The Audio Lounge
Jan 30, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #13,276 of 36,216
Excellent price. I would rather have the dark cherry wood though. I may pick them up.....

****Update... This is for a single speaker so a no go for me.
Didn’t realise it was for just one, didn’t read all of it. You gotta wonder what happened to the other one though, I mean, how do you loose a speaker of that quality lol
Left it on the bus, the train or lent them to a friend and got one back not realising there was one missing :joy:
@jerick70 the cherry ones look nice, if I was over in the states I’d have that single one, come in real handy for my son in the studio.

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #13,277 of 36,216
Didn’t realise it was for just one, didn’t read all of it. You gotta wonder what happened to the other one though, I mean, how do you loose a speaker of that quality lol
Left it on the bus, the train or lent them to a friend and got one back not realising there was one missing :joy:
@jerick70 the cherry ones look nice, if I was over in the states I’d have that single one, come in real handy for my son in the studio.
It may have been in an incident involving some living room basketball. Career-ending injury so only one speaker could be sold off.

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #13,278 of 36,216
No worries mate. I thought the same thing. I mean who the he-double-hockey-sticks sells only one speaker when two are required!!!!!!?????? I had my wallet out ready to buy when I read "1 Speaker"....You can bi-amp these but nah.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #13,279 of 36,216
I’ve had a listen to these in “The HiFi Hanger” it’s a used/vintage audio shop here in the UK. Sat in one of the listening rooms and was a bit shocked at just how well they filled the room with sound. For a small speaker they certainly are deceivingly good.
This is where I bought my amps from, the fella is passionate about audio or should I say fanatical lol
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/132815450454

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #13,280 of 36,216
I’ve had a listen to these in “The HiFi Hanger” it’s a used/vintage audio shop here in the UK. Sat in one of the listening rooms and was a bit shocked at just how well they filled the room with sound. For a small speaker they certainly are deceivingly good.
This is where I bought my amps from, the fella is passionate about audio or should I say fanatical lol
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/132815450454
Nice looking speakers. I'm afraid to find out the shipping cost. :astonished:

Have you listened to the Spendor S3/5R? I can get them on this side of the pond for a decent price.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #13,281 of 36,216
Nice looking speakers. I'm afraid to find out the shipping cost. :astonished:

Have you listened to the Spendor S3/5R? I can get them on this side of the pond for a decent price.
They’ll fit in your suitcase on your way back from the beach meet and Canjam :L3000:
Not heard those yet, but would imagine if they’re anything like the LS3, then they could certainly be worth a look.
They would have originated from the same school as the Harbeth’s and share the same sound signature. BBC heritage spread across several speaker manufacturers back in the day and all produced some fantastic products.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #13,283 of 36,216
@jerick70
Wow, thanks for the link. Those look wonderful. Not sure about the active part. I have been looking mostly at passive speaker. I guess I could use it or bypass? I'll dig into the specs and some reviews to see what is said about it. Great savings though...the floor model looks nice, just can't fit something that size in my smallish hobbit house

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #13,284 of 36,216
@jerick70
Wow, thanks for the link. Those look wonderful. Not sure about the active part. I have been looking mostly at passive speaker. I guess I could use it or bypass? I'll dig into the specs and some reviews to see what is said about it. Great savings though...the floor model looks nice, just can't fit something that size in my smallish hobbit house
8" Woofer, ribbon tweeter, down to 30 Hz, 400 Watts A/B bi-amped, crazy plankton according to reviews. I'm just not sure about musicality....

If you are going to get them, you better jump on these quick, they will be gone in no time at that price.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #13,287 of 36,216
I was just reading about the B1s when @grs8 posted. I cannot afford the Stealth 8s. Just cannot swing nearly 1k for speakers right now. The B1s seem much more reasonable. Boy, I gotta do some listening to bunch to make some evaluations...

Kinda put some of the speaker stuff on hold as I explore the new M5S. Wow, damn nice player. Got a 400G card with about 12,000 songs loaded. Getting used the UI. Wonderful sounds OOTB.
I'll post some more impressions and pictures later...

Thanks for the speaker suggestions everyone. If you see or know some other cool stuff, definitely send it along.

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #13,289 of 36,216
I was just reading about the B1s when @grs8 posted. I cannot afford the Stealth 8s. Just cannot swing nearly 1k for speakers right now. The B1s seem much more reasonable. Boy, I gotta do some listening to bunch to make some evaluations...

Kinda put some of the speaker stuff on hold as I explore the new M5S. Wow, damn nice player. Got a 400G card with about 12,000 songs loaded. Getting used the UI. Wonderful sounds OOTB.
I'll post some more impressions and pictures later...

Thanks for the speaker suggestions everyone. If you see or know some other cool stuff, definitely send it along.
I ended up purchasing a pair of Stealth 8s. These things are beasts. I'll let everyone know how they sound......

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #13,290 of 36,216
@jerick70 Good for you. From the little review I saw here, they must be wonderful to get that kind of reaction. Gotta say, half price is pretty nice too. Wish I had the funds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back