The discovery thread!
Dec 5, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #90,556 of 101,284
•Courtney Barnett - small poppies
I love that track, the guitar is sensational, very often have to hit the back button and listen to that track again.

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #90,557 of 101,284
Crazy, so there is a murder treble version of PR3, dumpster tuning version and one that resembles KZ's graphs? Yeowza...
Yeah. Those are called the "lack of QC" trio.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #90,558 of 101,284
Finished my review on Hisenior T4, the 4BA IEM costing 200$.
Musical and relaxed tuning, overall warm tilt with lush midrange.
Been my daily driver for over a month now, I want to spread the love and shipped it for some friends to try now. Will be missed meanwhile.
Feel free to read if its of any interest, cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hisenior-t4-2023.26675/review/32353/

DSCF3778.jpg
Fantastic review as per usual. It's apparently a very different character to my current all-BA set, the Butastur. Definitely staying on my Interested list, and I moved it a bit higher in order. 👍

Dec 5, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #90,559 of 101,284
Finished my review on Hisenior T4, the 4BA IEM costing 200$.
Musical and relaxed tuning, overall warm tilt with lush midrange.
Been my daily driver for over a month now, I want to spread the love and shipped it for some friends to try now. Will be missed meanwhile.
Feel free to read if its of any interest, cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hisenior-t4-2023.26675/review/32353/

DSCF3778.jpg
Nice review as usual. Thanks for the detailed post. Do you have OD200 with you to compare to the T4?

Dec 5, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #90,560 of 101,284
Nice review as usual. Thanks for the detailed post. Do you have OD200 with you to compare to the T4?
Sorry no. Still on my list of sets I want to buy.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #90,561 of 101,284
Step right up and test your luck, QC at it's finest!

So I did my video on that one LOL
I love waking up in the early hours of the cold East Coast morning for my usual dose of pure comedy from this thread 😅 KZ never fails at bringing around the occasional traveling Circus, complete with those rigged games of knocking down balls glued down to the table and over-inflated small basketballs that bounce to the moon when trying to shoot them in rims too small to actually fit the balls themselves. Even the price of the games is close to KZ IEM prices - $5 - $20... funny analogy, I love that.
Cause sadly, KBEAR has been on a series of flops in recent months.
I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed the Rosefinch for what it offered. It's a proper Basshead IEM at $20. IMO, it had great timbre and the driver quality seemed fairly high for the price of admission. But otherwise, I agree. I haven't heard of many other hits from them in at least 2 years.
I love that track, the guitar is sensational, very often have to hit the back button and listen to that track again.
Agreed, Courtney has a great musical style and her recording quality never disappoints. I love her stuff
Sorry no. Still on my list of sets I want to buy.
We should just make a petition for this dude to get IEMs as the larger reviewers do and in exchange, these companies get the highest quality photos possible. Maybe eventually, you'll end up like Resolution. Didn't he step away from the hobby side of things because he started to take images for some larger companies? I haven't seen him post in probably about a year now.

Dec 5, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #90,563 of 101,284
Dec 5, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #90,565 of 101,284
Got the EPZ 530 off Aliexpress at a discounted price.

EPZ 1.jpeg

This is a 5 BA setup - dual Sonion 38AM007 handles the bass, 1 x Sonion 2389 takes care of the midrange and the treble is settled by a Shengyang ED05 BA + E50DT BA.

The shells are fashioned from wood and come in an exotic Mamba green or lava orange hue.

Ergonomics are excellent, one of the best fitting IEMs, and isolation can hit near 30 dB passive isolation as it is not vented.

Easily driven, amplification is not 100% neeeded.

EPZ 2.jpeg

The stock cable is a 16 core gold-silver pallidum alloy, with 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm, 4.4 mm terminals are provided. Comes in a nice wooden box.

Tonally, the EP530 sports a V-shaped sound. This set is superbly technical, with a holographic soundstage and excellent micro-details, you can pick small nuances in the music. Imaging is pinpoint and instrument separation is very spacious. It is probably one of the most resolving midFI IEMs.

EPZ 530.jpg

Surprisingly there is not too bad BA timbre, with just a bit of BA bass (not as much decay as traditional DD bass), but it extends deeply in the sub-bass.

It lies a bit on the bright side, so perhaps treble sensitive folk might need to adjust this area with source pairing and eartips, or consider alternative options. The 530 has a similar graph to the crowd-favourite Kinera Celest Phoenix Call, except the EP530 is in a way more superior league for technicalities.

EPZ 530 versus Phoenix Call.jpg

This set is definitely one for technical junkies.

Will do some more testing and report back, but I think it can give sets like the Moondrop Variations and co a run for their money.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #90,566 of 101,284
Got the EPZ 530 off Aliexpress at a discounted price.

EPZ 1.jpeg

This is a 5 BA setup - dual Sonion 38AM007 handles the bass, 1 x Sonion 2389 takes care of the midrange and the treble is settled by a Shengyang ED05 BA + E50DT BA.

The shells are fashioned from wood and come in an exotic Mamba green or lava orange hue.

Ergonomics are excellent, one of the best fitting IEMs, and isolation can hit near 30 dB passive isolation as it is not vented.

Easily driven, amplification is not 100% neeeded.

EPZ 2.jpeg

The stock cable is a 16 core gold-silver pallidum alloy, with 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm, 4.4 mm terminals are provided. Comes in a nice wooden box.

Tonally, the EP530 sports a well-balanced V-shaped sound. This set is superbly technical, with a holographic soundstage and excellent micro-details, you can pick small nuances in the music. Imaging is pinpoint and instrument separation is very spacious. It is probably one of the most resolving midFI IEMs.

EPZ 530.jpg

Surprisingly there is not too bad BA timbre, and there is a bit of BA bass (not as much decay as traditional DD bass), but it extends deeply in the sub-bass.

It lies a bit on the bright side, so perhaps treble sensitive folk might need to adjust this area with source pairing and eartips, or consider alternative options. The 530 has a similar graph to the crowd-favourite Kinera Celest Phoenix Call, except the EP530 is in a way more superior league for technicalities.

EPZ 530 versus Phoenix Call.jpg

This set is definitely one for technical junkies.

Will do some more testing and report back, but I think it can give sets like the Moondrop Variations and co a run for their money.
Love that set!

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #90,567 of 101,284
Just spent the last 45 minutes graphing the CCA Rhapsody, for the sake of audiophiledom! Have a migraine now LOL.

CCA Rhapsody.jpg

So this pokemon of the week is a 4 BA + 2 DD setup. Has (surprise surprise) 4 tuning switches to grant 16 tuning options.

So the tuning switches (unlike some previous iterations) do work in changing the sound, mostly at the lower mids to bass.

Will do some testing and report back.

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #90,568 of 101,284
Dec 5, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #90,569 of 101,284
Just spent the last 45 minutes graphing the CCA Rhapsody, for the sake of audiophiledom! Have a migraine now LOL.

So this pokemon of the week is a 4 BA + 2 DD setup. Has (surprise surprise) 4 tuning switches to grant 16 tuning options.

So the tuning switches (unlike some previous iterations) do work in changing the sound, mostly at the lower mids to bass.

Where do we access this squig? It's my first hybrid and I'm getting to see how good the separation gets with multiple drivers and sound tubes at a reasonable budget.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #90,570 of 101,284

CCA Rhapsody.jpg

Too many permutation.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back