Sennheiser Orpheus
Jun 15, 2006 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

allm1ghty

New Head-Fier
this might be silly question, but i'd like to know Orpheus's (as one of the best headphones in the world) "multi-functionality".

i mean, is Orpheus built _only_ for music listening OR will it do "kickass" job in movies and games as well? well, guys, who you have/are owned(ing) it, have you tried its power anywhere else but music as well (does it have surrounding feelings etc). and when you have, describe the experience..

it's just interesting to know..

orphsmile.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 34
Are you serious that you would really use an orpheus combo for gaming???????????
confused.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szabi
Are you serious that you would really use an orpheus combo for gaming???????????
confused.gif

noo, i never can effort them..
etysmile.gif

i was just inerested to know will they make huge difference at games, as well as movies comparing to some $700 headphones, or are they worse and only built for music?
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Can't speak for HE90s, but the HE60s work a treat with gaming, movies, TV, etc.

I think Lan uses his HE60s for gaming too...

Jun 15, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
Don't electrostats lack the necessary bass for movies and games?

okay, lacks the bass, but what about the spatial sound? will it imitate the surround?

Jun 15, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 34
If your head gets on with it I would say the O is suitable for everything. The headspace was very suitable for gaming and I enjoyed CS:Sing on it for short periods with the amp connected to the back of the X-Fi Elite Pro. Long sessions though would make my head hurt, just like music listening.

Jun 15, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #11 of 34
Some say it is, some say it isn't. The Omega II is on the same level as the HE90, it's just different. As is the K1000, or so people say.

Jun 15, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by allm1ghty
okay, thanks
580smile.gif

but is HE90 the world's _BEST_ headphones then?

I think it probably is. I've only had a chance to hear it for a few minutes here and there, but I think it has the fewest deficiencies of all headphone. They do lack some of the slam of dynamics, but they sound incredible.

Jun 15, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #15 of 34
good point mitch ^ Bass quantitiy should be superv with higher end amps...

As for gaming with the he90's Im going to do it. Doom3 and counterstike should be great with it. The only problem with using such a highend heapdhone on games, is that it can some time be fatiguing because you can here to much detail such as grainy explosions, and edgy or distorted gun fire ect. But all in all i think its a treat, and it even helps performance. I can pinpoint the openents position with thier feet steps and even shoot threw walls and kill them. Ive been banned recently from a few servers cuz of it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back