May 9, 2017 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 212

SF_Meet_HeadFi_1_050917.png

The Official San Francisco Head-Fi Meet
Saturday, August 19, 2017
10am to 5pm

DoubleTree by Hilton
835 Airport Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/ho...otel-san-francisco-airport-SFOAODT/index.html

Please reply to this thread if you plan on attending. This event will have both member and exhibitor tables. If you are planning to bring gear, please send me a PM for more details and to confirm your space.

Registration
Please click here to register.
$15 Online (via Eventbrite)
or
$20 at Door

Name badges will be issued at the registration desk and must be worn at all times during the meet. If you would like your Head-Fi username printed on your badge, be sure to PM me once you have purchased your ticket.

Volunteers
If you would like to help out at the Registration Desk for part of the event please let me know via PM. In addition to this being a lot of FUN, entrance to the meet is free.

BUY/SELL Corner
We'll have a BUY/SELL list at the Registration Desk Area where your items can be listed.

Parking
$10 self parking for the day. Validation will be available at the Registration Desk.

Public Transportation
The BART Station runs to the San Francisco International Airport and there is a complimentary shuttle from there. The hotel shuttle runs every 20 minutes (no need to call – it’s automatic)!

Facilities and Power
If you are bringing gear, please remember to bring power strips and extension cords.

Meet Rules
  1. Please treat fellow head-fiers, exhibitors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
  2. Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
  3. Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
  4. Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
  5. Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own. There is ample space within the hotel, as well as Starbucks/bar/restaurant for food and drink.
  6. Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling other’s equipment.
  7. Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to vendors and others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
  8. Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
    DO NOT wear hair gel or any cosmetic product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
  9. Any attendees or guests who engage in rude or offensive behavior will be asked to leave.
  10. Please use common sense! To repeat the most important rule: treat fellow head-fiers, exhibitors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.

Setup and Breakdown
Setup starts at 8am, Meet starts at 10am, Breakdown at 5pm.

Hotel Discounts
The hotel is providing a 10% discount on the best available rate at the time of booking, please use the code "P10". Please note that this rate is based on availability so it's not guaranteed until actually booked.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 212
Attendees
third_eye +4 (1)
moedawg140
LarryMagoo
Shure or Bust
CEE TEE
shiorisekine
bloomphoto
Zachik
HiFiGuy528
bcschmerker4
Netforce
cgiammona
Left Channel
HellaSteph
Lurk650
SeeSax
hattrick15
vipervick
Tom Blake
bosiemoncrieff
foreverzer0
neoluddite
Audiowood
alishafai
chuckwheat
glitch39
Stereolab42
Gnawbert +1
FYL941
Jozurr
I3ig AI
Mkoll
gzone3lement
jazzfan
JustinBieber
outawata
decade127000
stjj89
Hypnotic Rhythm
Lurk650
clinkzclinkz
Brian Hom
JFaumuina
kubo
KG Jag
Josh Meredith
Amadeus123
bclark8923
eeifb
wktenbr
Unilhexium
snafu1
Alcaphone
MudPhud31
chuzzlewhit
mahesvara
CANiSLAYu
ecm2bn
hobermonster
emusic13

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 212
Woo hoo! Looking forward to more fun in San Francisco/the Bay Area.

It will be nice to see those who can make it, there!

May 9, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 212
Looking forward to this one:L3000:. My very first CanJam was last month in LA. I think I've got it figured out now on how to attend a Headphone show.....Take your time to see what you want to see and listen to!

May 9, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #15 of 212
Thanks for the announcement; I've entered the time span into my Yahoo! calendar. Whether I can make it depends on a lot of factors currently beyond my control, however - factors that forced postponing a medium-Z headphone audition for my ASUS® XONAR® STX™ (and potentially my Creative Laboratories® SB1550, the front output of which is mighty hot for a computer sound card, as well) thrice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back