The Audio Lounge
Jan 31, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #13,291 of 36,216
@jerick70 Good for you. From the little review I saw here, they must be wonderful to get that kind of reaction. Gotta say, half price is pretty nice too. Wish I had the funds...
We will see how the Stealth 8s sound. I tried a pair of Stealth 5s a few years back and didn't like them, so I returned them. The 8s get better reviews....

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #13,292 of 36,216
IMR Zenith has arrived today. Just a couple dozen minutes listening time so far but:
- built quality is much better than the original R1
- cable connector sits just fine on the earshell, no forcing needed, no space between the shell and the connector when plugged
- cable looks identical to the orinal’s one, but there stops the comparison. Much more supple and orgonomical
- filter chart is included; I do not remember it was the case earlier
- listening with the blue (most neutral) filter in balanced mode and open ports: typical Bob’s organic bass, which I really missed since parting with the R1 (and I have been listening to Campfire Atlas all week long)
- pretty large soundstage, not very deep (not an issue as far as I am concerned)
- pretty good detail retrieval
- highs may be a bit agressive (though not piercing); may settle down after burn in
- definitely worth its price tag already; at preorder price it was a bargain not to miss in my opinion.
More details this week or the next after much more time with them.

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #13,293 of 36,216
IMR Zenith has arrived today. Just a couple dozen minutes listening time so far but:
- cable connector sits just fine on the earshell, no forcing needed, no space between the shell and the connector when plugged
- cable looks identical to the orinal’s one, but there stops the comparison. Much more supple and orgonomical
- listening with the blue (most neutral) filter in balanced mode and open ports: typical Bob’s organic bass, which I really missed since parting with the R1 (and I have been listening to Campfire Atlas all week long)
- pretty large soundstage, not very deep (not an issue as far as I am concerned)
- highs may be a bit agressive (though not piercing); may settle down after burn in
- definitely worth its price tag already; at preorder price it was a bargain not to miss in my opinion.

Glad to hear you're enjoying them. I'm hoping someone will eventually be able to compare the IMR Zenith to the BGVP DM6

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #13,296 of 36,216
Great thoughts. These are interesting IEMs. Do you think the bass is better than the Atlas?

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #13,297 of 36,216
Oh yeah, me too. I just want to hear the comparison for a friend.... :innocent:
We’ve got the same kind of friends apparently :wink:

Great thoughts. These are interesting IEMs. Do you think the bass is better than the Atlas?
It is way too early to make a judgement yet. But I do know the R1’s bass tuning was absolutely special, something I had never experienced in an IEM before. Or after.

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #13,299 of 36,216
It is way too early to make a judgement yet. But I do know the R1’s bass tuning was absolutely special, something I had never experienced in an IEM before. Or after.

This is exactly why my friend and I await a direct comparison between the DM6 and the Zenith, because the bass of the DM6 is truly special and I am enjoying it quite alot. More so than the R1 even.

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #13,300 of 36,216
I have only had a few hours with the zenith using the black filter they ship with. I like them but forgot to bring them to work

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #13,301 of 36,216
My contribution to Word of the Week (Step)

Loved them since their first album.

The Duhks are a folk fusion band, formed in 2002 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Featuring banjo, fiddle, guitar, percussion, and vocals, The Duhks blend folk music together with various Canadian and American traditional styles, including soul, gospel, old-time country string, and zydeco. The band also commonly plays traditional Irish dance music, integrating Latin-influenced percussion as well as often Celtic- and Cajun-influenced fiddle-playing.

Just One Step Away.

Feb 2, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #13,303 of 36,216
Wanted to share my new toy, Shanling M5S. I am liking the signature so far, warm but great details and staging. Great pairing with the CA Lyra v1.
upload_2019-2-2_14-58-53.png

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #13,305 of 36,216
I have not heard the Dx150 or 200. I had the DX80 back when. The M5s is really a nice piece. No android, just pure music. Can't say how it works out against the others. It has a warm-ish sound to me, which I really like. I'd almost say it is above the X5iii I have but still a little early to make any big calls like that...I will relate more over the next week or so once I get a good feeling about what I'm hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back