THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Feb 3, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #2,042 of 3,238
I also enjoy hearing Nomax’s opinions. Do I agree with all of them? No. But I definitely don’t want him to stop posting. I really want to demo this Composer soon.

That's ultimately what a forum is all about... opinions, exchange, and gathering experiences from others
And everyone is invited to take part here 👍...as long as they have listened to the composer or are at home

NOMAX

PS.Good Night 😇

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #2,043 of 3,238
There was not only this edition of the Composer in the tests, but an even brighter one 😝
Too much brightness has nothing to do with a realistic performance; yes, it can be impressive, but it can also be stressful and have a negative effect on the listener
In any case, I'm glad that the version we have now is this one that is not so bright and doesn't remind me of that time
And for those if the composer still seems too bright as it is now... who knows what else AA will surprise us with😉
You can not only intervene with the DSP but also technically..... with a different ear pad 😎

NOMAX
Do you like the Composer best on your DAP, or do you prefer it on a desktop amp with more headroom? Do you find the headphone changes?

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #2,044 of 3,238
Everyone has to decide for themselves, every ear reacts and feels differently......When I listen to a K812 or HD800 these days 🙈
Then to the Utopia OG and the Composer in comparison.....my ears then tell me,they had their time
I'm happy for everyone who is still happy with the K812 or HD800👍
(personally I'm not anymore)

NOMAX

Ps.lol
I feel the ground shifting again ...

I don't doubt everyone has preferences - that was my point actually. I'm responding to a recurring suggestion that a wide range of well-regarded phones are simply the product of an outdated fashion. I think that's wrong. And I don't understand why anyone might consider it relevant in discussion of the Composer (other than in a commercial sense). Of course, it's possible phones like the HD800S will appeal to fewer and fewer listeners over time. It's also possible that won't happen. But why speculate about this when talking about the Composer?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #2,045 of 3,238
Can it really be that the preference is that a part is missing from what is on the recording?that you want not hear all?😉
AA has achieved something with the composer that no one has ever achieved before in a certain area of the tonal performance..not Focal...not Sennheiser in the past
(Not to this extent and to and in this quality...as I said, you'll hear it straight away from the first second👍)

That alone is enough and justifies the extra charge over the HD800S🤣 1799 Euros vs 2500 Euros 😉

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #2,046 of 3,238
Do you like the Composer best on your DAP, or do you prefer it on a desktop amp with more headroom? Do you find the headphone changes?

Make up your own mind, personally I wouldn't invest huge amounts of money in an amplifier to drive the composer😉

NOMAX

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #2,047 of 3,238
Make up your own mind, personally I wouldn't invest huge amounts of money in an amplifier to drive the composer😉

NOMAX
haha... I don't have a Composer. I was just curious of your experience.

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #2,048 of 3,238
haha... I don't have a Composer. I was just curious of your experience.

A Dap is completely sufficient 😉
(He reacts more to the Dac than to more headroom)

NOMAX

PS.I love talking to you, but I also need my sleep now😇

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #2,049 of 3,238
Can it really be that the preference is that a part is missing from what is on the recording?that you want not hear all?😉
AA has achieved something with the composer that no one has ever achieved before in a certain area of the tonal performance..not Focal...not Sennheiser in the past
(Not to this extent and to and in this quality...as I said, you'll hear it straight away from the first second👍)

That alone is enough and justifies the extra charge over the HD800S🤣 1799 Euros vs 2500 Euros 😉

NOMAX

PS.lol
Strong stuff! I don't think there's anything I can usefully add.

Feb 4, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #2,050 of 3,238
The AKG K812 responds very well to Oratory1990's EQ. IMHO, my 2nd favourite headphone after the Mysphere 3.2, eq'ed with its respective Oratory1990 EQ. IMHO, both sound better than a non-EQ'ed Foal Utopia OG.

Feb 4, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #2,051 of 3,238
In the end, it's all about which model you like best with your ears without EQ 😉
(but that's just my personal opinion)

NOMAX

PS.Do you remember when the LCD5 was released for 5.500 Euros?🙈
Afterwards it was said that it would only be very good with EQ😅
❗️As I said, just my personal view❗

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #2,053 of 3,238
Nomax was shilling Composer months perhaps even a year before the release date (e.g., dropping hints of a secret project at AA that beats Utopia). He is obviously affiliated with AA to some degree (financial or otherwise). That doesn't take away the possibility that Composer could be good cans. You just have to believe that people who are interested in $2k+ cans are serious about this hobby and have enough experience to know what they like and not be easily impressed by ear candies. One thing is for certain, Composer's sound profile is controversial with people feeling strongly on both ends, which means you can trust no one except for yourself.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #2,055 of 3,238
Same thing for the people who write reviews and can afford nice stuff. Just ignore it! Not that hard.... And by your signature it looks like you can afford plenty. What makes you think that a self appointed reviewer does it for the arrogance of it all? That is awfully presumptuous and I take offense to that. I review quite regularly, never get paid, use no measurement tools and try to write what I hear. I do my own editing, photos, and I do it from my heart. I expect nothing in return, and hope that I can give back in a small way to this community. If I can help one person make an informed decision because they lock onto my way of thinking, or they read something that makes sense to them and will help them to better connect their purchase to their chain and senses then it is a worthwhile endeavor.

Why you don't read @oratory1990 too?
https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/
https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory199...quency_response_measurements_of_the_austrian/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back