The Audio Lounge
Jan 28, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #35,297 of 36,174
1706482953016.png

Jan 28, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #35,298 of 36,174
:older_man: this old majo is wondering if one of you old timers in tne states who still remember a majo may be able to help him out ? ...
Not a biggy but would be greatly appreciated...
As only here for a fleeting visit :relaxed:
Well, hello my old friend. How are you? If there is something we can do you for you, please ask? If it's within my power, I would grant it.

Jan 28, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #35,299 of 36,174
Well, hello my old friend. How are you? If there is something we can do you for you, please ask? If it's within my power, I would grant it.

Well thank you and genuinely I thought you of all people may offer...
Me well health isn't great, chrohns disease beating me up a little, immune surpresents in hospital every 8 weeks now...but hey it could be worse my friend ...
Anyway I was wondering if someone could help me out with a little grado problem, and I'm going to call them out a little here...
Basically my gimbal on my ps500e is broken, now I can buy some shipibo metal gimbals and rod blocks but because the ps500e are sort of getting a bit vintageish and collectable I would rather replace with the original style plastic gimbal how ever fragile...
Noe grado sell them for pennys .. about £4 each ..
But they will not ship to the UK and grado UK does not sell them ! So here's where firstly I call them out (and not for the first time) ....HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY SELLING EXPENSIVE HEADPHONES IN THE UK WITH FLIMSY PARTS THAT CAN POTENTIALLY BREAK , BUT NOT SELL THE REPLACEMENT PART IN THE UK OR SELL THEM AND NOT SHIP TO THE UK! ... DISGUSTING..
THESE HEADPHONES CAN COST HUNDREDS OF POUNDS TO NOT POTENTIALLY BE ABLE TO USE THEM AGAIN FOR THE COST OF A £4 PART THAT YOU SELL! ..
RANT OVER..
Breath and back to it

So I was wondering if anyone could help me by me shipping them to themselves and them resending to me, they do not need to pay for anything and I would pay for them by PayPal and ship to there own address, then make a PayPal payment for postage ...so in short you would just be sticking my address on and reposting...
If anyone can help me it would save my ps,500 e

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #35,300 of 36,174
Well thank you and genuinely I thought you of all people may offer...
Me well health isn't great, chrohns disease beating me up a little, immune surpresents in hospital every 8 weeks now...but hey it could be worse my friend ...
Anyway I was wondering if someone could help me out with a little grado problem, and I'm going to call them out a little here...
Basically my gimbal on my ps500e is broken, now I can buy some shipibo metal gimbals and rod blocks but because the ps500e are sort of getting a bit vintageish and collectable I would rather replace with the original style plastic gimbal how ever fragile...
Noe grado sell them for pennys .. about £4 each ..
But they will not ship to the UK and grado UK does not sell them ! So here's where firstly I call them out (and not for the first time) ....HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY SELLING EXPENSIVE HEADPHONES IN THE UK WITH FLIMSY PARTS THAT CAN POTENTIALLY BREAK , BUT NOT SELL THE REPLACEMENT PART IN THE UK OR SELL THEM AND NOT SHIP TO THE UK! ... DISGUSTING..
THESE HEADPHONES CAN COST HUNDREDS OF POUNDS TO NOT POTENTIALLY BE ABLE TO USE THEM AGAIN FOR THE COST OF A £4 PART THAT YOU SELL! ..
RANT OVER..
Breath and back to it

So I was wondering if anyone could help me by me shipping them to themselves and them resending to me, they do not need to pay for anything and I would pay for them by PayPal and ship to there own address, then make a PayPal payment for postage ...so in short you would just be sticking my address on and reposting...
If anyone can help me it would save my ps,500 e
I'm in too Maj, send me a pm with the exact Grado part #/#'s and I'll fix you up if Rich does not already have your back :wink: Since we are skirting the Orange Menace thought this apropos:grin:

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #35,301 of 36,174
I'm in too Maj, send me a pm with the exact Grado part #/#'s and I'll fix you up if Rich does not already have your back :wink: Since we are skirting the Orange Menace thought this apropos:grin:

Cheers pod...I got no problem ordering or paying for it ...it's just address...
I can pay PayPal and have it delivered anywhere in America as long as I know the shipping address but they just don't ship to the UK... just need someone to forward it on my friend and obviously il pay for postage through PayPal too to whomever..

Really silly cos the gimbals are only £4 each..
But cheers pod...and if he doesn't I may give you a shout..

But I'm still deciding on whether just to pay for the aluminium shepibo all though there not shepibo anymore...

I'm still debating,??? Keep it totally original,? Or upgrade to better gimbal??

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #35,302 of 36,174
Jan 29, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #35,303 of 36,174
@majo123 sorry it took so long to reply, been a tough day. I just PMd you...

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #35,304 of 36,174
The package with my Penon Quattro was in the mailbox this morning, so I was able to listen some at work today - connected as:
Win10 PC -> Cayin RU6 R-2R DAC (NOS) [4.4mm TRRRS] -> [2x XLR] S.M.S.L. sAp-9 Amp [2.5mm TRRS] -> Penon Quattro
Even in a moderately noisy work environment, I really do like how the Quattro sounds, while listening to YouTube videos.

Edit: Noticed this morning that the blue-ring filter for the left earphones is missing.
DSC-240130_110653.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #35,305 of 36,174
To gimbal or not to gimbal

Jan 30, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #35,306 of 36,174
Rich is trying to help me with original at the moment...
But I made a decision ...
I'm going to do both ...
Keep all original parts but upgrade to the aluminium as well , that way if in the future which is highly unlikely I decided to sell there still 100% original if required ..
But highly unlikely , and I have other grado here so it's good to keep spare gimbals

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #35,308 of 36,174
To gimbal or not to gimbal
Or better yet double Gimbling :grin: Great job Helping a Brother out Rich:beerchug: Congrats Maj:v:

Seems like a great day:wink:

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #35,309 of 36,174
I just want to say thanks to everyone for trying to help me ...stil a great bunch of guys...
I'm sorry I'm not about really anymore due to changes in life situations , plus I'm also pretty happy with the gear I have and all this had dictated ..
But I will always pop in once in awhile to say hi..
If I can possibly help any of you in a similar circumstance feel free to ask , I'm only a message away...
Plus I still talk to @mbwilson111 every week, and in contact with @grs8 ..so you can always find me. .
Cheers guys..
Oh and I forgot KEV ...how could I forget him! Stil around ...:beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back