The discovery thread!
May 2, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #77,926 of 102,428
Kinera also has a planar hybrid in the work. Price will be "very competitive". Will release in 2-3 months. Aboard the planar hype train!

Just an observation, bit I think the planar hype train has kinda left the station in 2022. I know Kinera had some SPD (Square Planar driver) pseudo planar releases last year, but they seem a bit late to the legit planar game. There's some interest in the new KZ HBB collab planar, but it is cheap so maybe the pool of potential consumers can support this. Otherwise, in 2023, the hype seems to be for dual DD or tunable IEMs.

May 2, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #77,927 of 102,428
Just an observation, bit I think the planar hype train has kinda left the station in 2022. I know Kinera had some SPD (Square Planar driver) pseudo planar releases last year, but they seem a bit late to the legit planar game. There's some interest in the new KZ HBB collab planar, but it is cheap so maybe the pool of potential consumers can support this. Otherwise, in 2023, the hype seems to be for dual DD or tunable IEMs.
haha hard to catch up!

May 2, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #77,928 of 102,428
Planar hybrids might be the next big thing! 2DD vs DD+Planar?
I see potential in this area, Tri i3pro (DD + Planar + BA) had a very coloured tuning, so room for other colours of a similar configuration

May 2, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #77,930 of 102,428
it need better, more focused early marketing.

OH300 is a $50, 1 LCP DD with Zobel tuning and somewhat good looking shell where you could see the circuit.
Not bad offering it seems

but it somehow have no FR graph to see in the marketing
and the Marketing spent too much space for mumbo jumbo of photocromatic glass that "protect circuit" that YOU intentionally put on outerpart of a clear shell.
it won't be issue if the circuit is inside in the shell like everybody else is doing...
Not bad, but competition is really strong. They could add hard case and some tips, cleaning brush, whatever.
Planar hybrids might be the next big thing! 2DD vs DD+Planar?
I see potential in this area, Tri i3pro (DD + Planar + BA) had a very coloured tuning, so room for other colours of a similar configuration
Definitely! I recently bought TRI I3, but first version and I'm amazed how good they are. Nice timbre, good bas, smooth mids, sparkly top, great sense of space and they can play basically any genre. At this moment I3 are one of my favourite IEM-s. I'm nearly sure that if TRI released this model in late 2021, 2022 or even now when planar hype isn't over - it would be much more popular and successful.

May 2, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #77,932 of 102,428
Tribrid!! BC highs, Planar mids, and a DD. I'd ride that!

May 2, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #77,934 of 102,428
New OH300 are available on aliexpress. Ikko is not flooding us with dozen of models every year, so I have quite high expectations.
Unfortunately, it's a barebone accessory set, but maybe the sound, build quality and decent cable will make up for it?

https://www.ikkoaudio.com/products/oh300-iems

Does this mean I need sunglasses over my ears wearing my OH2?:sunglasses:

Perhaps somebody got confused when told to add filters?:rolling_eyes:

May 2, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #77,935 of 102,428
Does this mean I need sunglasses over my ears wearing my OH2?:sunglasses:

Perhaps somebody got confused when told to add filters?:rolling_eyes:
Sounds interesting. Auto tuning bored? Wth is that? Face plate has a cool cyberpunk look, like someone injected mercury into their veins. I dig it.

May 2, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #77,936 of 102,428
May 2, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #77,937 of 102,428
New OH300 are available on aliexpress. Ikko is not flooding us with dozen of models every year, so I have quite high expectations.
Unfortunately, it's a barebone accessory set, but maybe the sound, build quality and decent cable will make up for it?

https://www.ikkoaudio.com/products/oh300-iems
They can spend all the space for the BS about the UV thing but they cannot put a graph there so people can know what kind of sound to expect

May 2, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #77,938 of 102,428
These came out a few years ago and aren't new, but may be of interest as cables never go out of style!

Brand: ISN Audio
Model: GC4
Material: single crystal copper plating pure gold
Number of cores: 4 strands, single strand is 16 cores
Sheath: environmental protection transparent PVC
Aluminum alloy CNC cutting integrated slider
Secondary oxidation gold foil gold ring
The solder joint is silver–contained tin
Rhodium-plated plug
Cable length: 1.2M
$179
https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-gc4.html

DSC_0001.jpegqwqwe.jpeg

Below is the OSG, the very first Graphene Cable ever made.
Penon OSG OCC Silver-plated Mixed with Graphene HiFi Audiophile IEMs Cable

Type-4 Litz configuration
Material: High purity single crystal copper silver-plated wire mixed with graphene
Number of cores: 4 strands, single strand is 71 cores
Sheath: environmental protection transparent PVC
Configuration: Carbon fiber metal splitter and slider,The solder joint is silver–contained tin
Plug: Rhodium-plated plug
Cable length: 1.2M
$299.00
https://penonaudio.com/penon-osg.html?page=2

DSC_0006.jpegqwq.jpeg
DSC_0030.jpegdc.jpeg

Above IMR BC 2023:
The OSG really optimizes the IMR BC 2023 by tightening the bass and making the already big soundstage bigger. Somehow the slight warmth that the cable provides is still noticeable with-in the warmth of the BC 2023's naturally occurring output. This warmth most likely due to the personality within the OSG midrange shining through? It really is a great combo, more detailed and faster than the ISN G4 cable I have been using (of course it is 3X the money too):wink:. Just an interesting and throughly musical combo.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #77,939 of 102,428
Not bad, but competition is really strong. They could add hard case and some tips, cleaning brush, whatever.

Definitely! I recently bought TRI I3, but first version and I'm amazed how good they are. Nice timbre, good bas, smooth mids, sparkly top, great sense of space and they can play basically any genre. At this moment I3 are one of my favourite IEM-s. I'm nearly sure that if TRI released this model in late 2021, 2022 or even now when planar hype isn't over - it would be much more popular and successful.
I agree, the original i3 is much more to my taste than the i3 Pro. One of my favourites since I first heard it.

May 2, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #77,940 of 102,428
Starting the day with some new products by my side, The Effect Audio Code 23 & F Audio Dark Sky!!

dark sky.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back