Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 9, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #118,171 of 152,207
I haven't had enough experience with GPT based training to know what parameters or boundaries you can set/tweak/modify on them.
This type of interaction is obviously here to stay, so I should probably educate myself on how to most effectively make use of them (or most effectively annoy my kids with them ...)
this is an interesting response - In German I asked ' you appear to be multi lingual - is that correct ' . Answer ' Yes, I can answer in German and English. I am a Shiite ( hilarious !! )talker and I am available to answer any questions you may have. How can I help you? '
Screenshot 2023-05-09 153847.png

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #118,173 of 152,207
The last two years certainly hasn’t gone like this. Last year when I was looking for a Blackwing Cadillac nobody had any. I mean no one. I was calling dealers 1000 miles away. So tried to find a BMW M3. Same deal. Had to order a car. Waited 11 months only to find out the manufacturer cut production due to parts shortages. Luckily found something similar but lower end than I wanted. Full sticker, no haggling, no choice. If I wanted the car. While I was at the dealer deciding two other people came in and asked if was still available. Things are finally getting better but I don’t know if it will go back to every dealer having a lot full of cars. Manufacturers found out profit margin is much better with low inventory.
That damn pesky long Covid hit everything, including friends, family and cars.

May 9, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #118,174 of 152,207
I haven't either, but my guess is - speak like you're talking to someone whose first language isn't English. Don't use slang words or phrases.

Nor should you use names from the Norse pantheon. I have several Schiit devices plugged into a smart outlet strip. Alexa totally bombs on "Yggdrasil", although 'she' pronounces it the same way I do. "Freya" is about 50/50 hit or miss. "Asgard" starts some guard dog feature. "Rotel" might not be Norse, but I get some response about canned tomatoes or rotelle pasta. Even a simple phrase like "Play CD," will usually get the response "Sorry, I can't find that song." Your best bet is to create routines or macros like "headphones on" or "stereo off".

I'm on a mission to eliminate Alexa, except as a streaming source, from the stereo system with another DIY project. It's ugly, looks industrial, and fails SAF (Spousal Acceptance Factor) on all counts.

May 9, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #118,175 of 152,207
Nor should you use names from the Norse pantheon. I have several Schiit devices plugged into a smart outlet strip. Alexa totally bombs on "Yggdrasil", although 'she' pronounces it the same way I do. "Freya" is about 50/50 hit or miss. "Asgard" starts some guard dog feature. "Rotel" might not be Norse, but I get some response about canned tomatoes or rotelle pasta. Even a simple phrase like "Play CD," will usually get the response "Sorry, I can't find that song." Your best bet is to create routines or macros like "headphones on" or "stereo off".

I'm on a mission to eliminate Alexa, except as a streaming source, from the stereo system with another DIY project. It's ugly, looks industrial, and fails SAF (Spousal Acceptance Factor) on all counts.
We use Rotel tomatoes with peppers to make chili and jambalaya. Very tasty. :)

May 9, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #118,179 of 152,207

My Rotel integrated amp came with a bluetooth dongle to plug into a USB port on the front. It showed up in the Alexa app as "Rotel". The instruction "Connect to Rotel" never worked the way I wanted.

May 9, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #118,181 of 152,207
One of my college roommates taught me about Rotel, I have used it ever since.🤪

May 9, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #118,182 of 152,207
SchiitTalker will even point you in the direction of other manufacturers ... A deus ex machina of Schiit's philosophy of transparency and "if you don't like what Schiit has to offer there are plenty of other brands out there" perhaps

Q: "Which headphone amps work best for high-impedance headphones?" <-- admittedly a vague question, but was a bit surprised by the response

A:
A proper use of “deus ex machina”, very nice.😉

May 9, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #118,184 of 152,207
Something we're playing around with a bit:

https://www.schiit.com/contact

Let me emphasize that this is a first-generation, ChatGPT 3.5-based bot that still needs training (as in, if it gives you the wrong answer, let it know--it will learn.) Consider this just for fun at the moment. If it's useful, we'll up it to ChatGPT 4. But feel free to have some fun and let me know what you think.
Mmmm, prompt hacking with Schiit, I love it!

Screenshot_20230509_083004.jpg

And yet:
Forsooth, I would recommend the Magni 3+ headphone amp to thy dear grandmother. It is a wondrous device that doth amplify the sweet melodies from her headphones, making them sound louder and clearer than ever before. And lo, it is not too costly, and its design is most pleasing to the eye. So if thy grandmother doth desire to hear her music with greater clarity, then verily, the Magni 3+ is a device most worthy of her consideration!

Inquiring about a fitting DAC, I got this:
Methinks that the Modi 3+ would be a most fitting companion to the Magni 3+ headphone amp. Forsooth, it is a digital-to-analog converter of great quality, which doth provide clear and accurate sound that shall delight the ears. And lo, it is most compatible with the Magni 3+, and its price is not too high, so it shall not cause thee undue financial burden. Thus, if thou art in search of a DAC to match with thy Magni 3+, then the Modi 3+ is a most excellent choice, verily!

Screenshot_20230509_083702.jpg

Edit: Got it to channel Mr. T instead of Shakespeare.

Screenshot_20230509_091755.jpg

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #118,185 of 152,207
SchiitTalker will even point you in the direction of other manufacturers ... A deus ex machina of Schiit's philosophy of transparency and "if you don't like what Schiit has to offer there are plenty of other brands out there" perhaps

Q: "Which headphone amps work best for high-impedance headphones?" <-- admittedly a vague question, but was a bit surprised by the response

A: schiittalker.png
Not Valhalla?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back