The discovery thread!
Jan 30, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #94,141 of 104,109
Jan 30, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #94,143 of 104,109
Wow, even more pinna gain at 3k than the O2 and lots less bass at about 5db compared to the O2 at 9db at 40 hz if we are to believe the graphs. At least the broad peak at 3k drops rapidly in comparison to the O2 with has a bit of a bump at 5k. Seems like it might be targeted to detail freaks.

Yeah it does look shouty on the store provided graph. But there are other tuning nozzles, so I hope those others can salvage the 10 dB ear gain.

Hasn’t even left China 🥲

Dang, the Chinese side is going to close logistics in the next few days in preparation for their huge annual Chinese New Year holidays. Factories and logistics all close about 2 weeks before as there is a large migration as the chinese workers return to their home towns for this event.

Usually, they only reopen around mid/end Feb. Hope your KZ gets shipped before then, if not heaven's forbid, there may be a Pro version of this Legendary KZ released next month by the time your thing gets shipped.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #94,144 of 104,109
At the midFI bracket, the DUNU Falcon Ultra, Oriveti OD200 and Simgot EA1000 are hot favourite single DDs (EA1000 is technically not a pure DD as it has a PR but functions mostly as a single DD as the PR just adds a bit of resonance to the bass).
Yes yes, I have these iems with me. I was asking about which other 2-DD iem have gained recognition. I thought Origin had two dd drivers in it. Sorry, my bad.

BTW, is Shenzhen Audio even reachable?

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:32 AM Post #94,145 of 104,109
I already have a very good single DD IEM - Shozy B2, but I never heard EA1000. If somebody has both it would be very interesting to compare.
B2 is miles better than EA1000. The sonics, the evenness, the staging, imaging, the uniformity of the B2 is so much superior than the EA1000. Unless you want sharpness and tighter notes, no need to consider the EA1000. Just consider a better cable for the B2, something like Ares S and enjoy!!
If you want an upgrade, consider the Kinera URD.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #94,146 of 104,109
B2 is miles better than EA1000. The sonics, the evenness, the staging, imaging, the uniformity of the B2 is so much superior than the EA1000. Unless you want sharpness and tighter notes, no need to consider the EA1000. Just consider a better cable for the B2, something like Ares S and enjoy!!
If you want an upgrade, consider the Kinera URD.
Thank you. Yes, I don't like sharp bright sound.
I have SR7 and Butastur - I think they are enough upgrade from B2.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #94,147 of 104,109
Jan 30, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #94,148 of 104,109
🏴‍☠️

Who are you to call our dongs aful? And you can't have it at any price, Laddy.
This made me chuckle. Such disrespect, though, right!?

See what you started @nikbr ! Please post this stuff in the appropriate thread. Other than that, I appreciate your enthusiasm. Cheers!
OH NO!! Is this the end of The Discovery Thread as we know it?

This is why we have the ignore button and it makes getting through the threads much easier.
Nah, I like to keep everyone around. Not everyone is affable. That sort of posts just serve as a reminder that there will always be haters. It's just about how you deal with them.

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:18 AM Post #94,149 of 104,109
What IEMs are my fellow IEM nerds using right now?

I've settled to using my Supernova, S8 and Meteor as my current daily rotation of IEMs, this covers pretty much every genre.

For outside use, I'll probably choose either Meteor or Tea 2, it's not a good idea to bring my S8 or Supernova outside given their price.

Meteor is not cheap but it looks and feels like a throwaway cereal toy, so there's no danger on bringing this to a public place, someone stealing this is extremely unlikely.

Everything else I own is redundant which is around 21 sets, I'm might give some stuff away some stuff for space reasons.

Some other sets I own like the Softears Volume and Thieaudio Legacy 4 see next to zero use.

This is a lesson to anyone interested in the hobby: don't horde gear, a lot of stuff will eventually see no use.

1-4 sets is enough.
I've fallen in love with my Oriveti OD200, especially playing out of the DX170. After that the Simgots have gotten the most play. EW200 and EA1000. Occasional Aure and Wu Zetian, but mostly those three mentioned first off. The OD200 is magically musical.

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #94,150 of 104,109
I am going to have to call you out on this one. What is your definition of dynamic, cuz this is not it!
It's quite dynamic. The dynamism is in the bass, the stage is circular, and the imaging is spacious, which when you put it all together, is actually quite dynamic in it's presentation.

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #94,151 of 104,109

I've settled to using my Supernova, S8 and Meteor as my current daily rotation of IEMs, this covers pretty much every genre.

For outside use, I'll probably choose either Meteor or Tea 2, it's not a good idea to bring my S8 or Supernova outside given their price.

Meteor is not cheap but it looks and feels like a throwaway cereal toy, so there's no danger on bringing this to a public place, someone stealing this is extremely unlikely.

Everything else I own is redundant which is around 21 sets, I'm might give some stuff away some stuff for space reasons.

Some other sets I own like the Softears Volume and Thieaudio Legacy 4 see next to zero use.

This is a lesson to anyone interested in the hobby: don't horde gear, a lot of stuff will eventually see no use.

1-4 sets is enough.

Currently GD3C, Zetian Wu, Pandamon and T800. :L3000:

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #94,152 of 104,109

1-4 sets is enough.
Struggling to find the time to listen to all 6 IEM favourites + 109 Pro.

I might have to let some go. Thought about selling the Butastur, but yesterday's listen was wonderful. Might have to reconsider.

Most used combo is BTR7 + VE Monk earbuds at work.

At home it's either M15S or VE Stack + the aforementioned 6 (in signature). Every now and then I reach for VE Zen LL which has magical mids.

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #94,154 of 104,109
Jan 30, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #94,155 of 104,109
I've fallen in love with my Oriveti OD200, especially playing out of the DX170. After that the Simgots have gotten the most play. EW200 and EA1000. Occasional Aure and Wu Zetian, but mostly those three mentioned first off. The OD200 is magically musical.
What a turn around from your first impression
:dt880smile:

Still haven't used mine more than short listen, stille waiting for the nozzle with the least brightness. Build quality and comfort is excellent 👌 Big fan of good single DDs.

1000022609.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back