Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread
May 2, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #782 of 784
I ordered a power adapter plug for the SR -002, supposedly the AC002. I got it and it does not work. I measured the voltage and is was 5.2 volts. In the past I have tried a Sony and a Phillips 4.5 volt cd power supply. They did not work either. Now I have a regulated variable dc voltage that I also use for other estat amps. Now with the tip is + and the barrel is negative and the appropriate adapter works great. For home use it is great but is a brick when it comes to portability. I also found that to use ac I need the batteries pulled out.
What have other folks tried and what worked?I

Ignore this, Played around with the new adapter and got it to work.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #783 of 784
Excellent earphones and portable amplifier, D-10 is a bit weak for full-size headsets, but it is made for 003, i find 003 very comfortable, they sound like "baby sr 007"

Attachments

• stax 003.jpg
    stax 003.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
May 28, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #784 of 784
Tests and more fun today with the SRS002. I had mentioned before that the AC adapter I purchased online not working, but it actually does. What I found with it was that after turning it on with the adapter, it takes almost a minute to warm up and work but maybe another 10 minutes to sound good and maybe an hour to get really good, less if I use eco mode. Now with the regulated variable power supply it starts right up and needs no real time to sound good. Alkaline batteries about the same. Tonight I thought I would try some rechargeable ones I had just charged up. These are Duracell rechargeable batteries and say 1.2 volt on them. Going on 6 hours of playback and sound very good, I will have to try some regular alkaline ones next for any sound differences and let everyone know if these 1.2V rechargeables are worth any further investigations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back