Schiit Midgard - Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #286 of 614
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am a new owner of a Schiit Midgard with Modius; and I also own an RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I've been reading your post, going to YouTube to watch videos (and gave thumbs up). So that is it for now. I will be asking questions and request your opinions with regards to my next move for my desktop system. Best regards, Jules.

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #287 of 614
Welcome to the thread, sorry about your wallet.

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #289 of 614
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am a new owner of a Schiit Midgard with Modius; and I also own an RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I've been reading your post, going to YouTube to watch videos (and gave thumbs up). So that is it for now. I will be asking questions and request your opinions with regards to my next move for my desktop system. Best regards, Jules.
lol curious what you think about RME ADI-2 vs Modius.

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #290 of 614
lol curious what you think about RME ADI-2 vs Modius.
I was biased to the RME because I already owned it. Did an A-B test. RME was Wow, it's great with my first test track (ran flat, no EQ). Then tried the Schiit stack, and Wow, it's great too...but different because of more lower bass energy which gave me the sensation of a bigger soundstage. So that was my first test and I'm doing more test. Love the Schiit.
IMG_5637-2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #291 of 614
Then tried the Schiit stack, and Wow, it's great too...but different because of more lower bass energy which game me the sensation of a bigger soundstage.
Ah yes I remember when I first tried Lyr 3 I also thought the bigger bass gave me a bigger feeling of scale.

Like you know the rumbling from movie theatre.

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #295 of 614
Understanding the technology, it's not going to be very useful in planar drivers
Is it safe to assume it's also not going to make too much difference on low impedance dynamic driver headphone too? (i.e. 25 ohm)

Also still curious to see a Magni Unity vs Midgard comparison.

Thinking to eventually pick up with Magni Unity + Internal DAC or Midgard + Modius.

I currently do not have balanced cable. Will need to buy a balanced cable if I ever pick up Midgard.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #296 of 614
There is a pretty good comparison over on Super Best Friends Audio. I'd still like to see some more however. Although I've already made my choice with the Midgard/Modius! That comparison is without the DAC module however...

It runs my 16ohm Sonorous Final III's very well but I don't have a balanced cable to compare the SE output to the HALO. I do for my 6XX but can't tell too much of a difference. That probably just because I haven't done much A/B testing however. I mostly just use the halo because my balanced cable is so much better than the stock.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #297 of 614
Is it safe to assume it's also not going to make too much difference on low impedance dynamic driver headphone too? (i.e. 25 ohm)

Also still curious to see a Magni Unity vs Midgard comparison.

Thinking to eventually pick up with Magni Unity + Internal DAC or Midgard + Modius.

I currently do not have balanced cable. Will need to buy a balanced cable if I ever pick up Midgard.
The impedance is not the determining factor, it's the size, shape and travel length of the drivers. Planars are barely moving, hence halo isn't supposed to make much difference in them

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #298 of 614
There is a pretty good comparison over on Super Best Friends Audio.
Ah ok cool I'll go exert some of my google-fu LOL.
It runs my 16ohm Sonorous Final III's very well but I don't have a balanced cable to compare the SE output to the HALO.
Nice that's good to hear at least it runs well with low impedance devices from the SE end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back