423539999_10162426967593968_3876947396779583947_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077733246405322/posts/1529816287863680/

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #94,113 of 104,106
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #94,114 of 104,106
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #94,115 of 104,106
Wait, its name is not “legendary”?

kihihihihi,

The drivers are the "legendary" DD gen 2.
The IEM name is "CCA Trio" following "CCA Duo", i suppose.
---
that being said, other than the discount price and setup, we have no idea on the FR graph or how this will sounds like.
hopefully there will be impression and third party graph soon.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #94,116 of 104,106
I always wonder if there is any considerable difference between the myriads of dongles that are released ever so frequently. Different amp stage, battery implementation etc?

Many of the current Sigma Delta DAC dongles use similar DAC chips, and the various DAC brands eg AK, ESS, Cirrus, tend to have their house sound.

But the final sound is still influenced mostly by the rest of the circuitry and tuning. So I've tried ESS/AK sources that are edgy, some that are smooth.

The current day dongles do vary in terms of power output, output impedance and measurements. But I guess most are hitting such a high level of measurements and sound that most are at least above average and are not outright failures. In fact I dare say dongles have made sub $100 DAPs obsolete, they give much better price-to-performance ratio than DAPs, though some may not like the battery drain and memory limits of a dongle-smartphone combination.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #94,117 of 104,106
Many of the current Sigma Delta DAC dongles use similar DAC chips, and the various DAC brands eg AK, ESS, Cirrus, tend to have their house sound.

But the final sound is still influenced mostly by the rest of the circuitry and tuning. So I've tried ESS/AK sources that are edgy, some that are smooth.

The current day dongles do vary in terms of power output, output impedance and measurements. But I guess most are hitting such a high level of measurements and sound that most are at least above average and are not outright failures. In fact I dare say dongles have made sub $100 DAPs obsolete, they give much better price-to-performance ratio than DAPs, though some may not like the battery drain and memory limits of a dongle-smartphone combination.
Sure not missing a zero?

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #94,118 of 104,106
I always wonder if there is any considerable difference between the myriads of dongles that are released ever so frequently. Different amp stage, battery implementation etc?
There's not really much space for variation besides what aune did with their 4x4 transistor amp, m15's cma amp, w4 aio dac/amp chip, ru7's 1-bit ds dac, fc6's r2r dac, ibasso elite's rohm dac, or using a akm chip (which is pretty rare for dongles besides ua3 and hc4) as the majorty of dongles use cs chips with a handful of commonly used rt/ti op-amps.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #94,119 of 104,106
There's not really much space for variation besides what aune did with their 4x4 transistor amp, m15's cma amp, w4 aio dac/amp chip, ru7's 1-bit ds dac, fc6's r2r dac, ibasso elite's rohm dac, or using a akm chip (which is pretty rare for dongles besides ua3 and hc4) as the majorty of dongles use cs chips with a handful of commonly used rt/ti op-amps.
You are absolutely right. i was actually referring to the CS DAC ones that are flooding the market these days

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #94,120 of 104,106
What IEMs are my fellow IEM nerds using right now?

I've settled to using my Supernova, S8 and Meteor as my current daily rotation of IEMs, this covers pretty much every genre.

For outside use, I'll probably choose either Meteor or Tea 2, it's not a good idea to bring my S8 or Supernova outside given their price.

Meteor is not cheap but it looks and feels like a throwaway cereal toy, so there's no danger on bringing this to a public place, someone stealing this is extremely unlikely.

Everything else I own is redundant which is around 21 sets, I'm might give some stuff away some stuff for space reasons.

Some other sets I own like the Softears Volume and Thieaudio Legacy 4 see next to zero use.

This is a lesson to anyone interested in the hobby: don't horde gear, a lot of stuff will eventually see no use.

1-4 sets is enough.

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #94,121 of 104,106

Some other sets I own like the Softears Volume and Thieaudio Legacy 4 see next to zero use.
And look at me over here loving my Volume lol. It's my favorite set that I own. Along with the MagicOne.

Edit to add: here's a picture of my recently acquired Hakugei Healer cable with the Volume. Such a nice pairing both visually and sonically!

1706593567915.png

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #94,122 of 104,106

I've settled to using my Supernova, S8 and Meteor as my current daily rotation of IEMs, this covers pretty much every genre.

For outside use, I'll probably choose either Meteor or Tea 2, it's not a good idea to bring my S8 or Supernova outside given their price.

Meteor is not cheap but it looks and feels like a throwaway cereal toy, so there's no danger on bringing this to a public place, someone stealing this is extremely unlikely.

Everything else I own is redundant which is around 21 sets, I'm might give some stuff away some stuff for space reasons.

This is a lesson to anyone interested in the hobby: don't horde gear, a lot of stuff will eventually see no use.

1-4 sets is enough.
My rotation is this as of now:-
Hidizs MP145
Simgot EA1000
Softears Twilight
Thieaudio Hype10

These four are always in my ear now a day lol.

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #94,123 of 104,106

1-4 sets is enough.

Current rotation includes the Monarch Mk 3, Penon Quattro and Aur Audio Neon Pro.

I occasionally bust out the Sony IER-Z1R when i feel like listening to some EDM.

Thinking of getting a full DD set....perhaps the EA1000 or Timsok? ( The Timsok is pretty pricey though ).

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #94,124 of 104,106
Wish I can be as positive about these as you guys. Maybe that’s why I have some angry comments on my video review of this one :dt880smile:

My multi-kilobuck friends love this one too. It seems that Hidizs finally put their name on the IEM map for real.

@Jaytiss and you chose F1 pro over this, i guess as your preferred planar. I was about to get that F1 for my first planar but it was getting delayed in my region, and instead chose a used 'Sivga Nightingale' . Delighted with it. Btw, meant to ask you in that earlier post, i seem to remember some EQ tweak you had suggested elsewhere for the P8s to probably improve the soundstage feel. In case that's right, can you please share the settings to key in? (will be using Wavelet on phone). Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #94,125 of 104,106
@Jaytiss and you choose F1 pro over this, i guess as your preferred planar. I was about to get that F1 for my first planar but it was getting delayed in my region, and instead stumbled and chose a used 'Sivga Nightingale' . Delighted with it. Btw, meant to ask you in that earlier post, i seem to remember some EQ tweak you had suggested elsewhere for the P8s to probably improve the soundstage feel. In case that's right, can you please share the settings to key in? (will be using Wavelet on phone). Thanks.
Yup, I prefer F1 Pro over the hidizs. It’s probably down to tonal preference.

I didn’t make detailed PEQ for P8. I wouldn’t rely on the autoEQ tool on squiglink because the coupler and the IEM sample of each database is different. Thus I rely on my ears and simple 10band EQ.

I simply drop the 1kHz by a few dB (at most 3, unless you want to try 64 audio “audiophile” target). I also bumped the 2kHz by a few dB. Remember to test with a variety of different genres of music to avoid tuning for a particular poorly mastered track. P8 driver can handle 3dB bass boost without losing its tightness as well. I usually bump the 16kHz by 3dB because of preference (or maybe because I’m deaf up there)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back