Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #286 of 2,954
Trying to be patient, but I’ve heard horror stories about waits of months and the A90 can be here in a few days. I’d prefer the Jot if possible.
Don't do it! The time spent waiting for the amp is nothing compared to how long you'll keep it...
And if you go A90 and keep reading this thread I'd bet it gets returned eventually!

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #291 of 2,954
For those that already got yours. Have you tried it with (sensitive) IEMs?

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #292 of 2,954
Has Schiit mentioned what's been holding up the orders on Jot2? Glad we're seeing the start of some movement. I'm looking forward to comparing it with the BHA-1.
It looks like they're having some defective part issues because myself and someone else on SBAF both received units that had an identical problem of audible distortion in one channel. But the replacement Jot2 they sent me is working perfectly.

So my guess is that they are hand-QC'ing every single one, and they are probably finding a lot of defective boards, which will limit supply.

Hopefully, they can get the issues worked out soon.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #293 of 2,954
Jan 12, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #294 of 2,954
Jan 13, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #296 of 2,954
No hiss except on high gain. FYI balanced output is the better output.
Great! I only have IEMs now (will get back to full size later) and all my cables are balanced, so I think your comments help me a lot.

I am in between J2 and iFi iDSD Signature at this point. I am not really happy with the cable connections distribution on the Signature, so J2 is getting a bit of advantage now..

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #297 of 2,954
It looks like they're having some defective part issues because myself and someone else on SBAF both received units that had an identical problem of audible distortion in one channel. But the replacement Jot2 they sent me is working perfectly.

So my guess is that they are hand-QC'ing every single one, and they are probably finding a lot of defective boards, which will limit supply.

Hopefully, they can get the issues worked out soon.

Interesting I thought everything was tested prior to shipment from Schiit.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #298 of 2,954
Not certain. Last email I got said they’d start shipping this week but I’ve seen on other boards folks who ordered days after I did getting shipping notifications and I’ve had nada
I think the most frustrating piece is I can’t get information on my specific order. It’s just generalities about estimated time frames that may or may not be accurate. I don’t throw too much of a fit, but it’s frustrating. When will order 12345 ship? No idea. Maybe a few days. Maybe two weeks. That’s irritating.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #299 of 2,954
I think the most frustrating piece is I can’t get information on my specific order. It’s just generalities about estimated time frames that may or may not be accurate. I don’t throw too much of a fit, but it’s frustrating. When will order 12345 ship? No idea. Maybe a few days. Maybe two weeks. That’s irritating.
Well it's a pretty new product launched in the middle of a pandemic and hiccups can be expected during a normal product launch even in the best of circumstances. I'm sure they're doing everything they can.
If they have a few thousand orders and (say) a thousand amps they're getting ready for this batch, it may not be possible for customer service to know for sure if you're part of the next batch going out.
I'm ready to get mine too, and I figure they'll get it here as soon as they can. Schiit has always done me right and I suspect they'll continue to do so for all their customers (as much as possible.)

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #300 of 2,954
Well it's a pretty new product launched in the middle of a pandemic and hiccups can be expected during a normal product launch even in the best of circumstances. I'm sure they're doing everything they can.
If they have a few thousand orders and (say) a thousand amps they're getting ready for this batch, it may not be possible for customer service to know for sure if you're part of the next batch going out.
I'm ready to get mine too, and I figure they'll get it here as soon as they can. Schiit has always done me right and I suspect they'll continue to do so for all their customers (as much as possible.)
Agreed. Like I say just a frustration. I love my Schiit. I will continue to buy Schiit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back