The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
May 17, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #661 of 1,892
Deleted!

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #662 of 1,892
I just demoed the R23.

To my ears, sounds very fuzzy, distorted. Not to my taste. Dac was a violectric.

I tried 1266 TC, elite, R-ES-R10 headphones. All sounded bloated and fuzzy.

I don't get it... This amp. is so highly acclaimed. Maybe I am just used to something more linear...

May 17, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #664 of 1,892
I just demoed the R23.

To my ears, sounds very fuzzy, distorted. Not to my taste. Dac was a violectric.

I don't get it... This amp. is so highly acclaimed. Maybe I am just used to something more linear...
If you're referring to your Audio gd He-9 being more linear than the 23R, I don't think so. I used to own the M9 and the 23R is several levels above it to my ears. Obviously something was defective in the chain of audio gear that you auditioned. There are far too many data points in this thread and online reviews that conflict with your description of the 23R.

May 17, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #665 of 1,892
I just demoed the R23.

I heard the same -things sounded distorted. I turned everything off then back on and now I am beside myself with how good this amp sounds- uncommon clarity and tone at the same time. Hard to understand what happened - I thought I was going to have to send it back - the distortion was unmistakable. Maybe something to do w/ the firmware?? On subsequent power ups everything is fine- hope it stays that way:)

May 17, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #666 of 1,892
Hi - may I ask you if you still have the Soundkaos? How do they behave a low listening levels? I'm seriously considering these. Thanks!
Yes I do, and I absolutely love them. IMO they sound better when you put in more power. I tried listening at late night at lower volume, it didn't show it's full potential, everything sounded a bit more clumsy and lack transparency (but by no means they sound bad, just that they perform better if you let them sing loudly)

May 17, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #667 of 1,892
I heard the same -things sounded distorted. I turned everything off then back on and now I am beside myself with how good this amp sounds- uncommon clarity and tone at the same time. Hard to understand what happened - I thought I was going to have to send it back - the distortion was unmistakable. Maybe something to do w/ the firmware?? On subsequent power ups everything is fine- hope it stays that way:)
I bought my 23R in December and I've had no issues with the function or sound quality. Enleum made some revisions to the 23R (maybe because of part shortages) a few months ago. The revised 23R has a new all metal remote, different speaker binding posts, maybe other part changes and revised firmware. So maybe there is an issue with the firmware?

May 17, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #668 of 1,892
Distortions isn’t in Bakoon’s vocabulary, must be something wrong with you system.

May 17, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #669 of 1,892
no problem with the 13r I am listening to the susvara with right now

May 18, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #670 of 1,892
I bought my 23R in December and I've had no issues with the function or sound quality. Enleum made some revisions to the 23R (maybe because of part shortages) a few months ago. The revised 23R has a new all metal remote, different speaker binding posts, maybe other part changes and revised firmware. So maybe there is an issue with the firmware?

I have emailed Enleum asking about the new remote, they replied the new remote required factory firmware update service if you want it to work with the first batch of 23R. So I guess the revised 23R have different firmware than the first batch 23R. So far I have never experienced any problem with my first batch 23R, no fuzzy or distortion problems.

May 18, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #671 of 1,892
Yes I do, and I absolutely love them. IMO they sound better when you put in more power. I tried listening at late night at lower volume, it didn't show it's full potential, everything sounded a bit more clumsy and lack transparency (but by no means they sound bad, just that they perform better if you let them sing loudly)

Hope to try out the SoundKaos sometime. They look awesome.

Distortions isn’t in Bakoon’s vocabulary,

Couldn't have said it better myself!

May 18, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #673 of 1,892
It's not widely available and I don't think it's been at any shows, but it's scheduled to be at HighEnd Munich -- probably not helpful for you. A lot of people order direct, but there are a couple of dealers too.

May 18, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #674 of 1,892
no contest meaning CFA3 is better?
That is correct. I’m not a man of hyperbole, but to my ears and on my system, CFA3 sounds way better than 13R.

May 19, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #675 of 1,892
I just demoed the R23.

I'm wondering....I've been picking up quite notable distortion on some tracks. At first, I thought this might be the transparency of the amp...now I'm not so sure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back