Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 4
Mar 22, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #61 of 130
Whats the benefits of aptx lossless, besides higer bitrate? I see that many people likes Spotify best. Even many of the people on headphone.com Does even Spotify benefit from aptx lossless? 🤔

Mar 22, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #62 of 130
Whats the benefits of aptx lossless, besides higer bitrate? I see that many people likes Spotify best. Even many of the people on headphone.com Does even Spotify benefit from aptx lossless? 🤔
This may be the latest article written about it. I use free Spotify and use the default settings. On my well-recoded audio, I can tell the difference between aptX Adaptive and LDAC vs the other codecs.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #63 of 130
I'm really *really* happy with the MTW4 and how they sound.

My only gripe is with the software - I can take that they won't connect automatically, but I'd really prefer them to keep the settings.
Every time I take them out of the box and connect them, transparency is turned off again, and touch control enabled (which I'd like to disable).

Is that a known issue? It can surely be fixed by a software update?

Wasn't there someone from Sennheiser here in the forum...?

Mar 22, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #64 of 130

My only gripe is with the software - I can take that they won't connect automatically, but I'd really prefer them to keep the settings.
Every time I take them out of the box and connect them, transparency is turned off again, and touch control enabled (which I'd like to disable).

When I take the MTW4s out, transparency mode is turned ON and I want it off! When you find the fix I'll do the opposite!

Mar 22, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #66 of 130

Are you on Android with a pixel? At least on my pixel 8 pro the latest beta update fixed that auto connect part.

After they just updated the software to include transparency mode in phone calls these are by far excellent TWS. I have one issue remaining but it's a big one and that's the phone call quality. All these extra mics and it's still pretty bad.

If they can fix that with some firmware updates these will be absolutely perfect as long as the battery doesn't have the issues of the last generation.

The az80 feel bulky in comparison, I like the sound better on the mtw4, And the controls and the app.

Just basically I'd like better phone call quality and a smaller case. The case is not going to change but maybe they can fix the phone call.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #67 of 130
Are you on Android with a pixel? At least on my pixel 8 pro the latest beta update fixed that auto connect part.

After they just updated the software to include transparency mode in phone calls these are by far excellent TWS. I have one issue remaining but it's a big one and that's the phone call quality. All these extra mics and it's still pretty bad.

If they can fix that with some firmware updates these will be absolutely perfect as long as the battery doesn't have the issues of the last generation.

The az80 feel bulky in comparison, I like the sound better on the mtw4, And the controls and the app.

Just basically I'd like better phone call quality and a smaller case. The case is not going to change but maybe they can fix the phone call.

Yes, I'm on a PIxel 8. The MTW4 still donm't auto connect, but that's not as bad as the settings not sticking.
I managed to assign all touch functions to "do nothing", which fixes that bit for now.

Not perfect, but worth it for the great sound and fit.

It's the second pair with the exact same bahaviour, so I guess it really is the software ;(

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #68 of 130
Yes, I'm on a PIxel 8. The MTW4 still donm't auto connect, but that's not as bad as the settings not sticking.
I managed to assign all touch functions to "do nothing", which fixes that bit for now.

Not perfect, but worth it for the great sound and fit.

It's the second pair with the exact same bahaviour, so I guess it really is the software ;(
Yeah mine also remembers the last settings too so, That's a Google issue unfortunately. Hopefully in the April security update that one goes in for the non-beta members.

This beta is a little more buggy than the last couple so it's up to you if it's worth it to switch now.

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #70 of 130
Hi folks!
I get only 5h of play out of these (volume is a tad below 50%, ANC on, Standard audio quality setting in the app, aptX classic) from full charge to the moment they start asking for recharge, while manufacturer promises 7h30m with ANC on. Do you experience the same? Could it be possible because of dated Bluetooth stack of my Samsung Galaxy S10+, or something wrong my pair?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #73 of 130
The bluetooth version is 5.3 on the box, and 5.4 on the official website. This is mistake?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324-225726_(1).png
    Screenshot_20240324-225726_(1).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Mar 24, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #75 of 130

Users who are viewing this thread

Back