Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 13, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #20,026 of 152,104
the oversight is on the owner of the Ragnarok ..NOT FROM SCHIIT..they knew at the time of purchase it didn't come with a remote.

The only way it could be an "oversight" on the buyers part is if they bought a Ragnarok thinking it had a remote control. No, this is Schiit Audio's oversight. It would appear they did not expect the Ragnarok to be used the way many people want to use it. I am pretty sure that Jason said someplace that in hindsight, they should have designed it with a remote control. That is an example of an oversight. No one is suggesting Schiit Audio made a huge mistake or should be drawn and quartered. It is a feature that many people would like added if Ragnarok is even tweaked.

May 13, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #20,027 of 152,104
Tried to post everything using my phone and end up with 3 pictures and I think I just deleted all instead of two. Sorry.
And now back to the good old days!
IMG_20170513_132014521.jpg
It's from1975. I bought it in 1982.

Eitr!
Eitr!
Eitr!

May 13, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #20,028 of 152,104
That turntable is a thing of beauty.

May 13, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #20,029 of 152,104
I would imagine that eventually there will be a Rag 2, just as there has been for all other Schiit amps. Hopefully it would include some tech from either the Jot or Vidar.

And of course a remote control...

May 13, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #20,030 of 152,104
I agree but.... I do use it only for 2ch and it does it sooo well.
I ditched my NAIM Supernait for it and have no regrets.

So Pietro - what are you using for HP listening? Is it the Mjolnir2? Just wondering...

May 13, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #20,031 of 152,104
I am listening to SiriusXM "Oldies Party" while reading stuff here and at other sites I am intredasted in.

I fed Rocky the Labratard and later will go out looking for a Maine Coon Kitteh at the local shelter(s), then pick up an album I ordered by "The Lumineers" called "Cleopatra" at my local Narnes & Boble. Then I want to look at large motor scooters as I am a wimp of a gimp and can no longer hold up a manly motor bike due to my wimpy fiddler crab right leg.

LMAO. Happy hunting, Toadster.

May 13, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #20,032 of 152,104
So Pietro - what are you using for HP listening? Is it the Mjolnir2? Just wondering...
Mjolnir 2 with LCD-X for jazz and modern and HD800 for classical mostly.
For pop I use the Valhalla 2 with LCD-X
For noise it's the Lehmann Black Cube Linear with the Grado's
So yes, the Mjolnir 2 almost exclusively.

May 13, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #20,033 of 152,104

Thanks. Are you using tubes w/ the HD800 or the metal SS tubes? Just wondering, as I owned the Mjolnir1 and it was too bright (for me) with the HD800...

May 13, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #20,035 of 152,104
I love my Ragnarok without a remote. I use the Ragnarok to drive my headphones, but lately I have been using it to drive my Fritz speakers. I do not mind getting up to fiddle with the volume control. The day I am to damned lazy to change the volume, is the day, I check into heaven or hell lol. Whatever place will take my lazy no good body lol. But this is just my opinion.

Usually I am too lazy to go searching for the remote because it is misplaced somewhere. I just use the front panel controls.

May 13, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #20,036 of 152,104
The only way it could be an "oversight" on the buyers part is if they bought a Ragnarok thinking it had a remote control. No, this is Schiit Audio's oversight. It would appear they did not expect the Ragnarok to be used the way many people want to use it. I am pretty sure that Jason said someplace that in hindsight, they should have designed it with a remote control. That is an example of an oversight. No one is suggesting Schiit Audio made a huge mistake or should be drawn and quartered. It is a feature that many people would like added if Ragnarok is even tweaked.

Not necessarily a Schiit oversight. Many enthusiasts revel in a bit of inconvenience for the sake of making a statement. The Rag shouts, “I am for the listener who wants the best sound quality for the lowest price.” Losing a remote is great, a signature moment, a defining characteristic. Shakes out the posers and pretenders, so owners can share a unique product knowing the designer held nothing back making the best for the least.

Kudos, Jason.

May 14, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #20,038 of 152,104

I tried the LCD-X with Valhalla 2 and I did not like how they pair. Lyr 2 was far better match.
I can imagine the Mjolnir 2 does even a better job.

Why Val for pop?

May 15, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #20,039 of 152,104
I tried the LCD-X with Valhalla 2 and I did not like how they pair. Lyr 2 was far better match.
I can imagine the Mjolnir 2 does even a better job.

Why Val for pop?
I'm not at all sure. Its the only combination where I can listen for hours to B52's, Talking Heads, Rolling Stones etc. without getting annoyed.

May 15, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #20,040 of 152,104
I'm not at all sure. Its the only combination where I can listen for hours to B52's, Talking Heads, Rolling Stones etc. without getting annoyed.
I like the Valhalla 2 for pop as well...but I'm not sure there is any dac/amp combo that can allow me to listen to the B52's for hours (scratch that, minutes) without getting annoyed! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back