THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Oct 11, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #706 of 3,271
Been keeping an eye on this thread. Looks like a neat product! My bad, just noticed someone already posted the goldensound video a few pages back. Are there any frequency response charts available yet?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #707 of 3,271
Been keeping an eye on this thread. Looks like a neat product! My bad, just noticed someone already posted the goldensound video a few pages back. Are there any frequency response charts available yet?
he said that the vocal is intimate, so it's close, which means that the composer headphones don't have a big soundstage, and it's almost in your head.

Oct 11, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #708 of 3,271
he said that the vocal is intimate, so it's close, which means that the composer headphones don't have a big soundstage, and it's almost in your head.

No one has ever said that he has them

I, however, have said that the soundstage is much larger than that of the utopia / nutopia 😎
(Also it has much more energy in the low end as the frenchman)

Anyone who is looking for a model where the construction is well thought out, which is very very easy to drive will not pass by the technical as well as tonal performance of the Composer.
Especially not for the announced price 😉 The Composer is the real deal for this price 👍
(You will hear it and find it out at the latest by direct comparison)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #709 of 3,271

I, however, have said that the soundstage is much larger than that of the utopia / nutopia 😎

Anyone who is looking for a model where the construction is well thought out, which is very very easy to drive will not pass by the technical as well as tonal performance of the Composer.
Especially not for the announced price 😉 The Composer is the real deal for this price 👍

NOMAX

PS.lol
Is the sub and mid bass louder than Nutopia?

Oct 12, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #712 of 3,271

NOMAX

PS.lol
NOMAX, thanks for all the updates of The Composer.
Right now my best AKG is the K872, I removed the foam rings.
As for open-back I use the K240DF Diffused Field and K702 65th anniversary.
I considering buying a new TOTL open-back, could you give me a comparison of those I mentioned above with The Composer?

Thanks

Oct 12, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #713 of 3,271
Everyone can make himself a picture about it if he listens to this model with his outstanding qualities, I have said everything about it 👍

NOMAX

PS.To all.....have fun with it 👍

Lol

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #715 of 3,271
Not that I would know 😎

NOMAX

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #716 of 3,271
NOMAX - Do you have a belief that a singular designed dynamic driver is the 'best' or do you believe there are different approaches for different goals? So many people ask if something is the best driver, but I think that it is not absolute (IMO) - The Utopia driver is impressive, yes, but so is the ring radiator from Sennheiser and even the dual-gap biodynamic driver that Audioquest created. Peak Sony drivers were very impressive also.

Oct 13, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #717 of 3,271
There are many different good approaches,Focal recognized that for a headphone transducer that a higher excursion is required 👍
AA also goes roughly the way with their Hi-X technologie but with an even larger driver and also with other materials
Ultimately, it's about what really reaches our ears
One thing hasn't changed to this day for me
The first priority is still the tonality, followed by the technical performance of the transducer
(And is it because the transducer of the Composer is larger and can therefore apply more pressure/more low end/move more air as AA X65 or K812?)
What i belief? I think it seems even more important how this good different approches (dynamic/planar/electrostatic) that we have today are tuned
And there are very, very many options,provided the transducer is technically very good and is also suitable for this

❗️The mix is what makes the difference between the two...tonals as well as the technical performance have to do a good job❗

The best? You can only find the best for yourself by listening and comparing side by side
(and never out of memory, because our acoustic memory is very short)

NOMAX

PS.I hope I found the right words for it ......nice weekend to all 👍

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #719 of 3,271
"Reference Level at Budget Price"? C'mon Mike!
"Correctly priced?" Sure, OK.
"Budget priced"!?! Sorry, but that's a big "Oh, Hell No!" from me! :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #720 of 3,271

Users who are viewing this thread

Back