Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 Impressions Thread
Jun 17, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #466 of 560
the right bud went dead and not recharge, i think i managed to do a manual reset (wich i couldnt tell if it was succesful), by holding the buds against the case while plugged to power. i didnt not tried reconnection, because it seemed to me the bud kept dead. so i just gave up, went at it the next day and the right bud seemed ok, as it seemed to had taken charge again, so i repair and inmediatly did an app factory reset (wich i have never done). wich resulted on the inears working better than ever, bt connection seems stronger than before. hopefully it will keep that way. not sure if i got lucky, or if there is hope on factory reseting.

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #467 of 560
the right bud went dead and not recharge, I think I managed to do a manual reset (which I couldn't tell if it was successful), by holding the buds against the case while plugged to power. I didn't not tried reconnection, because it seemed to me the bud kept dead. so i just gave up, went at it the next day and the right bud seemed ok, as it seemed to had taken charge again, so I repair and immediately did an app factory reset (which I have never done). which resulted on the in-ears working better than ever, BT connection seems stronger than before. hopefully it will keep that way. not sure if I got lucky, or if there is hope on factory resetting.
The recharging enigma is well documented.

Seems it's caused by overly sensitive charging contact points, both on the buds and the case. Giving both a gentle wipe down and making sure the buds are properly seated, when in the charging case, rectifies the issue (for most).

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #468 of 560
So I got my replacement self adhesive grills through today. The 5mm fit perfectly.

It's worth to note, for the last week I have been using these every day without a grill in place. Neither did I notice any change in sound quality or issues of any kind.

This makes me think about doing the same on the right bud just for the hell of it. The smallest number of replacement grills I could order was 20 for about £2 inc shipping from china. It makes me wander why Sennheiser don't use these self adhesive grills in the first place.

Jun 24, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #470 of 560
Set it to what you like!

Drag each band slider to extrem low and high to hear what it is changing in the currently running music and leave it then at a position where you think it sounds best. Then do this a second time for all band controls and some more times with a different kind of music. You will very quickly find a good setting, I think.

Also you can try the sennheiser listening test for another adjustment. This will sound different. But I am not sure which setting is better. It will depend on the type of music and recording as well as your mood today

Jun 25, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #472 of 560
and one more question ....today i tried the multipoint by pairing them with my dap which is a ibasso dx170 with android 11 and bluetooth 5.0
Everything was ok but the i had to go to toilet which is 3 meters away with of course 1 wall in between and the connection was coming and going ....the music was constantly crack ...come and go ....come and go.....what could the problem be?

Jun 25, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #473 of 560
If it's a brick wall that might be your answer. Go outside put whatever media. Player your using on a table, grpund, or whatever, then walk away. If you can get to sat 20ft with no issues, there's no problems.

There are 2 setting on the buds, one for sound quality, one for connection. If you go sound quality it is less stable, which it does warn you about. Sometimes just putting my phone in my pocket causes them to drop out. I restart the bluetooth connection and all is good again.

Jul 14, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #475 of 560
Just returned mine 2 days ago. Will have to wait and see if the fixed/replaced unit behaves. Will keep the forum posted.
Got my replacement TW3's today - so it took just under a month.

From what I can tell however, it looks like they've just shipped me a brand new set. I had to re-install the app and update the firmware. All in all, I'm happy that I have them back and that they are working just fine... ...for now

Jul 14, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #476 of 560
Got my replacement TW3's today - so it took just under a month.

From what I can tell however, it looks like they've just shipped me a brand new set. I had to re-install the app and update the firmware. All in all, I'm happy that I have them back and that they are working just fine... ...for now
These things cost peanuts to make so it's their only option imo. Mine have been 100% fine since I applied my fix.

I think Sennheiser should have approved retailers you can take a set to, to have them repaired. It takes a minute or two. But since I did mine I have not had 1 blip.

Just make sure you use them loads.

Jul 14, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #478 of 560
I think i'll just take your advice next time - if anything goes awry. It's a long time to wait for a repair + the cost of sending them recorded delivery
It's funny that it's always the left bud that goes. But at least you've got a brand new pair so your batteries are good for the next 2yrs+

If you do decide to do what I've done, pealing back of the grill on the ear bud itself should be easy as it could already be dislodged. Once pealed off and goo removed, they will work 100% fine without. You can get replacement self adhesive grills off ebay for pennies- you need 5mm. They are likely to sound even better once done.

In the meantime take a pen or pencil and push the sponge that's in the rubber bud, down into the bud more. I think this sponge is part of the issue if it rests on the grill. 🙂

Jul 19, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #479 of 560
It's funny that it's always the left bud that goes. But at least you've got a brand new pair so your batteries are good for the next 2yrs+

If you do decide to do what I've done, pealing back of the grill on the ear bud itself should be easy as it could already be dislodged. Once pealed off and goo removed, they will work 100% fine without. You can get replacement self adhesive grills off ebay for pennies- you need 5mm. They are likely to sound even better once done.

In the meantime take a pen or pencil and push the sponge that's in the rubber bud, down into the bud more. I think this sponge is part of the issue if it rests on the grill. 🙂
I tried the fix on my pair, it didn't work. Guess my pair is far beyond a quick and easy fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back