The discovery thread!
Apr 25, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #99,781 of 100,544
Pretty skinny and smaller. Lesser than a fat sexy fingers width and shorter than length of a small ac remote

But it isn't a phone of course.

1000069430.jpg

1000069427.jpg
Sexy and small. How is the sound? What's the native profile?

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #99,782 of 100,544
I wont respect a company which can't even deal with a simple problem like chipping, and keep fooling consumers with fancy waifu. There are always many established and cheap smartphone solutions from China that you can buy from. A 99% look alike iphone latest gen. is priced less than $150 only. Obviously, the most difficult part for Moondrop is not making the phone itself, but making a phone that dont chip.
Yeah, if you trust Moondrop's commitment to quality control -- if that exists -- then you're P.T. Barnum's wet dream.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #99,783 of 100,544
First off I joined the CCA Trio Club
Must be one of the best KZ/CCA models, Like it with tuning switches turned for some extra bass.

DSCF4961.jpg

Then the new KZ ZX10 Pro 2, really dont like this one. Tried play with the switches and cant find a config I like, comes of as overall bright, sibilant and harsh.
Will try and burn it in, test some more tips and maybe impedance adapter :thinking:

DSCF4962.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #99,784 of 100,544
Hey all, I just got the DIY tuning kit for the Simgot EA500 that I've read is also compatible with the EW200 that I have. Does anyone have any instructions/recommendations on what EXACTLY to do to the EW200 to get better sound out of them?
Buy one of those expensive Penon cables that adds sparkle, depth, bass articulation, and pinpoint imaging?

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #99,785 of 100,544
Here is a good cable I recently got from Gladiator Cables. "Aes Harmony" silver-plated UP-OCC copper-litz cable. More descriptions are here: link

Config:
Conductors: 4 x 24AWG (4x1.5mm OD unsleeved)
Material: Thick silver plating, 6N OCC Copper (99.9999X%)
Insulator: Extremely flexible PE
Core Structure: Type 2 Litz (144*0.02mm)

The thing I love about this cable is that it achieves a very decent sound at a very reasonable price. It is a good upgrade over the stock cable on, let's say, a mid-fi iems (~600-800 USD), as most of the stock cables that come with iems in this price range are just okay or sometimes bad too. It has a nice, soft, and supple build. The 4.4mm adapter is quite solid. The 2-pin connectors are not as solid, though.

It delivers what it promises—striking a balance between warmth and details. It does not color the sound and leaves the signature mostly as it is while smoothing out the texture. It is good for warmish iems where you don't want to add any extra warmth/color at all. I paired it with FlipEar Aether; it sounds quite mature from this cable. I will try to add more details to this cable after a few days.

gc3.jpeg

gc1.jpeg

gc2.jpeg

gc4.jpeg
Handsome.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #99,786 of 100,544
First off I joined the CCA Trio Club
Must be one of the best KZ/CCA models, Like it with tuning switches turned for some extra bass.

DSCF4961.jpg

Then the new KZ ZX10 Pro 2, really dont like this one. Tried play with the switches and cant find a config I like, comes of as overall bright, sibilant and harsh.
Will try and burn it in, test some more tips and maybe impedance adapter :thinking:

DSCF4962.jpg
Great! I bought it along with the TRN ST7. I figured, with the budget masterpiece that the Trio is, that it would be a good flier on this one? Oh well. Interestingly enough, the ST7 is on the way and the KZ hasn't even shipped yet.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #99,787 of 100,544
Kbear Rosefinch got new colorways in ' Pale Purple ' & ' Aqua Green ' on Amazon. One of the best $20 bass tuning budget IEMs out there. I liked these better than 7Hz Legato. I've done Akros mod (350~400 filter), it noticably cleans up the vocal and subbass, slightly reduction on overall midbass quantity, basically getting the entire sound out of 'mud'. 90% of time I prefer the filter mod, except occasionally in a noisy outdoor environment.
I did this too with 400 filter and they became really decent for the price. You know, sometimes you listen to a new IEM and have immediate urge to sell them right away, but these weren't that bad at all.

