The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Dec 22, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #301 of 1,155
The figures are correct. The op amp used limits the current so there is 4 volts out but if the current was not limited, the drag on the phone's battery or whatever you are using would be heavy and that would not be good. Calculations do work but then you have to know the maximum output of the output part, in this case the buffer. I can imagine how irate people would be if their phone drained in an hour or two. No one would be very happy. As it is, the DC-Elite will power many monitors while still having plenty of headroom.

I will have our software manager see what is on the Google platform for download. Currently, please go to our download page for the current UAC app, as Alex has mentioned.

Thank you, Paul, for the clarification and explanation. I updated my review accordingly to correct the info for 4.4mm output with 280mW @32ohm :)

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #302 of 1,155
The figures are correct. The op amp used limits the current so there is 4 volts out but if the current was not limited, the drag on the phone's battery or whatever you are using would be heavy and that would not be good. Calculations do work but then you have to know the maximum output of the output part, in this case the buffer. I can imagine how irate people would be if their phone drained in an hour or two. No one would be very happy. As it is, the DC-Elite will power many monitors while still having plenty of headroom.

I will have our software manager see what is on the Google platform for download. Currently, please go to our download page for the current UAC app, as Alex has mentioned.
Makes me wonder, is it possible to have a "desktop mode" where the output isn't limited while connected to a desktop PC?

Dec 24, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #303 of 1,155
Btw I have today tested DC Elite with following IEMs and headphones
- Amber Pearl: fantastic pairing opening up upper mids and treble providing some sparcle and enormous DD like punch and wide stage, fantastic synergy contrasting N30LE AP TOTL DAP
- RN6: neutral and for me a bit too bright, also wide stage and good FIR punch as expected
- Meze Elite: clarity and nice punch at around 10 clicks, still preferring more organic sources than DC Elite for my personal taste
- ZMF VC: Also very clean and clear with nice punch when called for, actually good pairing but still prefer more organic sources just like with Elite
- DCA Stealth: that Dongle doesn't sound bad surprisingly, lacking some dynamics in contrast to N30LE as source but overall I am surprised about the power of DC Elite, I think I was running it around 12-13 clicks

Overall I am feeling that warmer and thicker IEMs or headphones do have the best pairing.

Btw: no digital volume control on my Cayin N30LE Android DAP just the same as with IPhone even though I had the latest UAC apk installed...

Dec 24, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #304 of 1,155
Btw I have today tested DC Elite with following IEMs and headphones
- Amber Pearl: fantastic pairing opening up upper mids and treble providing some sparcle and enormous DD like punch and wide stage, fantastic synergy contrasting N30LE AP TOTL DAP
- RN6: neutral and for me a bit too bright, also wide stage and good FIR punch as expected
- Meze Elite: clarity and nice punch at around 10 clicks, still preferring more organic sources than DC Elite for my personal taste
- ZMF VC: Also very clean and clear with nice punch when called for, actually good pairing but still prefer more organic sources just like with Elite
- DCA Stealth: that Dongle doesn't sound bad surprisingly, lacking some dynamics in contrast to N30LE as source but overall I am surprised about the power of DC Elite, I think I was running it around 12-13 clicks

Overall I am feeling that warmer and thicker IEMs or headphones do have the best pairing.

Btw: no digital volume control on my Cayin N30LE Android DAP just the same as with IPhone even though I had the latest UAC apk installed...

Are you using HibyMusic on you N30LE? If you do, in USB output setting check under Lock USB Audio Volume to make sure you don't have All Volume Locked selected.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #305 of 1,155
The lack of volume adjustment with iOS will likely make this a device I can’t use on a regular basis. I’ll have to stick with my Mojo2 for now.

I need to add these comments I made in another thread to add more context to what I’m hearing now. Xposting it here for updated take:

“I did a lot more listening between the iBasso DC-Elite (connected via 6” thunderbolt 4 cable to 2023 iPad) and the Mojo2 Poly via Roon on both.

