Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 23, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #5,011 of 152,624
  Come on! What's the big deal Schiit Audio? Build some with the power switch on the front (some with toggle switches, some with rocker style switches)...make sure to build some with both styles switches on the side, for the side power switch crowd, known as the SPSC. How hard could it be?...oh, that hard?...never mind. 
biggrin.gif

Actually, I while you're at it, could you add a dimmer switch/dial (some on the front, some on the side, some on the back) for the LED's? That way I could turn them way down when I'm listening and back up when I want to impress my friends. How about different color LED's? I can't be the only one that would like the LED's to match the color of my shirt!  

Have you ever seen those computer speakers with water in them, that bubble when you play music?! Those are the best!

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #5,012 of 152,624

Have you ever seen those computer speakers with water in them, that bubble when you play music?! Those are the best!

No, I haven't, I'll have to look them up. I'd keep that on the down-low though as before you know it someone will ask Schiit to add multicolored bubbles to the front of their cases. 
biggrin.gif

Hey everybody, enjoy your weekend! 

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #5,014 of 152,624
More on a Schiit theme, a speaker with water and a floater in it and flushes when you play music?

Ummm, would that be a Schitty idea? 
biggrin.gif
 Poor Jason is getting bombarded with all sorts of weird Schiit. Them's the breaks of being on the Internet.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #5,018 of 152,624
  This power switch thing... aren't people working on mods? Surely something can be done with string and sealing wax? Or almost-invisible wires? Smoke and mirrors?

An individually switched, rack mounted power strip works for me. It has the added benefit of turning off those stupid "always on" LEDs from sources that I rarely use.

No big deal, Ragnarok runs hot; I don't want to leave it on all the time and I need to place it in a rack. It seem to warm up adequately in 10 min or so.

Now if I could just get an indicator for the speaker/headphone switch output.  I can piss off my wife all by myself without waking her at 3am because I got it wrong.

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #5,019 of 152,624

An individually switched, rack mounted power strip works for me. It has the added benefit of turning off those stupid "always on" LEDs from sources that I rarely use.

No big deal, Ragnarok runs hot; I don't want to leave it on all the time and I need to place it in a rack. It seem to warm up adequately in 10 min or so.

Now if I could just get an indicator for the speaker/headphone switch output.  I can piss off my wife all by myself without waking her at 3am because I got it wrong.

You put your Rag on a baking rack?

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #5,021 of 152,624
Ok the switch " thing" I think Jason is unaware of the problem. If like myself you have a stack of equipment like amps dacs cdp computers some bristling with hot tubes Schiit and not Schiit products in various configurations  you have to reach back over under and thru a tangle of interconnects, digital optical and coax cables, power cords, USB cables, cables that just reproduced spontaneously from other cables all in back to find the toggle switch.  I even have one HP Amp with on off switch in front BUT the headphone input in in back go figure (Bellari anyone)
 Now as far as being locked out if your keyless fob is dead just call your assist service or car service dept  and they can remotely unlock car assuming your cell phone is not locked in car
You know what Jason is right the key wasn't such a bad idea after all lol  

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #5,022 of 152,624
Jan 23, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #5,023 of 152,624
I have the feeling that this thread is being cluttered with not-so-interesting and hardly funny ideas. I am partially responsible for that as well and don't want to offend anyone, it's just something that happens on forums from time to time... and it's becoming a bit tedious.
From the recent posts, the speaker/headphone indicator on the Ragnarok is one of the few realistic and useful suggestions. Let's have more of those please!
redface.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #5,024 of 152,624
Pretty sure he's aware of the switch issue from a user standpoint J&J. From a production standpoint the chassis would need to be bigger & more expensive, the PCB would have to be redesigned, the switch that's currently used is too ugly to be on the front imo, so add more cost. Let's add on overhead to the MSRP to keep the same profit margin for the new BoM, I'd guess the cost of every product would go up by at least $10-$30. For a switch. Jason is openly suggesting alternative options because he seems pretty firm on not bothering with it for new revisions. There are other companies making great products with switches on the front if it's that big of a functionality issue. I get that it's so basic that nether side should be making an issue out of it like this to the point where it's just silly, but it seems like the people who want Schiit with a frontside switch are pushing an immovable wall. I'm sick of reading about this stupid issue in every Schiit thread lately. The discussion has been had.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #5,025 of 152,624
Pretty sure he's aware of the stuff issue from a user standpoint J&J. From a production standpoint the chassis would need to be bigger & more expensive, the PCB would have to be redesigned, the switch that's currently used is too ugly to be on the front imo, so add more cost. Let's add on overhead msrp to keep the same profit margin for the new BoM, I'd guess the cost of every product would go up by at least $10-$30. For a switch. Jason is openly suggesting alternative options because he seems pretty firm on not bothering with it for new revisions. There are other companies making great products with switches on the front if it's that big of a functionality issue. I get that it's so basic that nether side should be making an issue out of it like this to the point where it's just silly, but it seems like the people who want Schiit with a frontside switch are pushing an immovable wall. I'm sick of reading about this stupid issue in every Schiit thread lately. The discussion has been had.

+1 Not only has the conversation been had, but Jason has unequivocally stated that there will be no redesign and followed that up with work arounds for those who needed them. Please can we discuss something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back