Superlux HD-662F ~ Affordable Closed Ear Headphones ~ Amazing Quality
Jan 19, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #16 of 24
I don't think HD660 (and hd668b and hd662 and hd669 -- in fact, all superlux full-size headphones) is mean for portable, it's BIG, not as big as AD700 but bulky enough. Sorry, can't comment on K518LE....

Quote:
The 660 are not portable? do you have the akg k518le? i heard its good for metal too..though it has comfort issues..

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #18 of 24
I do own the akg 518 le and I listen to a lot of different metal music (thrash, speed, metalcore, etc) and even though they sound good with that style of music (from my zune hd anyway) these cans are not the best, my alessandro  ms1i sound more realistic and less boomy. I think even my old and busted koss porta pro used to sound best (can compre now 'couse they are broken) but I do use more the akg simply because they are more portable than my alessandro and isolete a lot better the what the koss could. sorry for my bad english.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #19 of 24
sorry for opening old thread, but i can't  make decision which of hd 662's buy. i listten rock, pop, piano music and clasic.
what do you think?
Thanks for any advice?

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #21 of 24
I own 662 and 662F. They both sound A LOT better than their ridiculous price [$35] would suggest.
However, Imo 662F is clearly the better headphone.
Regular 662 are seriously V-shaped. They have a lot a "punch", with heavy lows and aggressive highs.
Add to that the great seal they offer and there you have a good studio tracking headphone (perfect for a drummer) or even a DJ headphone (the cups cannot rotate but the band is very flexible though).
But their colored signature is fatiguing. Plus the mids are recessed and mediocre, they lack refinement and the pronounced top end sounds artificial/annoying.

The 662F is a neutral, highly detailed and unforgiving headphone for monitoring purposes.
Precise treble. Mids in check, neither prominent nor recessed, nice.
Bass is clean, digs pretty low, is impactful and has an amazing texture.
Seal is excellent.
For a fully closed headphone the 662F offers a superb soundstage, with great separation and imaging.
Analytical, highly detailed and neutral sound. Not for everyone but great mixing tool though.
For... $35 (35!) you will get something almost as good as the Shure 940. A kind of closed little brother of the Q701 or something.
If you like acoustic music, jazz, folk, strings,.. chances are good you will love those.
(Btw, the Superlux 681 EVO - also $35 - may be a great alternative if you are looking for a warmer signature.)

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #22 of 24
Can any1 compare 662F to 681?

I have 681 but treble are very harsh. I have to cut -2 treble in FiiO E09K + E07K. On slightly cold Samsung S8500 I have serious trouble with trebles.
Bass is amazing on 681. Is it less present on 662F than on 681? I don't like listening to the metal on 681 EVO - too much bass, on classic 681 is great. I read bass quality is better on 662F than on 681. What about the amount of bass? Is there less bass on 662F (because of F-model) than on 681?

I want to buy 662F to listen metal music (most prog metal) on S8500. If trebles are too harsh on S8500 I will buy warmer DAP in the future. I have no other option because 662F are the only one cheap closed headphones to listening to the metal music.

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #23 of 24
Will these headphones sound good with dance music? I mean, well it be enjoyable with punchy bass for example?
Also, what is better for listening to dance music: hd662f or hd668b?
Thanks!

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #24 of 24
I subtracted Shure SRH440 measurements with Focal Spirit Pro measurements from Tylls site and made a EQ from it. This adds some full yet controlled bass presence that these headphones lack, and smoother highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back