The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
May 1, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #633 of 830
Everyone's probably moving on from Yatono, but I got my 4 wire listed.

Not for lack of quality by any means. I've scoffed at Brise as recent as the past 2 years over shielding making a difference in portafi.

Some of my profound experiences in shielded cables (and Musicteck) led me to try this unicorn.

Incredible cable on a technical and musical level that goes even further than the Eletech Soc8 (which made room for this).

I loathe to let it go since I love it with the A18s, but the ergonomics are just atrocious even with at home listening. The memory wire won't sit on my ears no matter how I've tried to shape them and I have to pull up the y split because any slight movement causes the wire to fly off my ear. Acceptable for on the go, but shouldn't have be a necessity at home.Then there's the issue of ear fatigue when the y split is pulled up.

May 1, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #634 of 830
I put in an order for MIKUMARI Ref.2 headphone cable. 3 month wait ⏳ Anyone got any experience/impressions?
I’ve tried the IEM version, let’s just say it’s the best technically proficient cable I’ve tried thus far, putting the ergonomics aside.

May 1, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #635 of 830
Looks like their next cable is supposed to address those ergonomics concerns :wink:

DSCF3367_480x480.jpg

Source: https://briseaudio.com/blogs/news/20230427

May 1, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #636 of 830
Looks like their next cable is supposed to address those ergonomics concerns :wink:

DSCF3367_480x480.jpg

Hopefully. My major issue with the IEM cables is the titanium memory wire they use. It's stable and strong, but I find it incredibly cumbersome to use and wish they'd have the choice of a different method or no memory wire at all. I find I basically have to put the splitter literally on my chin for it stay hooked around my ear...

May 1, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #637 of 830
Hopefully. My major issue with the IEM cables is the titanium memory wire they use. It's stable and strong, but I find it incredibly cumbersome to use and wish they'd have the choice of a different method or no memory wire at all. I find I basically have to put the splitter literally on my chin for it stay hooked around my ear...
It seems like if they offered options for ear hooks, they could find broader appeal. Not sure if they could do that given the bespoke nature and build queue they have…

May 1, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #638 of 830

DSCF3367_480x480.jpg

Fingers crossed, had to Google Translate and it just mentions more ergonomic, but still looks like those earhooks are there.
Literally my second concern behind the benefits of shielding. Am in the exact same situation with my Yatono.

May 1, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #639 of 830
Fingers crossed, had to Google Translate and it just mentions more ergonomic, but still looks like those earhooks are there.

Literally my second concern behind the benefits of shielding. Am in the exact same situation with my Yatono.
Yes the shielding and the black background is what makes their cables so extraordinary. But it comes with ergonomic drawbacks...

May 1, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #640 of 830
Yes the shielding and the black background is what makes their cables so extraordinary. But it comes with ergonomic drawbacks...
I haven’t tried the 8wire version of the Yatono ultimate but my 4wire is very reasonable when it comes to ergonomics.

I’ve been tempted to go the 8w route but the ergonomics would drive me crazy I think.

May 2, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #641 of 830
I haven’t tried the 8wire version of the Yatono ultimate but my 4wire is very reasonable when it comes to ergonomics.

I’ve been tempted to go the 8w route but the ergonomics would drive me crazy I think.
Trust me, it will. It is so bad that I am willing to give up the improved SQ and "compromised" for the 4w instead.

The 8w is smoother, blacker, has a grander stage with better bass definition. Fantastic in terms of SQ and a noticeable step-up from the 4w version in soundstage, but it comes with a huge caveat - one that I am unable to disregard. In any case, the 4w is still excellent and could be seen as the more balanced cable due to having less bass, just that the 8w is slightly, but noticeably (in terms of technicalities), better.

The 8w doesn't have it all, tho - it is so smooth to the point that it will have poor synergy with some IEMs (i.e. Xe6, Rn6), whereas the 4w is more versatile in terms of "tonality".

Edit: I think the 8w is fantastic for Phonix LE tho. I only passed it up because I liked the way gold alloys colour female vocals....so, tough call for you!

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #642 of 830

I'm just envious you don't have any issues with it 🤣

May 2, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #643 of 830
Trust me, it will. It is so bad that I am willing to give up the improved SQ and "compromised" for the 4w instead.

The 8w is smoother, blacker, has a grander stage with better bass definition. Fantastic in terms of SQ and a noticeable step-up from the 4w version in soundstage, but it comes with a huge caveat - one that I am unable to disregard. In any case, the 4w is still excellent and could be seen as the more balanced cable due to having less bass, just that the 8w is slightly, but noticeably (in terms of technicalities), better.

The 8w doesn't have it all, tho - it is so smooth to the point that it will have poor synergy with some IEMs (i.e. Xe6, Rn6), whereas the 4w is more versatile in terms of "tonality".

Edit: I think the 8w is fantastic for Phonix LE tho. I only passed it up because I liked the way gold alloys colour female vocals....so, tough call for you!
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the feedback. I really do enjoy the 4w on my phonix le over the stock cable however I do miss some of the texture that the stock cable brings out.

I’m sure the 8w brings out the best sound but I don’t think I’m willing to take the ergo hit.

May 16, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #645 of 830
I don't have any issues with the earhooks I still don't understand :frowning2: can anyone take a picture that has issues with the earhooks while it's on their ear ?
It was bad enough for me that I sold it 😅 No amount of SQ will trump comfort for me.

I did have Musicteck ask Brise whether they could make one without the wire and the response was:

"It is possible without wires, but the ears will be hard due to the sound quality processing.
There is no problem if the wire is bent and used without being hooked to the ear."

I assume Google Translate had a filter on and translated "Git better ears pleb www" to that 😅

My guess wire is what gives them the flexibility on the ear hooks and without them they have to make it stiffer for whatever reason which sucks for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back