The discovery thread!
Sep 13, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #37,787 of 104,600
I would of thought the Comet and the Oriolus (got the comet, not the rest) would be different being just a ba and not a hybrid like the Finschi.

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #37,788 of 104,600
torn between Campfire Comet Oriolus Finschi and Magaosi MGS 401, someone who has those? :ksc75smile:

I have both the Campfires and the Oriolus. They are two birds of different feathers. The Finschi play above their price, with great authoritative bass and nicely balanced highs with nice detail.
The campfires sound great for a single BA and have great extension at both ends plus solid bass. Still they cannot match the bass texture of the Finschi or the sub-bass rumble. Finschi have a bit more sparkle at the top end as well, but the campfires aren't that far behind.

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #37,789 of 104,600
I have both the Campfires and the Oriolus. They are two birds of different feathers. The Finschi play above their price, with great authoritative bass and nicely balanced highs with nice detail.
The campfires sound great for a single BA and have great extension at both ends plus solid bass. Still they cannot match the bass texture of the Finschi or the sub-bass rumble. Finschi have a bit more sparkle at the top end as well, but the campfires aren't that far behind.

Thank you for the comparison :)

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #37,790 of 104,600

You've really piqued my interest in the Finschi. Can you say a little more about the sound signature? How resolving are they?

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #37,791 of 104,600
Some information about the new Ostry KC07. From Penonaudio.

OSTRY-KC07-700x700.jpg

OSTRY KC07 BA & Dynamic Driver Hybrid MMCX HiFi Audiophile In-ear Earphone IEMs

Description

Incredible industrial design

The KC07 adopts a more scientific and effective split sound chamber design. The front chamber sound is cut with stainless steel with better acoustic characteristics, and the sound chamber is made of special alloy. It is also integrated with multi-process CNC cutting.

The ear canal data is measured multiple times, bringing a special air arc curve cavity to enhance comfort.

Deep and transparent, faint light transmission, a large number of arc curves, bringing a warm and harmonious overall sense

KC07 is made of two different processes: precision titanium surface and anodized metal blasting.

The front of the earphone is made of an opal-like patch with the same color as the earphone. The left and right ears are respectively printed with beyond, fantasy, which is convenient to differ left and right.

In terms of wire, the litz line, which is a combination of 8-core single crystal copper and silver- plated oxygen-free copper, provides a discernible and significant improvement.

In terms of configuration, KC07 adopts dual-driver BA and Dynamic driver hybrid design, the BA part adopts customized imported Knowles driver, and the dynamic diver part uses self-developed, using the patented “molecular bionic” diaphragm dynamic driver.

Hi-end grade tuning technology and level, the use of "three-chamber steady-state tuning", making the dynamic sound more natural, in order to achieve a better state of the driver.

Thanks to the powerful dynamic strength, we no longer use the dynamic driver as the low-frequency driver,, but make the dynamic driver sound all the way. the middle and high-frequency are make-up by the custom BA, the BA adopts the ductless design, in the sound outlet. Place it in reverse.

KC09 adopts the tuning we think is healthier. Under the condition of maintaining overall transparency, the tri-band energy is relatively balanced, and the vocal part does not deliberately reveal the so-called resolution. But has the right thickness of human voice, which is graceful and smooth. Has a charming but do not belong can be dyed tone,. The low frequency part is moderate, but the cohesion is not reduced. The listening is fluffy and natural, the high frequency and high frequency extension are excellent, and the instrumental sound is outstanding. KC07 has achieved a rare and accurate restoration, natural comfort and a strong overall sense.

Specification

Drive unit: 10mm CCAM combination imported BA driver

Diaphragm: EBT

Sensitivity: >101db

Rated impedance: 24 ohm

Frequency response: 20hz-20khz

Distortion: <1%

Channel difference: <1.5db

Rated power: 10mv

Cable: 1.2m MMCX

Plug: 3.5mm

Package

KC07

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #37,792 of 104,600
b5cc5c4c45fe1b5b

4bd66d71742e8aff

Didn't see it before work but the Flagship does have the price of $750 or so...

There is also the cans, AP2000Ti...
7a3ed9cded68aa5e

and they are bringing back the L5000(yeah!)
e98faf6733af2755

Sep 13, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #37,793 of 104,600
Some information about the new Ostry KC07. From Penonaudio.

OSTRY-KC07-700x700.jpg

OSTRY KC07 BA & Dynamic Driver Hybrid MMCX HiFi Audiophile In-ear Earphone IEMs

Description

Incredible industrial design

The KC07 adopts a more scientific and effective split sound chamber design. The front chamber sound is cut with stainless steel with better acoustic characteristics, and the sound chamber is made of special alloy. It is also integrated with multi-process CNC cutting.

The ear canal data is measured multiple times, bringing a special air arc curve cavity to enhance comfort.

Deep and transparent, faint light transmission, a large number of arc curves, bringing a warm and harmonious overall sense

KC07 is made of two different processes: precision titanium surface and anodized metal blasting.

