The Devil is in the Details: JVC's New IEM Shirt Clip
Feb 12, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #16 of 28
  Courtesy of a fellow head-fier, I recently got my hands on a set of the new (2nd-gen) JVC HA-FX67 Aircushions. Like the old HA-FX66, the earphones themselves are nothing special in any area except comfort. However, one thing JVC added to the package is a shirt clip... and what a shirt clip it is. Unlike the usual generic shirt clip, the new JVC clip features a second, smaller clip on the back that clips neatly to your cable. Now, it may seem weird that I'm more excited about a new clip design than a new set of earphones but so far my success ratio in terms of attaching a clip onto an IEM cord vs. breaking it has been about 30%. I've broken dozens of these things just trying to get the cord in or out, and a couple just sliding them up and down a cable. So IEM manufacturers: please take a page out of the JVC playbook and source these wonderful finger-friendly pieces of plastic from whoever makes them. 

It's so simple and yet so satisfying...

Makeshift button on the side of the clip opens the smaller clip far enough for a thick IEM cord.

Given the chance I would buy these in bulk. 

Hi |joker|! Old thread, but good shirt clip lol. Have you ever found them sold separately? I have one of them, and I like it so much that I move it around from iem to iem. I would very much like to find more of them!

Thanks

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #17 of 28

Hi |joker|! Old thread, but good shirt clip lol. Have you ever found them sold separately? I have one of them, and I like it so much that I move it around from iem to iem. I would very much like to find more of them!

Thanks

I actually never, ever saw one of these again. Always thought that was kind of strange...

Feb 13, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #18 of 28
Still include with many of the newer phones, FXT's, FX40, FXH's, it seems to be something they have made exclusively for them. Cases and little plastic doodads like these clips most times are unique to them and aren't seen with other phones or for sale somewhere else.

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #20 of 28

Thanks

Here it didn't look good...http://www.store.jvc.com/product.asp?Model=J35336-001 but it changed from discontinued to backordered, hmmm.

Here is maybe another a possibility...https://www.ued.net/ued/viewItemAction.do?itemCode=JVCJ35336-001

No promises :) and you're welcome.

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #21 of 28

Here it didn't look good...http://www.store.jvc.com/product.asp?Model=J35336-001 but it changed from discontinued to backordered, hmmm.

Here is maybe another a possibility...https://www.ued.net/ued/viewItemAction.do?itemCode=JVCJ35336-001

No promises :) and you're welcome.

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #22 of 28
Kicking up an old thread again, anyone ever able to find a source for these in bulk? or at least a cheap current JVC model to buy with them included?

Lost my clip last night and really missing it. Don't seem to find anything comparable

Mar 20, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #23 of 28
Kicking up an old thread again, anyone ever able to find a source for these in bulk? or at least a cheap current JVC model to buy with them included?

Lost my clip last night and really missing it. Don't seem to find anything comparable

I'm still looking as well. Anyone?

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #24 of 28
Buy a cheap JVC that comes with it and resell. Any respectable Head-fier should have a few generic clips to swap out with :) Think perhaps some decent JVC you might even want to keep will come with it. Check out FXH series.

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #25 of 28
Buy a cheap JVC that comes with it and resell. Any respectable Head-fier should have a few generic clips to swap out with :) Think perhaps some decent JVC you might even want to keep will come with it. Check out FXH series.

Interesting idea... especially considering I found these ones that I might actually really like! No, seriously! (no, NOT seriously lol).
But I am not sure if they will include the shirt clip since they have the nice pink ear clips:

upload_2018-3-20_10-30-38.jpeg

Mar 20, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #26 of 28
No, no. Has to come with the clip :) By cheap I mean came down in price more than a cheap model since it won't come with the clip and will be pretty bad to boot. FXH20 not ECX20 and easily worth the $15 more over the ECX and..
71%2BtqZJf-cL._SL1500_.jpg

as you can see comes with the clip. Since it did cost $15 for just the damn clip $10 more for a solid and tiny earphone with useful tips as well isn't horrible if you want the clip enough.

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #27 of 28
No, no. Has to come with the clip :) By cheap I mean came down in price more than a cheap model since it won't come with the clip and will be pretty bad to boot. FXH20 not ECX20 and easily worth the $15 more over the ECX and..

as you can see comes with the clip. Since it did cost $15 for just the damn clip $10 more for a solid and tiny earphone with useful tips as well isn't horrible if you want the clip enough.

I want a bag of those clips. I guess I'll be buying 10 x FHX20's! :wink:

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #28 of 28
Rare, Japan only and sound good enough. You can sell 'em all off minus the clips for $25 a pop :) Even make a few bucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back