Teclast X30 : X-Series: New Model - Basic FLAC, MP3 Player, TF Card, Clean SQ.
Mar 4, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #77 of 93
There are two versions, X30 and X30SE. I was told by a China Taobao seller, the older version is X30 which is thicker and heavier. Other than that, everything else is the same according to Teclast's own listing. None of his customers has commented on the difference of sound.

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #78 of 93
One of the things that really bugs me, is that when you want to play the contents of a folder, the order of the files is not according to the file names (EP80,EP81, so on so forth) but rather jumbled. It was pretty obvious to me with my previous players (and on my android phone) that the files play in the correct order as long as I name them properly.
Does the player support PLS or other playlist files?

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #79 of 93
Quote:
Why didnt you pick up some sort of clip?  Is it the price. That is very interesting? 

I don't really like the clip design. besides, I love the fuze in big part due to it's wheel and rockbox compatibility.

Eventually, if sandisk or someone else won't put out a good new player (which it seems they won't), I might try and design one of my own.

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #81 of 93
i was not able to update the firmwrare with your tutorial

please could you explain at what moment in your process you connect the X30 to the computer ?

at last what are the the problems that are resolved by this update ?

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #83 of 93
ClieOS,

Do you have both x30 and x30se?
What you said about the 1 sec fade in, do you managed to disable it?

If you have both, it worth buying the x30se or x30 is bether?

Thank you!

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #84 of 93
  ClieOS,

Do you have both x30 and x30se?
What you said about the 1 sec fade in, do you managed to disable it?

If you have both, it worth buying the x30se or x30 is bether?

Thank you!

That's no way to disable the fade-in. It seems to be an issue due to firmware / hardware. I didn't buy X30SE as according to what I have read, the two are actually based on the same hardware. Only the case and the UI are revised. So they should be pretty much same sounding. Just get the cheaper one if you are interested.

Dec 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #85 of 93

That's no way to disable the fade-in. It seems to be an issue due to firmware / hardware. I didn't buy X30SE as according to what I have read, the two are actually based on the same hardware. Only the case and the UI are revised. So they should be pretty much same sounding. Just get the cheaper one if you are interested.

Thank you for the advice!
I've bought it. When it arrive I'll try to give a feedback, at least about the fade-in problem.

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #86 of 93
Hi again! My x30se just arrived last friday. It still have this silence between the tracks, too. Also, just to take note, it didn't play one album I have in lossless wma. I've tested some mp3 and flac and seems ok. It seems that the MS PlayFX is better than the others pre-configured EQ. And I didn't feel much diference between 3D HeadPhone and Pure Bass. From what I can remember, those are the main points I've noticed.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #87 of 93
I'm hanving a problem. Today, on morning, I've connected it on an iMac to change some musics and when I disconnect, it don't turn on anymore. Before disconnect I've pressed the up button and I've got a message on the iMac saying that it was disconnected before eject.

I'm afraid it is damaged and hopping there is some way to reset it. Does anyone know if it's possible?

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #89 of 93
Thank you for the tip, Berkovajazz.
I've tried the FLACvest tutorial, on Win 8, but the pc don't even found the player.
I will look for some way to run a Win XP to try there too.

I've found two firmwares for x30se. But didn't work as well. I will try searching this video later.

Thank you!

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #90 of 93
Seems to me that you didn't disconnect the X30 from the iMAC properly and now the files system has been corrupted. I have that happened to me once, and it totally ruins my thumb drive. Very unlikely you will be able to recover it. Well, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back