Test Monster Turbine Pro Headphones!
Jan 1, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #121 of 131
Jan 5, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #122 of 131
I finally got a hold of the Turbine Pros! Jeez, only took me all of December to nab them.

Have them in my ears right now, and they are warm (sound-wise), but manage not to cover up any detail. It's pretty interesting. But they are definitely on the warm side. Still listening to Ryan Adams' "Heartbreaker" album in MFSL.

I also took unboxing pics from the get-go, so I'll upload them later on tonight.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #124 of 131
I just posted my review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rev...ne-pros-465458

SoundMatters12, thank you so much for the chance to review these headphones. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it and hope it helps others in some small way to make a more informed purchase decision.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #125 of 131
What I'd like to know is if Monster has any intention of possibly running a ridiculously shameless promotion any time soon and selling the Pro for like $100, sort of like what Amazon did with the UE TF-10. It'd go a long way in introducing the masses to this wonderful (so I've heard) sonic work of art. Heres to hoping Monster considers my challenge.

Jan 9, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #126 of 131
The TripleFi 10 promotion was something that Amazon ran on their own. UE had no idea about it at all and didn't give any stock to amazon at a discount ( I know this as I went to the UE labs in Irvine, CA and talked to people there).

Unless a retailer as big as Amazon wants to do this, it won't happen from the manufacturer side.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #128 of 131
The Turbine Pros are better able to articulate bass and high frequencies than other monitors of this type that I have heard. The bass does not get in the way of the lower mids, so they maintain a speed to the sound without the smearing that can often ruin transparency. The bass goes deep and with a good source they give you the pace and excitement of the music.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #129 of 131
I have to agree, good stuff that lets you focus on the music. The detail across the spectrum is very good, with speed, detail, and naturalness that is unlike my BA IEMs. The Pros also reproduce the timbre of instruments incredibly well.

May 25, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #131 of 131
I would love to reivew the new monster turbine pros and give an Aussies point of view!
I could compare them to my jh16 pros and super.fi 5 eb and shure se530. I love high quality dynamic headphones espeacially ones which deliver the full sound spectrum from deep tight lows to clear highs which from what I can see the turbines would be great new addition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back