I'm not a power cable upgrade convert, and I just have a grab bag (well, a crate) full of various local hardware cables of different lengths. All seem to work fine.
Home Depot?

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #148,601 of 150,093
Gosh I hate to say this but after several comparison sessions with the Vali 2+ and Vali 3...the Vali 3 is the new King here.
Yup, for sure.

Then clarity and openess with the same tube and dac is very apparent to me here.
I would score the Vali 2 with a JJ ECC82 tube via adapter a 8.0
The Vali 3 with the same tube via and adapter is a solid 9.5.

Cans used were the very articulate and revealing HE 1000 SE's.

Looks like my Vali 2+ will be gifted to a worthy person just getting into the hobby.

Alex
:>)

Note: If anyone knows of a person that has limited funds, and is getting into this zany hobby please PM me.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #148,602 of 150,093
I'm not a power cable upgrade convert, and I just have a grab bag (well, a crate) full of various local hardware cables of different lengths. All seem to work fine.
Home Depot?
Yeah, I just ordered something cheap from amazon, lol. As long as it stays in place, it's good enough for me!

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #148,603 of 150,093
The work begins. Using the advice of the masters here I purchased three new tubes to try with the Vali 3: WE 396A, a Bendix 5670, and based on a discussion with Dale Rogalski at vacuumtubes.net, a Raytheon umbrella getter CK5670. The current winner (after VERY limited listening) is the Raytheon. My old top end impaired hearing is liking the very detailed and sharp output of this tube (so far). More to come over time. But, as @Ableza said, go with what sounds good to me. The WE is dated 12-58: I was nine years old when this tube was packaged.

P4192611.JPG

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #148,604 of 150,093
Yeah, but not like Bowie did. Literally he died (Jan 10, 2016) two days after releasing Blackstar (Jan 8, 2016). At least, I can't think of another example like that.
Warren didn't cut it quite so close; The Wind was released two weeks before his death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back