The DC-Elite is much more neutral to neutral/cool vs the Mojo2 (which now sounds more warm) to my ears. Listening via the CA BlackStar, IE900/600, FAudio Spring, Szalayi. It’s not a slight difference to my ears but significant enough that I had to reset my Mojo2 to make sure I didn’t have any EQ or crossfeed active.

I was a bit irritated initially by the volume adjustment limitations and stepped attenuator clicks on the DC-Elite but with some of the harder to drive IEM’s I tried I was getting plenty of adjustment and am not as bothered by the step clicks now.

Anyway Merry Christmas Everyone here, May your families & loved ones be Blessed by God now and in 2024!!”

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #306 of 1,155
Charging IPhone through Magsafe while listening to DC Elite, very convenient though might put strain on the battery - of course the same will work using mobile MagSafe chargers on the go

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 25, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #307 of 1,155
Makes me wonder, is it possible to have a "desktop mode" where the output isn't limited while connected to a desktop PC?
Thx for the hint but that option is deactivated, no digital volume control possible on N30LE but no issues for example using some very old Motorola Android 9 smartphone I found in a drawer.

Edit: I just found out there's an exclusive mode in the Hiby app and with that mode I can lock DC Elite and control digital volume.
Thx for the hint.
That's only feasible though using the native Hiby or Cayin app and not working through the streaming apps as it looks like on N30LE

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #308 of 1,155
I need to add these comments I made in another thread to add more context to what I’m hearing now. Xposting it here for updated take:

“I did a lot more listening between the iBasso DC-Elite (connected via 6” thunderbolt 4 cable to 2023 iPad) and the Mojo2 Poly via Roon on both.

The DC-Elite is much more neutral to neutral/cool vs the Mojo2 (which now sounds more warm) to my ears. Listening via the CA BlackStar, IE900/600, FAudio Spring, Szalayi. It’s not a slight difference to my ears but significant enough that I had to reset my Mojo2 to make sure I didn’t have any EQ or crossfeed active.

I was a bit irritated initially by the volume adjustment limitations and stepped attenuator clicks on the DC-Elite but with some of the harder to drive IEM’s I tried I was getting plenty of adjustment and am not as bothered by the step clicks now.

Anyway Merry Christmas Everyone here, May your families & loved ones be Blessed by God now and in 2024!!”
I’m curious to know more about how the DC-Elite compares to the Mojo2 (ie resolution, stage, separation, etc). 🤔

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #312 of 1,155
The more I listen to the DC06 Pro, the more impressed with it I get. It’s highly resolving, tight, and has excellent control over the drivers of my headphones and IEMs. It’s a cut above the 03 Pro and 04 Pro and it is so good I don’t feel the need to try the Elite.
Are are you assuming DC06 Pro is better or did you compare them?

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #313 of 1,155
Are are you assuming DC06 Pro is better or did you compare them?
I own the 03 Pro, 04 Pro, and 06 Pro. I’m content with the 06 Pro so I won’t be spending the money to try the Elite. I am not saying the 06 Pro is as good or better than the Elite, just that the 06 Pro is excellent and leaves me wanting for nothing more.

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #314 of 1,155
I own the 03 Pro, 04 Pro, and 06 Pro. I’m content with the 06 Pro so I won’t be spending the money to try the Elite. I am not saying the 06 Pro is as good or better than the Elite, just that the 06 Pro is excellent and leaves me wanting for nothing more.
Thats great. I was merely confirming if you have them as you already know members here tend to make comparisons from thin air :)
I did not mean any offence and i hope none were taken. Thanks for your thoughts as I didn't come across many reviews for the DC06 Pro. I have one question if you don't mind, in the UAC app, how many digital filters does the DC06 Pro have?

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #315 of 1,155
Thats great. I was merely confirming if you have them as you already know members here tend to make comparisons from thin air :)
I did not mean any offence and i hope none were taken. Thanks for your thoughts as I didn't come across many reviews for the DC06 Pro. I have one question if you don't mind, in the UAC app, how many digital filters does the DC06 Pro have?
No offense taken! I’m happy to provide my bonafides. :)

I do not know about the UAC app though because I’m using mine with an iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back