Step above mid fi
Feb 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #31 of 126
Quote:
The wait is the hardest part. Before seeing your response my I was going to recommend the LCD 2's. With the Schiit Lyr and your current DAC you should be golden. Give some reviews once you get it all set up. I've got the D5000's currently and think i'm going to the LCD 2.2's as well.

Do it, LCD-2 rev2 are much better than D7000 in my opinion... Haven't heard D5000 though.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #32 of 126
Just got my Audezes, so far after 2 hours, the sound is AMAZING. the mids are soo lush and the treble is just right. The bass on the other lacks compared to the denons, however i prefer the audeze because it works well with all the other parts of the headphones. THANKS GUYS! this was easily one of my best purchases to date. :D

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #33 of 126
Quote:
Just got my Audezes, so far after 2 hours, the sound is AMAZING. the mids are soo lush and the treble is just right. The bass on the other lacks compared to the denons, however i prefer the audeze because it works well with all the other parts of the headphones. THANKS GUYS! this was easily one of my best purchases to date. :D

Glad you like them... I also think the treble is "just right". Bass, mids, treble - all very near to ideal!

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #34 of 126
Quote:

hells bells those came in fast haha, glad you're enjoying them

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #36 of 126
Quote:
Just a question, is it normal to have slight imperfections on the wood? There's little white marks on the top.

I'd say yes, woods not perfect. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #39 of 126
Nah, that's nothin. :wink: If it bugs you get in touch with them, they'll probably replace it. Personally I wouldn't worry about it at all but you have every right to be fully satisfied with your $1k purchase. :)

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #41 of 126
Now for a amp... :wink:. What would be a good option for my audeze that is under 500 dollars preferably under 300 if posible that would be the best bang for my buck. Keep in min that all my headphones including the audeze are under 100 ohms and i currently only have a fiio e9.

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #42 of 126
Schiit Lyr preferably or a Schiit Asgard.

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #43 of 126
You need to balance the chain out equally. With the LCD-2 the Lyr and Bifrost can't be beat in that price range.

While leaving a nice chunk of change to play with some tube rolling.

I don't see why you would want to bottleneck the potential of the LCD-2 with the Objective gear, or the budget Schiit mini's.

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #44 of 126
Quote:

You stated my exact experience after going from the D5000 with J$ earpads to Mad Dogs with Alpha pads...but for only $300.  I prefer the isolation from the Mad Dogs in most environments I listen in, but I would love to hear the LCD-2 and see how it compares to the latest Mad Dogs.  I was set on purchasing the Audezes, but I wanted to try the Mad Dogs first to see how they sounded since they were relatively cheap and came with a solid return policy.  Now I'm not sure if I need to spend the extra money.  Regardless, I'm not returning the Mad Dogs, but instead of using these at work as I initially intended, they may replace my Denons for home use.

I will have to see if anyone can compare the newest Mad Dogs to the LCD-2 to see if it is a significant improvement.

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #45 of 126
Quote:
You need to balance the chain out equally. With the LCD-2 the Lyr and Bifrost can't be beat in that price range.

While leaving a nice chunk of change to play with some tube rolling.

I don't see why you would want to bottleneck the potential of the LCD-2 with the Objective gear, or the budget Schiit mini's.

Objective2/ODAC is fully capable to drive LCD-2 to their full potential, you can even read up full details on nwavguy's blog (use search button, he even talked about current with LCD-2).

If you look about high-end professional amps like Fostex HP-A8, DAC1/DAC2, O2 etc., none of those output 10W or so... Why? Because it's overkill and you are only getting distortion with overdriving your headphones. Actually, O2/ODAC specs are very similar to both HP-A8 and DAC1/DAC2... It's a SPECTACULAR piece of gear.

EDIT: Not to say that the version with 1/4 headphone out and better internal connections is even better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back