It only surprises me why KBEAR is sticking to that white filter even with this new batch - they could make a second revision or "PRO" version with 400 mesh (or even with 3 tuning heads) and that would be a better out-of-box experience for Rosefinch.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #99,788 of 100,544
Another delivery arrived today, almost 3 weeks with the local mail and customs. The Letshuoer Cadenza4, hybrid IEM with 10mm Beryllium DD and 3 BAs Knowles and Sonion)

Refined and natural sounding, tasteful warmth. Not to bassy, or bright. Clear but smooth sound, and decent technicalities. Midrange is really nice, probably my faovorite Letshuoer. One of the most ergonomic shells, both in fitment and how small and nice the texture is.

I will be writing a full review for this one, but I can already see it as a good recommendation.

DSCF4980.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #99,789 of 100,544
These beauties shipped a few hours after I ordered them, while the KZ pro thing is still waiting to ship. These are my first TRN since I ordered those tiny micro hybrids they released many years ago. I paid $10 for those, and they actually didn't sound too bad, and I rather enjoyed them, but I never bothered with anything else, since most of their stuff received naughty reviews, but for $25, another flier was taken, so we'll see of they can be a positive on-the-go experience? Damn KZ, how about shipping my product?!
TRNST7.png

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #99,790 of 100,544
Apr 25, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #99,791 of 100,544
Another delivery also arrived today, almost 3 weeks witht he local mail and customs. The Letshuoer Cadenza4, hybrid IEM with 10mm Beryllium DD and 3 BAs Knowles and Sonion)

Refined and natural sounding, tasteful warmth. Not to bassy, or bright. Clear but smooth sound, and decent technicalities. Midrange is really nice, probably my faovorite Lethuoer. One of the most ergonomic shells, both in fitment and how small and nice the texture is.

I will be writing a full review for this one, but I can already see it as a good recommendation.

DSCF4980.jpg
I am still waiting for my lost NiceHCK Himalaya been 55 days

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #99,792 of 100,544
Can you point us to more detail about this mod? TIA
You basically take some needle or 1mm flat screwdriver (or anything similar) and remove that stock white filter from Rosefinch.

Then you pick 4.5mm 350/400/450 filters like this (try the density that sounds better to you) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006137203461.html
(I think 5mm might be actually better and easier to install, but I couldn't find 5mm "cotton" meshes on Ali unfortunately, only metal ones)
You can also re-glue old stock filters to the plastic holder of new filters, in case you don't like the mod and want to return them in the future.

And with the same needle or screwdriver you then install the new mesh on the nozzle. They have traces of glue to they will hold, but 4.5mm filters are slightly tricky to position properly.

P10401221.jpg

ps: that is how I did it. Hopefully it's the correct way and correct meshes, but if not - feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #99,793 of 100,544
Another delivery arrived today, almost 3 weeks with the local mail and customs. The Letshuoer Cadenza4, hybrid IEM with 10mm Beryllium DD and 3 BAs Knowles and Sonion)

Refined and natural sounding, tasteful warmth. Not to bassy, or bright. Clear but smooth sound, and decent technicalities. Midrange is really nice, probably my faovorite Letshuoer. One of the most ergonomic shells, both in fitment and how small and nice the texture is.

DSCF4980.jpg
I'd love to try these they sound right up my alley. Maybe a more refined MagicOne?

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #99,794 of 100,544
I'd love to try these they sound right up my alley. Maybe a more refined MagicOne?
Maybe, never heard it. Some of the magic with MagicOne is the coherent sound of 1 BA.

Pretty sure it's more up your alley than Bonneville 😜

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #99,795 of 100,544

DSCF4980.jpg
It's a beautiful IEM brother. I love the crisp and nicely detailed sound of the C4. I hope you enjoy this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back