Spirit Torino Valkyria
Jan 4, 2021 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,000

Barone Birra

100+ Head-Fier
The new top of the line from Spirit Torino, with twin driver, titanium cups and silver wiring...

2c563010.jpg

Jan 4, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 1,000
Who owns any Spirit Torino’s? I never hear about them or see any reviews of them on here.
I've only seen them for sale on HeadAmp. I don't know anybody with them, though I am curious. They have a whole range. I initially thought they were Grado rip-offs, but I don't think that's the case. Who knows? :thinking:

Feb 2, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 1,000
.... no, they are not modified Grado, likely that they resemble something in the look with the old Hp series. I don't have Valkyria, but a more modest Twin Pulse, which has two drivers in an isobaric chamber.
They're great performance headphones, I even sold a Susvara for them and now I'm queuing for a Valkyra.

Feb 2, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 1,000
I tried looking it up. Is it for sale yet? I gotta say, I like the look of it a lot. I'm curious to read more about that model. I know very little about the company

Feb 2, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #7 of 1,000
for now, only a pre-series has been made, a few copies for a group of people, a kind of crowfounding, in fact you won't find it in the list. I am very curious, now I have a Twin Pulse Torino and it drives me crazy, I sold the Susvara and now I also tried a Zmf Veritè open, nice headset but Spirit is at an even higher level.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #8 of 1,000
for now, only a pre-series has been made, a few copies for a group of people, a kind of crowfounding, in fact you won't find it in the list. I am very curious, now I have a Twin Pulse Torino and it drives me crazy, I sold the Susvara and now I also tried a Zmf Veritè open, nice headset but Spirit is at an even higher level.

How’s the bass on Twin Pulse? I read that it can be a bit overwhelming. Is that true?

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #9 of 1,000
How’s the bass on Twin Pulse? I read that it can be a bit overwhelming. Is that true?
The latest revision has some innovative pads, from what I read more neutral. There are the old ones (bass heavier) in some reviews seen on YouTube.

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #10 of 1,000
The latest revision has some innovative pads, from what I read more neutral. There are the old ones (bass heavier) in some reviews seen on YouTube.

Any impressions that I can read on this new version? Thanks!

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #11 of 1,000
Any impressions that I can read on this new version? Thanks!
Biscottino has one.
But I basically believe the merits of the "old version", with a more neutral and balanced tuning.
Currently, Valkyria and Twin Pulse pads are the same.

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #12 of 1,000
I had a chance to hear three of the Spirit Torino models last year the Super Leggera, Radiante 1706 & Twin Pulse 1706. They were all bass monsters to varying degrees. The Twin Pulse has more slam than any dynamic driver headphone and I don't think it's very close. Would be interesting to compare their level of slam to something like the Abyss 1266 TC.

What I remember most is they were painfully uncomfortable. Wearing them for longer than an hour was not possible without physical pain. This was due to a combination of the terrible pads and heavy weight. The ear cups and frames are top notch build quality but that amount of metal certainly contributes to the comfort issues.

They have changed to entirely new pads designed by Dekoni across the range now and I hope that helps.

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #13 of 1,000
the transition to the dekoni pads was fundamental, for the improved sound and comfort.
. Now the weight distribution is perfect, a bit like the Lcd4 did which is heavy but the large pads make it full of comfort.
The sound is at the highest levels of quality, transparency without excess, powerful and tight bass with no tail, fabulous midrange, deep and with clear and sculpted sounds.
Personally, a masterpiece, now I am selling some things, Susvara, Stellia and today also a Zmf Verite open which while playing very well, remains behind the Spirit to move to the top Valkyria, I can't wait!

Feb 5, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #15 of 1,000
soon a party with Riviera Aic10, Rogue Audio RH5, Abyss 1266, Abyss Diana, Spirit Torino Twin Pulse and the new Valkyria, stay tuned!!!!

Wow! Don’t keep us waiting for too long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back