Spirit Torino Valkyria
Jul 9, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #691 of 1,062
But it was the only amp used for it at the Spirit Torino booth.
Looking at the picture from CanJam, I think it’s a new amp from Spirit Torino, a more affordable version than Sigfrid (the amp that was designed to drive Valkyria).

Jul 9, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #692 of 1,062
In my conversations about amp pairings and options with Andrea he has told me about this new amp. The stripped down version of Sigfrid amp . And it is supposed to have a great synergy ! :)

Jul 9, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #693 of 1,062
In my conversations about amp pairings and options with Andrea he has told me about this new amp. The stripped down version of Sigfrid amp . And it is supposed to have a great synergy ! :)

Yup, it was great. A bit on the darker side (which I believe is mainly attributed to the headphones), but actually in a good way that made the overall sound feel really refined. Kind of hard to describe actually.. But I think someone here said that the overall presentation of the Valkyria reminded them of the OG TOTL Grados (HP1000, PS1, etc.), and I would concur, but improved overall.

Jul 9, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #695 of 1,062
My friend had a chance to listen to them for a brief time , was sooo impressed. Incredible stage, saturation and body to the sound that is found in none. I know he changed the pads and had a palladium cable and was blown away by the sound .

Jul 9, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #696 of 1,062
Spirit Torino Centauri New Planar Magnetic Headphones

I meant to mention, got to hear these as well. They were very good. A more upbeat and lively sound, was very good with rock.

Jul 9, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #697 of 1,062
I meant to mention, got to hear these as well. They were very good. A more upbeat and lively sound, was very good with rock.
That is correct , i forgot that they had incredible bass response.

Jul 9, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #698 of 1,062
Yup, it was great. A bit on the darker side (which I believe is mainly attributed to the headphones), but actually in a good way that made the overall sound feel really refined. Kind of hard to describe actually.. But I think someone here said that the overall presentation of the Valkyria reminded them of the OG TOTL Grados (HP1000, PS1, etc.), and I would concur, but improved overall.
Is this what you heard ? image0 (1).jpegimage2.jpegimage1.jpeg

Jul 9, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #699 of 1,062
Jul 10, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #700 of 1,062
Desert island recording ...

Sure an unorthodox, re-creational interpretation (it's Pogorelich!), yet a most riveting one.

Pushing piano sonorities and evocative powers to the limit.

It triggers an impossibly broad and contrasting range of emotional reactions, from sheer terror, to transcendent meditational status, to grotesque, sardonic figures, to sparse desolation, to reckless euphoria. A genuinely impressionistic performance.

Not for the faint of heart :guardsman:

1689012616929.png

Jul 13, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #701 of 1,062
Hello all.
Perhaps some of you are aware of this but
I have come across this site. All of Bach, They have videos of their high quality recordings of Bach. You can watch it on their site or on their chanel on YouTube.
https://www.bachvereniging.nl/en/bwv/bwv-1008

This is the one that I have really enjoyed today.

Too bad it's not available in audio only. I have written squiring if it is available on audio only. See what they reply.
Enjoy.

Jul 13, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #702 of 1,062
Hello all.
I have come across this site. All of Bach, They have videos of their high quality recordings of Bach. You can watch it on their site or on their chanel on YouTube.

Too bad it's not available in audio only. I have written squiring if it is available on audio only. See what they reply.
Enjoy.

Keep us updated on the reply

Jul 13, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #703 of 1,062
Hello all.

Enjoy.

Their immediate reply "I'll be Bach"

Jul 13, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #704 of 1,062
Jul 18, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #705 of 1,062
Keep us updated on the reply
Here is the answer I received:

Unfortunately, at this moment we do not offer our recordings via audio streaming services.

The main idea behind the All of Bach project was to create an online streaming platform for video and audio combined. Most of the recordings are live registrations of concerts of the Netherlands Bach Society and we believe that the video images add an extra experience: as if you were present at the concert. That information will be lost if you separate the audio from the images. On top of that, the legal agreements with our musicians prohibit the separation of video and audio.

Since the arrival of our project All of Bach. Our music and recordings can be viewed on our website or Youtube for free.

https://www.bachvereniging.nl/en/allofbach

So I guess we listen and watch ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back