Spirit Torino Valkyria
Feb 20, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #437 of 1,101
I own both. Susvara is more airy, more precise, has more space. It is a far more polite sound.
Valkyria, oh my, It's more muscular, sensual, physical, with more body, more punch, more slam, and a lot easier to drive.
Thank you.

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #438 of 1,101
Feb 20, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #439 of 1,101
Shall I take it as a very positive impression on Valkyria? 😊
Absolutely. I know I only have a $4,000 headphone in the Meze Elite so there is obviously a large gap in price there, but what I heard was outstanding. What I heard was more separation of instruments. More resolution without brightness. The dynamic swings were incredible. There was more air and I got a tremendous sense of the instruments within a certain space in the recording. It was truly remarkable.
Susvara should be here in a day or two.

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #440 of 1,101
Absolutely. I know I only have a $4,000 headphone in the Meze Elite so there is obviously a large gap in price there, but what I heard was outstanding. What I heard was more separation of instruments. More resolution without brightness. The dynamic swings were incredible. There was more air and I got a tremendous sense of the instruments within a certain space in the recording. It was truly remarkable.
Susvara should be here in a day or two.
Great! Impressions like yours always bring back my interest in Valkyria 😁

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #441 of 1,101
Great! Impressions like yours always bring back my interest in Valkyria 😁
Understood.
I forgot to mention one thing in my description. Yes, this sounds very cliche but on an orchestral piece I played that had a double bass solo, I could "see" the bow and strings unlike anything I've ever heard before on a piece of music that I've heard on MANY loudspeaker and headphone systems.

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #442 of 1,101
Understood.
I forgot to mention one thing in my description. Yes, this sounds very cliche but on an orchestral piece I played that had a double bass solo, I could "see" the bow and strings unlike anything I've ever heard before on a piece of music that I've heard on MANY loudspeaker and headphone systems over the years.
So the Valkyria is a good conplement to the Elite?

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #444 of 1,101
So the Valkyria is a good conplement to the Elite?
Without question. While I was listening I kept saying to myself, "Wow, I'm not getting this at home." The Elite is no slouch, it's just that the Valkyria does what the Elite does, only better.
I have to say though, the Elite is much more comfortable. NOTHING in my experience comes close to the comfort of the Elite. It is, IMO, the benchmark of comfort and is the standard to which all headphones should be measured for comfortability.
Susvara is better technically, but V is much more interesting to listen to. I never missed Susvara after I sold it. Haven’t sold Valkyria yet, but I'm already thinking that maybe I shouldn't 🤣
Based on what I heard, I wouldn't either. Lol!

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #445 of 1,101
Without question. While I was listening I kept saying to myself, "Wow, I'm not getting this at home." The Elite is no slouch, it's just that the Valkyria does what the Elite does, only better.
I have to say though, the Elite is much more comfortable. NOTHING in my experience comes close to the comfort of the Elite. It is, IMO, the benchmark of comfort and is the standard to which all headphones should be measured for comfortability.

Based on what I heard, I wouldn't either. Lol!
If I’m not mistaken, Valkyria’s weight is quite substantial. Does it feel heavy when you’re wearing it?

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #446 of 1,101
If I’m not mistaken, Valkyria’s weight is quite substantial. Does it feel heavy when you’re wearing it?
Eh... For my limited time with it, I didn't feel as though the weight was bothering me. I cannot comment after a long listening session though. I do know that I wasn't super thrilled with the comfort, especially at that price point.
Like I said, regarding comfort, everything must compare to the Elite. And so far, everything has fallen short in that regard.

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #447 of 1,101
I own both. Susvara is more airy, more precise, has more space. It is a far more polite sound.
Valkyria, oh my, It's more muscular, sensual, physical, with more body, more punch, more slam, and a lot easier to drive.
So Susvara is more airy and has more space? Good Lord. The Valkyria had a lot of air and space for my tastes.
Wow. I can't wait for my Susvara to arrive.

Feb 20, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #448 of 1,101
May I ask what amplifier you drove the Susvara with when you reached those conclusions?

Feb 21, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #450 of 1,101
First I drove it with an Audiovalve Solaris, then a Naïm supernait 2, and finally Tsakiridis Appolon’s monoblocks. So I believe I really fed the Sus with enough power 😉
Wow. Impressive lineup. You definitely did the Susvara justice with those amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back