Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Feb 24, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #556 of 648
Feb 24, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #557 of 648
I noticed V3 can be controlled remotely via bluetooth remote like this and also FIIO KB1/KB1K.

After reading your post I ordered a Bluetooth remote just like the one you linked (the generic one, not FiiO) and, sadly, I can't pair it with my TempoTec V3.
It just doesn't show under the list of available Bluetooth devices.

I can easily pair it with my phone, with my PC, but it's worth noting that it shows up as a some sort of an input device - the name 'Smart Remote' features a small keyboard icon.
I guess that's why V3 doesn't see it - TempoTec must've limited its Bluetooth capabilities to only search for audio input /output devices.

Feb 25, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #559 of 648
After reading your post I ordered a Bluetooth remote just like the one you linked (the generic one, not FiiO) and, sadly, I can't pair it with my TempoTec V3.
It just doesn't show under the list of available Bluetooth devices.

I can easily pair it with my phone, with my PC, but it's worth noting that it shows up as a some sort of an input device - the name 'Smart Remote' features a small keyboard icon.
I guess that's why V3 doesn't see it - TempoTec must've limited its Bluetooth capabilities to only search for audio input /output devices.

Mine can be paired with my V3 (FW V1.0) as 'BT003' and works fine. When paired with an Android DAP, the name 'BT003' features a small keyboard icon.

It seems not all Bluetooth remotes may work with the V3.

V3+BluetoothRemote.JPG

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #560 of 648
Thanks for the "pics or didn't happen" reply - I appreciate it.
(( :

Most likely those remotes aren't all the same and some have slightly different chips inside. The one I have cannot be discovered by my V3.
HiBy R2 II, also running HiBy OS, doesn't see it, too.

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #562 of 648
I would like to ask what charger are you guys using for the V3. Mine came in with a drained battery and I've been charging it using a powerbank, but the percentage seems to be not moving at 0%. I was wondering if using a wall charger would be better. Thank you.

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #563 of 648
I would like to ask what charger are you guys using for the V3. Mine came in with a drained battery and I've been charging it using a powerbank, but the percentage seems to be not moving at 0%. I was wondering if using a wall charger would be better. Thank you.
Hello, I've been charging it still using a standard 5V charger but the battery percentage is still 0%. If I try to disconnect it it'll say battery is exhausted and will turn off. Is this normal or should I contact CS now?

Attachments

• IMG_20240226_181516_433.jpg
    IMG_20240226_181516_433.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240226_182349_067.jpg
    IMG_20240226_182349_067.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240226_183123_273.jpg
    IMG_20240226_183123_273.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Feb 26, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #564 of 648
Hello, I've been charging it still using a standard 5V charger but the battery percentage is still 0%. If I try to disconnect it it'll say battery is exhausted and will turn off. Is this normal or should I contact CS now?
I'd say yes, you should contact them. Mine arrived a few days ago and it's battery was nearly full on arrival, and I've been able to charge it using either a USB power bank or a dedicated USB charger, with no issues whatsoever.

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #565 of 648
probably dead battery so yes you should ask for a replacement
unless they forgot to plug in the battery it won't suprise me with their QC

Feb 26, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #566 of 648
I'd say yes, you should contact them. Mine arrived a few days ago and it's battery was nearly full on arrival, and I've been able to charge it using either a USB power bank or a dedicated USB charger, with no issues whatsoever.

probably dead battery so yes you should ask for a replacement
unless they forgot to plug in the battery it won't suprise me with their QC
Thank you. I have now contacted both the shop where I ordered the V3 ( in Shopee) and Tempotec CS email. I hope they respond as soon as possible. It's quite a bummer as I liked the sound but got a QC issue. To think that I didn't order an Zishan Z4 and instead ordered the Tempotec V3 to avoid QC issue, and get an QC issue on my Tempotec V3 is quite the irony isn't it? Such is life.

Feb 26, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #567 of 648
Thank you. I have now contacted both the shop where I ordered the V3 ( in Shopee) and Tempotec CS email. I hope they respond as soon as possible. It's quite a bummer as I liked the sound but got a QC issue. To think that I didn't order an Zishan Z4 and instead ordered the Tempotec V3 to avoid QC issue, and get an QC issue on my Tempotec V3 is quite the irony isn't it? Such is life.
Shopee shop (@xltrade.ph) is declining my refund request and now I have to contest it 🥴. Such a hassle.

Heads up to people who use Shopee to practice caution buying from this seller as other units of the same batch might exhibit the same issue as mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240226-231203.jpg
    Screenshot_20240226-231203.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #568 of 648
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to connect the V3 to HibyLink via BT to my phone. I somehow managed via WiFi but not BT.

Can somebody help this idiot out please?

Thanks in advance

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #569 of 648
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to connect the V3 to HibyLink via BT to my phone. I somehow managed via WiFi but not BT.

Can somebody help this idiot out please?

Thanks in advance
The easiest way is to search "How do I connect my HiBy link?" in gxxgle. Although the links are not for V3, the method is more or less DAP independent. IMHO, most important of all is that you need to install the hiby app on your phone.

Mar 8, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #570 of 648
Just stumbled across the Tempotec V3 recently and I am seriously thinking about adding it to my shopping list. It's kind of like if the Shanling M1S and the hiby R3 II had a baby it would be the V3! I am looking at everything from the Hiby R3 II to the RS2, R5 gen2 and the M1S.

The V3 could replace the R3 II on my list if indeed it does sound better than the R3 II as many seem to think it does. Hopefully by Black Friday my go to date for my next DAP the V3 will get some more attention. I would love to find some comparisons between the M1S, R3 II and this V3 mostly for sound quality. There are a few comparing it to the R3 II but not the M1S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back