The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #21,511 of 22,482
Hi,

I'm looking to contact Abyss. I've sent an email to @Abyss Headphones but I haven't heard anything. Do you know how to contact Abyss ?
Best regards !

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #21,512 of 22,482
Hi,

I'm looking to contact Abyss. I've sent an email to @Abyss Headphones but I haven't heard anything. Do you know how to contact Abyss ?
Best regards !
Give them 2/3 business day. Send a follow up if you don't have an answer, they are usually very responsive.

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #21,513 of 22,482
Not this time, I'm sending them a PM and an e-mail. My request is dated 26 May

Jun 6, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #21,514 of 22,482
Replied to your email of today, sorry if we missed a PM.

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Jun 6, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #21,515 of 22,482
I recently dealt with Abyss re a driver replacement. The customer service from Abyss was absolutely top notch.

Jun 6, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #21,516 of 22,482
Joe is always exemplary with taking care of us.

Jun 6, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #21,517 of 22,482
yes I have had outstanding interactions with Joe several times

Jun 6, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #21,518 of 22,482
I spoke to Joe on the phone over a beginner's problem he probably hears about all the time and he still gave me quality advice.

Jun 7, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #21,519 of 22,482
If I ever have a driver failure, and I live in Europe, will I be able to send my hp in and get it repaired? What happens after the five year warranty period? Thanks and knock on wood, my drivers are going strong 💪

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #21,520 of 22,482
If I ever have a driver failure, and I live in Europe, will I be able to send my hp in and get it repaired? What happens after the five year warranty period? Thanks and knock on wood, my drivers are going strong 💪
You can, the postage will prob cost as much as the shipping both ways, but it won't be a brick at least. I had the headphones stop producing music for 1 hour, I contacted Abyss and by the time they gave me a quote, the headphones is working again. But at least I know if it fails for good, I can send it for repair

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #21,521 of 22,482
You will be fine. Last month I traded my set of TC's for some Solitaire P's (which I really like). BUT, before doing that I contacted Abyss re a broken set of Abyss Phi's I had laying in a draw gathering dust for the last couple of years. They confirmed that for $500USD + shipping they could put TC drivers in that OG black frame (which I previously had not thought was possible). This set was out of warranty. I am in Australia. I sent them back to them in NYC, they received them on a Thursday, contacted me that day re payment, I paid them that day, 24 hours later they had changed the drivers to TC's and sent me a tracking number (on their Friday). They were back on my head 4 days later in Australia. Fantastic experience from my end.

ps - the original driver failure was my fault.

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #21,522 of 22,482
You will be fine. Last month I traded my set of TC's for some Solitaire P's (which I really like). BUT, before doing that I contacted Abyss re a broken set of Abyss Phi's I had laying in a draw gathering dust for the last couple of years. They confirmed that for $500USD + shipping they could put TC drivers in that OG black frame (which I previously had not thought was possible). This set was out of warranty. I am in Australia. I sent them back to them in NYC, they received them on a Thursday, contacted me that day re payment, I paid them that day, 24 hours later they had changed the drivers to TC's and sent me a tracking number (on their Friday). They were back on my head 4 days later in Australia. Fantastic experience from my end.

ps - the original driver failure was my fault.
I didn't think the TC drivers would fit in the Phi either. Does this mean I can upgrade my Phi, instead of selling them to buy the TC?

Jun 8, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #21,523 of 22,482
I didn't think the TC drivers would fit in the Phi either. Does this mean I can upgrade my Phi, instead of selling them to buy the TC?
The phi can't be upgraded to TC

Jun 8, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #21,524 of 22,482
Perhaps with Diana TC they've learned something new that allows Phi to TC upgrades.

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #21,525 of 22,482
That is what I thought. But Abyss have assured me multiple times through this process that the drivers they have installed on my black frame are TC drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back