Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Sep 7, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #2,281 of 4,854
Sennheiser are a magnificient brand. and No, Sennheighser will not follow. Please continure Sen, you've proven several times you are one of market ;eaders. continue to do that. dont weep at suggestions

Sep 7, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #2,282 of 4,854
Anyone here using their IE900 with A&K SP1000 (or/and SP1000 Amp)?
How is the synergy?

Sep 7, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #2,283 of 4,854
Have you tried the Final Audio Type E? They made all the difference for me with my MEST MKII's after trying a bunch of others.

Yes, I've tried the Final Audio Type Es on the IE900. Unfortunately, I didn't have very good luck with them. They made the upper-midrange and treble tinny while truncating extension. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #2,285 of 4,854
Yes, I've tried the Final Audio Type Es on the IE900. Unfortunately, I didn't have very good luck with them. They made the upper-midrange and treble tinny while truncating extension. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
I'm yet to find an IEM that Final E really suits. Maybe LX if you're after wub-wub sub-bass, but that's all. I find they mess with the mids of most IEMs I've tried them with, and not in a good way. They're very comfy though.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #2,286 of 4,854
I'm yet to find an IEM that Final E really suits. Maybe LX if you're after wub-wub sub-bass, but that's all. I find they mess with the mids of most IEMs I've tried them with, and not in a good way. They're very comfy though.
I use the Final-E tips the Ier-z1r. Gives less reverb effect to the subbass than the default Sony hybrid tips. And ups the mids a step.

Doesn't increase bass because it's the same inner width as the ier-z1r default tips. But doesn't seem to resonate with the subbass as the default tip. The default tips (also Azla SednaEarfit Lights) does a reverb effect that puts the subbass to the front of the presentation, and gives me a sense of incoherence from the ier-z1r's subbass.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #2,288 of 4,854
The only IEM I've liked Final E's with was Valkyrie Mk2. But yeah overall, I havent had much luck with Final E's either.

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #2,289 of 4,854
Yah, I pretty much only use them with the LX.

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #2,291 of 4,854
Funny to see the ie 900 is (for now) present in the collection of quite of the connaisseurs of headfi along with u12/z1r/EE LX/a18/ and trailli .. which tend to be also « keepers » models over long period .. just to say ..
everyone needs a bit of fun now and again :)

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #2,292 of 4,854
Funny to see the ie 900 is (for now) present in the collection of quite of the connaisseurs of headfi along with u12/z1r/EE LX/a18/ and trailli .. which tend to be also « keepers » models over long period .. just to say ..
Compared to those TOTL IEMs it may not compete when broken down into subjective ranking categories, but taken as a whole, I daresay it's a good "value" even for a $1.3k IEM.

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #2,293 of 4,854
I’ve been reaching for my IE900 more often than most other IEM’s when I choose what to listen to each day, basically since I bought fhem. They’re just such an enjoyable and addictive listen. They’re obviously not the absolute best for technicalities but I never feel like I’m missing anything either :)

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #2,294 of 4,854
I’ve been reaching for my IE900 more often than most other IEM’s when I choose what to listen to each day, basically since I bought fhem. They’re just such an enjoyable and addictive listen. They’re obviously not the absolute best for technicalities but I never feel like I’m missing anything either :)
Absolutely and I never listened to those technical monsters - my aure audio elixir is actually far more technical in that département.. but as you said I like the ie 900 far better for immédiat pleasure

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #2,295 of 4,854
100% - I have Traillii just over a week now and while fantastic, definitely hasn't killed my IE900 joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back