Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 3, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #16 of 3,872
I thought I was out of the game... but now you have me wanting to get the dx160 and shuoer tape....lol

Waiting for full review of shuoer and dx160 vs m11..

Hoping both will go on sale on 11.11

Ps. Heading to tokyo in December, any good restaurants/places that you would recommend? Maybe you can pm if you have time..thanks!

Will definitely have a vid with 160 and the M11. This IEM is a detail beast. Good stuff. I know some spots in Tokyo. I know some underworld folks too. Can arrange a meet up with a former Yak that basically does a tour of the darkside of Tokyo.

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #18 of 3,872
Will definitely have a vid with 160 and the M11. This IEM is a detail beast. Good stuff. I know some spots in Tokyo. I know some underworld folks too. Can arrange a meet up with a former Yak that basically does a tour of the darkside of Tokyo.
I need to go to Tokyo...

Glad to hear that my jumping the gun on ordering this isn't going to be a total waste of money.

Is the bass at least better than the P1?

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #20 of 3,872

I can't pm you but can you give me more details of what this dark side of tokyo entails?

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #21 of 3,872
I can't pm you but can you give me more details of what this dark side of tokyo entails?

You can contact me on YT my mail is in the about section.

It's a Yak who did time in the states. He is famous now in Japan but I met him in Hawaii before most knew him. He does (actually his boys) show the historical (criminal) sites and head offices (organized crime members are registered and offices on public streets) along with other stuff if time allows. He runs an activity company in Summer (Jet ski and stuff) and tours (other seasons). PM me and I'll let this go back OT :)

Oct 3, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #23 of 3,872
I'm actually confused by the description since it says it has a 3 way frequency distribution (I'm guessing that means a 3 way crossover).

To me the layout initially looks like a dynamic with an estat placed on top in the same manner as a dual dynamic or piezo. But now I'm questioning that and think you might be right....

Can someone confirm what this thing actually is?
I think that part is just terrible English - marketing talk.

"Tape ensures every details is fully displayed. Tape can greatly avoid resonance and give you a high resolution sound, balanced three frequencies. Except for function, Shuoer also has its aesthetic which can be seen from the retro look of tape"

Balanced three frequencies = balanced/neutral frequency response.

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #24 of 3,872
I think that part is just terrible English - marketing talk.

"Tape ensures every details is fully displayed. Tape can greatly avoid resonance and give you a high resolution sound, balanced three frequencies. Except for function, Shuoer also has its aesthetic which can be seen from the retro look of tape"

Balanced three frequencies = balanced/neutral frequency response.
That's how one part was labeled on the exploded drawing of the iem too, so my guess is that it was the crossover. But why would they put a 3 way crossover for a two driver IEM or for a single driver?

I guess time will tell until @Hawaiibadboy can get some clarification from his seller friends.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #25 of 3,872
Can you link the page on Ali express?

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #26 of 3,872
US $127.16 31%OFF | SHUOER TAPE 10MM High-Performance Nanotechnology Low Voltage Electrostatic Driver in-Ear Earphone With Detachable MMCX Cable
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/KAPZDm8u

This of where I ordered them. If you look in the pics or item description it'll show the breakdown.

Also, fyi, add about $3 in filler items and you can stack $5 and $3 seller coupons.

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #27 of 3,872
That's how one part was labeled on the exploded drawing of the iem too, so my guess is that it was the crossover. But why would they put a 3 way crossover for a two driver IEM or for a single driver?

I guess time will tell until @Hawaiibadboy can get some clarification from his seller friends.

I imagine I will get an answer today or tomorrow or they will ask. It is not a sound like the Sonion or any other driver of recent memory

Only 5 left on Amazon (easy return policy)

https://www.amazon.com/Linsoul-Elec...ywords=Shuoer&qid=1570100453&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Will have a compare with P1 today i hope. Doing Halloween decorations....tis the season :wink:

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #29 of 3,872
Will have a compare with P1 today i hope. Doing Halloween decorations....tis the season :wink:

I'm gonna wait for your review, before i order.
On Amazon Germany are still 20 left! :grinning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back