The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
May 19, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #676 of 1,892
Actually, there's a gain selection that you can set with the remote controller.

Hold the mode button on the remote controller (the O button in the middle) for 3 seconds. The LEDs will start blinking. With the up/down buttons on the remote, choose V1 or V2. V1 is low gain and V2 is high gain. Press the mode button again for 3 seconds to set it.
I must admit, the gain setting implementation of this amp is pretty crap. Seriously, a nearly $7000 amp should do better.

May 19, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #677 of 1,892
I'm wondering....I've been picking up quite notable distortion on some tracks. At first, I thought this might be the transparency of the amp...now I'm not so sure?
What DAC are you using? Check its settings. Check computer/source/gain etc too

May 20, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #678 of 1,892
I have never had such issues with my 13r

May 21, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #679 of 1,892
What DAC are you using? Check its settings. Check computer/source/gain etc too
I'm switching between 2 DACs, a lab 12 DAC 1 ref and a Pontus II. It doesn't seem to be a consistent/continuous effect.....it just jumps out on some tracks and I notice it. I'm going to do some more checks with and without preamp, and at different gain combinations.

May 21, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #680 of 1,892
Hey guys, so I recently started having a problem where I will randomly stop getting sound to the left side of my headphones. It only happens on High Gain for some reason, Low Gain doesn't have this issue. I can sometimes fix the problem by turning the amp on and off but its a very temporary and imperfect solution. This problem happens almost daily, sometimes a few times a day. Its not an issue with my cable or headphones as far as I can tell as they work just fine on the Low Gain Setting. I'm inclined to believe something is wrong somewhere inside the amp where it just doesn't pick up signal on the left side which is weird since the right side works perfectly fine.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

May 21, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #681 of 1,892
Hey guys, so I recently started having a problem where I will randomly stop getting sound to the left side of my headphones. It only happens on High Gain for some reason, Low Gain doesn't have this issue. I can sometimes fix the problem by turning the amp on and off but its a very temporary and imperfect solution. This problem happens almost daily, sometimes a few times a day. Its not an issue with my cable or headphones as far as I can tell as they work just fine on the Low Gain Setting. I'm inclined to believe something is wrong somewhere inside the amp where it just doesn't pick up signal on the left side which is weird since the right side works perfectly fine.

I would contact Enleum and have them take a look.

May 21, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #682 of 1,892

I would contact Enleum and have them take a look.

This! Soo will happily assist you and take a look.

Does the issue happen if you use the back, as well, if you happen to have a set of speakers you can test out with it?

May 21, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #683 of 1,892
This! Soo will happily assist you and take a look.

Does the issue happen if you use the back, as well, if you happen to have a set of speakers you can test out with it?
I was going to do that but just wanted to see if anyone experienced something similar and had any quick fixes. So I'm currently using female XLR to male RCA cables from the Enleum AMP 23r to my RME ADI 2 PRO FS R. I don't have any speakers to test it with yet.

May 21, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #684 of 1,892
Try running 2x6.3mm (TS) -> 2xRCA from the RME before sending it to Soo.

The issues might be because you are running XLR (balanced) from the RME.

May 22, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #685 of 1,892
I must admit, the gain setting implementation of this amp is pretty crap. Seriously, a nearly $7000 amp should do better.

It is minimalist and leaves the product's front panel without any extra knobs or dials. Nothing wrong with that IMO, but a matter of one's taste I guess.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 22, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #686 of 1,892
I absolutely love how the Bakoon looks, resulting in how the interface works. Doesnt bother me at all, but I guess if you are in a rush to listen to that one song before taking a crap, and adjusting the gain was a necessity, I can see how it would bother some people.

May 23, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #688 of 1,892
I absolutely love how the Bakoon looks, resulting in how the interface works. Doesnt bother me at all, but I guess if you are in a rush to listen to that one song before taking a crap, and adjusting the gain was a necessity, I can see how it would bother some people.

Me too. It's such an understated yet powerful design, just like the amp on the inside!

May 23, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #689 of 1,892
Might be the new firmware on the latest batch. I had this initially once - powered off then on and not had any issue since.
I think I figured it out (maybe!). I had set some EQ for my Headphones (via Roon) to bump up the bass EQ by a few db....I forgot to switch it off when playing through speakers. Not sure if that could have been the issue, but haven't had any issues since. I did switch the amp off a few times in the meantime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back