The front of the earphone is made of an opal-like patch with the same color as the earphone. The left and right ears are respectively printed with beyond, fantasy, which is convenient to differ left and right.

In terms of wire, the litz line, which is a combination of 8-core single crystal copper and silver- plated oxygen-free copper, provides a discernible and significant improvement.

In terms of configuration, KC07 adopts dual-driver BA and Dynamic driver hybrid design, the BA part adopts customized imported Knowles driver, and the dynamic diver part uses self-developed, using the patented “molecular bionic” diaphragm dynamic driver.

Hi-end grade tuning technology and level, the use of "three-chamber steady-state tuning", making the dynamic sound more natural, in order to achieve a better state of the driver.

Thanks to the powerful dynamic strength, we no longer use the dynamic driver as the low-frequency driver,, but make the dynamic driver sound all the way. the middle and high-frequency are make-up by the custom BA, the BA adopts the ductless design, in the sound outlet. Place it in reverse.

KC09 adopts the tuning we think is healthier. Under the condition of maintaining overall transparency, the tri-band energy is relatively balanced, and the vocal part does not deliberately reveal the so-called resolution. But has the right thickness of human voice, which is graceful and smooth. Has a charming but do not belong can be dyed tone,. The low frequency part is moderate, but the cohesion is not reduced. The listening is fluffy and natural, the high frequency and high frequency extension are excellent, and the instrumental sound is outstanding. KC07 has achieved a rare and accurate restoration, natural comfort and a strong overall sense.

Specification

Drive unit: 10mm CCAM combination imported BA driver

Diaphragm: EBT

Sensitivity: >101db

Rated impedance: 24 ohm

Frequency response: 20hz-20khz

Distortion: <1%

Channel difference: <1.5db

Rated power: 10mv

Cable: 1.2m MMCX

Plug: 3.5mm

Package

KC07
Looks like they are on eBay for $199.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/OSTRY-KC07-E...In-Ear-Earphones-Detachable-MMCX/113236527266

Sep 13, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #37,794 of 104,600
Sep 13, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #37,797 of 104,600
anybody got a chance to compare the DMG and the King Pro?

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #37,798 of 104,600
DSC06414.JPG

You know I gotta hand it to NiceHCK. My goodness both these sound right. The NK10 is absolute bling. I just literally popped them in my ears as I am typing.

Someone been crafting their game. I have to hand it to the OEM that makes these things. I would like to give credit to NiceHCK as their name is written all over these earphones but I am very certain it is another company that makes these things for them. These are the same group that made the HK6 and my DZ12.

These do share some similarities to the DZ12 more than the HK6. They sound very cohesive. Very dimensional. Very balanced. Wide and deep. NiceHCK house forward mids with clean extended treble. Deep punchy rumbly sub bass. Very comfy in the ears. Lovely dark translucent blue color. It is extremely early impression but I want to say these sound even deeper than the DZ12. DZ12 might have a slightly wider stage but these definitely have the depth over them. These sound fantastic out of the box. More to come.

As close to the sonics as these things are to my DZ12. Considering these are about half the price. These are extreme value for a higher end all BA iem. I will take my time with this one but I am definitely digging on their sonics. They do sound more like a flagship effort than a stop gap. I am sure they will come out with more in the future but I want to say these are pushing some serious SQ for the bux.

What was even just as surprising of their sound is the EP35 single dynamic earphones you guys see in the pic above. I was lazy and posted both earphones in one pic. These are being sold for $28 on NiceHCK web site. Was told these use the same dynamic driver that is in the Onkyo E700M

71lAnxNGEGL._SL1500_.jpg
They kinda look like em too. These things go for $120 on amazon. Don't know if I would put the SQ value at the price point just yet but they certainly don't sound like no damn $28 earphone. Lol. I was so expecting a big bass earphone only to be greeted with a clean enthusiast U neutralish tuning. Airy and detailed with better extension in the bass and treble than I have heard anything at this price. They do sound touch thin sounding but they definitely impressed out of the box. Will have to burn them in to get the truth out of them. I will do a full write up on both these earphones for NiceHCK but

Going back to the NK10. They come with a very nice 8 Core SPC single ended brown colored cable. You bet I have a 2 pin all silver balanced cable on it's way to me as I type just for these earphones. These are definitely worthy out of the box. I look forward to getting to know both these earphones.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #37,800 of 104,600
They definitely upped their game on the NK10s. I can understand why they put the word flagship on these earphones. I have a good feel for NiceHCK sound signature and. These have to be one of their best efforts. Sounds superb out of the box and will most certainly impress anyone that gets a pair.

Since I just got them today I have yet to fully get into them but all in due time. I am looking forward to the DMGs and Finschis but for now. I have zero doubts a lot of effort was put into these earphones. They come extremely close to the sonics and even does a few things better than NiceHCKs own DZ12 and for half the price. Value for the money is all I can say about these things. I will be taking these to rocky mtn can jam and will compare the sonics of these to earphones that cost 10X as much. Can't wait to see where these stack up among much higher end earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back